Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FFB Arcade Plugin  (Read 287709 times)

thestu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2021, 09:10:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: FFB Arcade Plugin
« Reply #400 on: January 31, 2020, 11:40:33 pm »
I think I got it, I had to change the command line option from

Code: [Select]
-outputs=win to
-output windows
For some reason, changing output to windows under OSD OUTPUT OPTIONS in mame.ini isn't enough.

PepsiBoy428

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2022, 11:25:42 am
« Reply #401 on: February 01, 2020, 12:06:30 am »
I use the MAMEUI64 version as well. Don't know why i can't get it to work.

thestu

• Offline Offline
« Reply #402 on: February 01, 2020, 08:55:41 am »
I don't use mameui, but make sure that it sends the following command line option when it launches mame64.exe

mame64.exe -output windows
There must be an option somewhere in mameui settings to add command line options.

Otherwise, go to your MAME folder, look for sf2049se.ini and try to change the output value from auto to windows.  Change it also in the mame.ini file and any other sf2049*.ini files.

#
# OSD OUTPUT OPTIONS
#
output                    windows
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 09:28:34 am by thestu »

BrownEye02

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2022, 11:00:09 pm
  • RUSH
« Reply #403 on: February 02, 2020, 06:10:04 pm »
I use the MAMEUI64 version as well. Don't know why i can't get it to work.

I've been having a similar issues trying to get FFB Plugin to work with San Francisco Rush the Rock. FFB logs show its detecting MAME but almost seems like it doesn't know a game is launched. I was able to get .199b working with the (Old MAME) version but no luck with the new version.
I'll verify the output is set to windows not win when I get home.

Is there any benefit in running the newer style of FFB MAME plugin vs the old version besides a possible performance improvement made in a newer version of MAME?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 06:14:11 pm by BrownEye02 »

sonik

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2024, 10:52:59 am
« Reply #404 on: February 03, 2020, 08:30:10 am »
What's the proper way to configure supermodel emulator to use with the plugin?
Just disabling the native FFB on the emulator does not work.

BrownEye02

• Offline Offline
  • RUSH
« Reply #405 on: February 04, 2020, 02:13:31 am »
Change it also in the mame.ini file and any other sf2049*.ini files.
#
# OSD OUTPUT OPTIONS
#
This did the trick!!! Once I added this line to the ini file of each game in the MAME folder FFB worked for all games on the latest version, 217b. Everything is working perfectly now. Thanks to everyone involved with this!!!!!!

PepsiBoy428

• Offline Offline
« Reply #406 on: February 07, 2020, 06:09:18 pm »
Apparently there's no way to make this work on MAMEUI64 :(

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
« Reply #407 on: February 08, 2020, 05:11:20 am »
??

Works fine on mameui64

thestu

• Offline Offline
« Reply #408 on: February 08, 2020, 06:11:17 pm »

Have you checked for the ini files I mentioned?  Search for mame.ini, sf2049.ini, sf2049se.ini, sf2049*.ini in your MAME/MAMEUI installation folder and make sure output is set to windows.

#
# OSD OUTPUT OPTIONS
#

Otherwise, can you try with an official MAME build?

I have MAME 0.217, FFB plugin 1.6 with a Logitech G920 on Windows 10 and it is working fine.

I don't see why it wouldn't work in MAMEUI as it is just a frontend for MAME.

Thanks Boomslang and others that have contributed to this awesome piece of software!

nickels

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 03:52:25 pm
  • Old nerd.
« Reply #409 on: February 10, 2020, 04:43:19 pm »
I have this FFB plugin somewhat working in Teknoparrot. I use an older Logitech Driving Force on my PC. My wheel and pedals only work in games where I uncheck XInput in the game settings, otherwise the games doesn't recognize the wheel or pedal inputs. With Chase HQ 2, the game runs fine and the wheel and pedals both work. Once I put in the FFB files and configure them, CHQ2 gives me a "Failed to run the process" error and fails to launch. With no FFB files, the game runs fine. So weird. Any clue how to fix this?

I have FFB in Wacky Racers and also Sonic Sega Racing. It also works great in MAME - huge thanks it makes a big difference when playing Outrun. So, I do have it partially working. Thanks for any help :)
D'oh!

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 07:22:01 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #410 on: February 10, 2020, 05:52:07 pm »
Well, I can't answer why the FFB plugin is making the game crash, but I can tell you that the reason you need to keep Xinput unticked in the TP config is because your wheel isn't an Xinput device, it's a Dinput one. You only want Xinput ticked if you're using an Xbox controller of some kind.

BrownEye02

• Offline Offline
  • RUSH
« Reply #411 on: February 11, 2020, 04:22:03 am »
"Failed to run the process" error and fails to launch. With no FFB files, the game runs fine. So weird. Any clue how to fix this?
I want to say I got this error on one of my rigs due to not having run the Visual Runtime installer. Have you run the install all as suggested in the readme file?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 04:26:11 am by BrownEye02 »

nickels

• Offline Offline
  • Old nerd.
« Reply #412 on: February 11, 2020, 03:31:21 pm »
"Failed to run the process" error and fails to launch. With no FFB files, the game runs fine. So weird. Any clue how to fix this?
I want to say I got this error on one of my rigs due to not having run the Visual Runtime installer. Have you run the install all as suggested in the readme file?

Yes, I did everything in the instructions. I would think FFB wouldn't work for me in Wacky Racers or Sonic Racing otherwise. They work fine. It's just Chase HQ 2 that fails to launch when I put in the FFB files in the folder on the root level with the exe file. Thanks!
D'oh!

nickels

• Offline Offline
  • Old nerd.
« Reply #413 on: February 11, 2020, 03:35:45 pm »
Well, I can't answer why the FFB plugin is making the game crash, but I can tell you that the reason you need to keep Xinput unticked in the TP config is because your wheel isn't an Xinput device, it's a Dinput one. You only want Xinput ticked if you're using an Xbox controller of some kind.

Yes, and I know that I can use VJoy and UJR to make this Wheel and Pedals act like an Xinput device. This is way complicated and once I install VJoy it totally messes up using my Xbox controller on other games and how MAME sees my wheel and pedals. Unfortunately there are a bunch of games in Teknoparrot that only work when you have the Xinput box ticked, like Mario Kart. Without it checked, the game doesn't recognize any controls.
D'oh!

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 07:22:01 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #414 on: February 11, 2020, 06:00:44 pm »
Yes, and I know that I can use VJoy and UJR to make this Wheel and Pedals act like an Xinput device. This is way complicated and once I install VJoy it totally messes up using my Xbox controller on other games and how MAME sees my wheel and pedals. Unfortunately there are a bunch of games in Teknoparrot that only work when you have the Xinput box ticked, like Mario Kart. Without it checked, the game doesn't recognize any controls.

You shouldn't need to install additional program to make your dinput wheel work, all you normally need to do is just untick the Xinput option. I got Mario Kart working just fine that way with my wheel and I've never had a problem configuring any other game like that either.

nickels

• Offline Offline
  • Old nerd.
« Reply #415 on: February 11, 2020, 08:02:34 pm »
You are right, that works. Add Mario Kart to the working list. Thanks!  :)

I narrowed my CHQ2 crash down to the D3D9.dll file. Without it the game works with my wheel but no FFB. Can’t launch with it in the folder, get that Failed to run the process error. 

You shouldn't need to install additional program to make your dinput wheel work, all you normally need to do is just untick the Xinput option. I got Mario Kart working just fine that way with my wheel and I've never had a problem configuring any other game like that either.

D'oh!

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #416 on: February 11, 2020, 10:49:06 pm »
You are right, that works. Add Mario Kart to the working list. Thanks!  :)

I narrowed my CHQ2 crash down to the D3D9.dll file. Without it the game works with my wheel but no FFB. Can’t launch with it in the folder, get that Failed to run the process error. 

Hm I dunno as it's always worked fine for me on chasehq2

The d3d9.dll is the actual ffb plugin file which does all the work

Rename it to dinput8.dll and see if anything happens

nickels

• Offline Offline
  • Old nerd.
« Reply #417 on: February 12, 2020, 12:16:15 am »
I finally "mostly" figured it out. For some reason on my PC with an AMD graphics card CHQ2 only looks good when playing windowed. When I un-check windowed option the full screen image is garbled and pixelated. I forgot that I solved that problem a while ago by running the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7. That is what was keeping FFB from working. When I run it normally (Windows 10) in windowed mode the FFB works great. When I run it in compatibility mode for Win 7 so that full screen looks good, it fails.

Renamed the file to dinput8.dll. No errors, but no FFB either.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 12:39:36 am by nickels »
D'oh!

2huwman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 03:33:32 am
« Reply #418 on: February 12, 2020, 07:31:05 am »
Quick question about FFB on After Burner Climax (Teknoparrot) using a Sidewinder 2 FFB joystick. I'm running Win 10, newest version of TP, and have updated the Visual runtimes. Feedback effects work when I test using FFBPluginGUI, I get the 'beep when hook' sound, and it identifies the right GUID for the joystick. However, there's no centering or feedback initially when i start to play. After being hit by a missile, the centering turns on and there's a rumble with the missile impact, but then no more rumbles or effects, apart from the centering forces.

Any ideas what's going wrong? 

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #419 on: February 12, 2020, 06:46:10 pm »
I finally "mostly" figured it out. For some reason on my PC with an AMD graphics card CHQ2 only looks good when playing windowed. When I un-check windowed option the full screen image is garbled and pixelated. I forgot that I solved that problem a while ago by running the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7. That is what was keeping FFB from working. When I run it normally (Windows 10) in windowed mode the FFB works great. When I run it in compatibility mode for Win 7 so that full screen looks good, it fails.

Hm yea it may not work when running compatibility. Dunno if I can solve that or not but I'll take a look sometime

nickels

• Offline Offline
  • Old nerd.
« Reply #420 on: February 13, 2020, 10:33:15 am »
No worries, this is totally an issue on my end I shouldn't have to run CHQ2 in compatibility mode to look good full screen. Thanks for your hard work, it is incredible and greatly appreciated!

Quick easy question. Does Virtua Racing support FFB? I see it listed in the FFB Setup screen, but this is the my only remaining game that seems unresponsive to FFB in MAME? Is it just subtle? Every other game is pretty much working for me now.

Hm yea it may not work when running compatibility. Dunno if I can solve that or not but I'll take a look sometime
D'oh!

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #421 on: February 13, 2020, 12:52:33 pm »
Yes, needs to be set as Upright in test menu

PepsiBoy428

• Offline Offline
« Reply #422 on: February 15, 2020, 07:22:04 pm »

Have you checked for the ini files I mentioned?  Search for mame.ini, sf2049.ini, sf2049se.ini, sf2049*.ini in your MAME/MAMEUI installation folder and make sure output is set to windows.

#
# OSD OUTPUT OPTIONS
#

Otherwise, can you try with an official MAME build?

I have MAME 0.217, FFB plugin 1.6 with a Logitech G920 on Windows 10 and it is working fine.

I don't see why it wouldn't work in MAMEUI as it is just a frontend for MAME.

Thanks Boomslang and others that have contributed to this awesome piece of software!

Sorry for the late response, but I don't have a mame.ini file and my sf2049.ini file doesn't have that line.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 09:46:56 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #423 on: February 15, 2020, 08:07:14 pm »
I don't have a mame.ini file
Launch your MAME executable with "-cc". (create config)  i.e. "mameui -cc"

You only need to do this once to generate the mame.ini file.

my sf2049.ini file doesn't have that line.
Just copy/pasting it from the code box to the end of your sf2049.ini should work fine.   ;D

Use the same spacing as the other sections in the .ini -- one blank line between sections.
#
# FULL SCREEN OPTIONS
#
triplebuffer              0
switchres                 0

#
# WINDOWS SOUND OPTIONS
#
audio_latency             2

#
# OSD OUTPUT OPTIONS
#

Scott

kicking1980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 02:38:50 pm
« Reply #424 on: February 20, 2020, 03:01:24 pm »
FFB Plugin is working, but the wheel is super loose. Is there a way to adjust this?

Also, Outrun is now crashing immediately. It ran fine before installing plugin. 

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #425 on: February 21, 2020, 12:41:28 pm »
FFB Plugin is working, but the wheel is super loose. Is there a way to adjust this?

Also, Outrun is now crashing immediately. It ran fine before installing plugin.

What game is it super loose on?

Need more details

Namco

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2024, 06:12:56 pm
  • Now addicted to Williams pins... all of them.
    • Freddo Mame Project
« Reply #426 on: February 22, 2020, 10:07:05 pm »
I got this working & tested with my G27 playing Outrun. It shakes great and I can see in the log files the values it's recieving in the log file. Usually it's all 0's or 2's, then it does a SINE.

Playing Rave Racer it never gets any values at all. Same for me in MAME64 216, 206, & 199. Does this not work with Rave Racer? or do I have something misconfigured and I"m getting just the shaking and not the forces?

Should I delete my mame game profile in the Logitech Profiler?

Here's what my log file looks like when I launch Rave Racer:
DLLMAIN ENTERED
process name:
D:\Emulation\mame216b\mame64_199.exe
default centering & friction values:
dll process attach:
loading original library...
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dinput8.dll
library loaded
creating ffb loop thread...
Before CreateThread
After CreateThread
In FFBLoop
in initialize
numJoysticks =
Joystick: 0 / Name: Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB / GUID: 030000006d0400009bc2000000000000

Haptic joystick found: 0 / Name: Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB / GUID: 030000006d0400009bc2000000000000

Rumble Init
disabling all current FFB effects
setting haptic gain to 100
setting haptic auto center to 0
creating base effects...
Initialize() complete
Setting DefaultCentering & DefaultFriction forces...
Entering Game's FFBLoop loop
DLLMAIN ENTERED
process name:
detaching from process:

Here's Outrun in .206
DLLMAIN ENTERED
process name:
D:\Emulation\mame0206b\mame64.exe
dll process attach:
D:\Emulation\mame0206b\mame64.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dinput8.dll
library loaded
Before CreateThread
After CreateThread
In FFBLoop
in initialize
numJoysticks =
Joystick: 0 / Name: Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB / GUID: 030000006d0400009bc2000000000000

Haptic joystick found: 0 / Name: Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB / GUID: 030000006d0400009bc2000000000000

Rumble Init
creating base effects...
Initialize() complete
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
Doing sine...
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 10:10:37 pm by Namco »

Namco

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2024, 06:12:56 pm
  • Now addicted to Williams pins... all of them.
    • Freddo Mame Project
« Reply #427 on: February 22, 2020, 11:16:24 pm »
Okay, I got it working for Rave Racer with a clean install of mame64 0199, and ffb plugin 1.2. But now, under 199 and 1.2 Outrun doesn't work. No shaker motor, no ffb. Oh well. I'm just glad it works so well with Rave Racer. Great feedback in that game. And I know my ffb values should look more like this in the log:

moving wheel left
moving wheel left
moving wheel left
moving wheel left
moving wheel left
moving wheel right
moving wheel right
moving wheel right
moving wheel right
moving wheel right
moving wheel right
moving wheel right
moving wheel left

EDIT: so, reviewing the change logs, at some point mame output was changed or removed for Rave Racer. And I'll have to use the oldMame files for that. I'll keep an install of mame64 .206 configured just for Rave Racer. I'm now sure that Outrun only has a shaker for crashes and a spring for centering, so I'll set a return to center value for that.

Loving the work you guys are doing. Playing Rave Racer with FFB is kinda like a dream come true!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 01:40:16 am by Namco »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #428 on: March 13, 2020, 06:42:59 pm »
New Version of FFB Arcade Plugin. Now Version 1.7

https://github.com/Boomslangnz/FFBArcadePlugin/releases

MotownC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:02:37 am
  • Reliving my youth, one lap at a time
« Reply #429 on: March 13, 2020, 10:22:33 pm »
Excellent - gear shift force feedback in GRID is a nice touch.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #430 on: March 16, 2020, 12:16:48 am »
Small fix as I was missing rumble on certain MAME Output games

https://github.com/Boomslangnz/FFBArcadePlugin/releases

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #431 on: March 26, 2020, 12:13:18 am »
Im in lockdown for next 4 weeks guys so let me know if theres any changes or addons you want made to FFB Arcade Plugin

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 05:19:21 pm
« Reply #432 on: March 26, 2020, 07:40:32 am »
Would be nice to have as much Mame games supported as possible  :D
Just a question: the FFB plugin is compatible with/safe to use at the same time as Mamehooker, isn't ?

Many many thanks for your work Boomslang (and to you Howard for Mamehooker)

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #433 on: March 26, 2020, 03:52:31 pm »
Actually it currently can't and I've discussed it with Howard already as currently mame sends the outputs to 1 and not to both

We were gonna sort it once Howard had some time

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 05:19:21 pm
« Reply #434 on: March 26, 2020, 07:10:19 pm »
Actually it currently can't and I've discussed it with Howard already as currently mame sends the outputs to 1 and not to both

We were gonna sort it once Howard had some time

Ah, ok. Thank you very much for the explanation.
It would be great to see  both projects merged into one app.  :)
Do you think it's something feasible to do ?

MotownC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #435 on: March 28, 2020, 07:49:57 pm »
Im in lockdown for next 4 weeks guys so let me know if theres any changes or addons you want made to FFB Arcade Plugin

Any chance for MAME's 'Super Chase - Criminal Termination' to get some FFB treatment? I noticed in the service menu it has options for handle, seat and nitro vibration.

I also enjoy your constant updates - it has allowed me to discover Vapor TRX and Hyperdrive. Many thanks.

fjser

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2024, 01:42:51 pm
« Reply #436 on: March 30, 2020, 07:41:44 am »
Question - I setup FFB plugin about a year ago on my racing cab and am about to do an update to it.

- Is there still a requirement on what mame version to use with FFB plugin? if so what version should i upgrade to?
- For older working games, is there much value in updating the FFB if it was already working? Have their been improvements to quality/functionality?

MotownC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #437 on: March 30, 2020, 05:22:17 pm »
Question - I setup FFB plugin about a year ago on my racing cab and am about to do an update to it.

- Is there still a requirement on what mame version to use with FFB plugin? if so what version should i upgrade to?
- For older working games, is there much value in updating the FFB if it was already working? Have their been improvements to quality/functionality?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there is no longer a requirement to use mame .199 or .206. I am using .216 (no nag) and it works great.

The newer versions of the plugin offers way more mame games (check out the changelog) as well as providing the ability to adjust the settings within each game whereas before it was one size fits all. For those that like to tinker (guilty), this is pretty cool.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #438 on: March 31, 2020, 12:24:09 am »

yep MotownC is correct, it won't matter what MAME you are running but I was suggest the latest for best improvements and all current games (old mame may not have the outputs) and yeah FFB Plugin is always getting updates and changes so it pays to update for latest

Yagami-kun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 02, 2022, 12:45:31 am
  • Ore ga kowai no ka??????
    • Iori Yagami
« Reply #439 on: April 03, 2020, 04:11:31 pm »
Hello I'm here now for thx to Boomslang and all who creates this plugin and I have a big problem...I'm bought a Logitech G920 and I uses this plugin on my MAMEUI64 0.216 but the FFB's rumble don't works and wheel now loosen a lot,here's the log...
DLLMAIN ENTERED
process name:
G:\Mameui64\MAMEUI64.exe
detaching from process:
DLLMAIN ENTERED
process name:
dll process attach:
C:\Windows\system32\dinput8.dll
library loaded
Before CreateThread
After CreateThread
In FFBLoop
in initialize
numJoysticks =
Joystick: 0 / Name: Logitech G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB / GUID: 030000006d04000062c2000000000000

Haptic joystick found: 0 / Name: Logitech G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB / GUID: 030000006d04000062c2000000000000

creating base effects...
Initialize() complete
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
got value:
And plus I'm have one question,have plans for put FFB on another MAME's racing arcades like Chase HQ and Slipstream through this plugin??????