Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FFB Arcade Plugin  (Read 286447 times)

codeena

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2023, 06:23:54 pm
  • This site is cool
Re: FFB Arcade Plugin
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2018, 10:02:00 pm »
If it isnt generating the log.txt then it isn't hooking the executable for some reason

check FFBPlugin.ini and enable Beep when Hook

I'm assuming it doesn't beep upon starting mame at all?

Can you confirm that you have copied dinput8.dll,FFBPlugin.ini and sdl2.dll from Mame 64bit folder you downloaded (from FFB Arcade Plugin) into the mameui64 folder? Should be the one with mameui64.exe in it

if so, have you got any third party apps that run etc when you launch mame or similar? the exe calls dinput8.dll so it should hook fine

Hi Boomslang. You are correct that there is no beep when starting MAME and I did enable it per your instruction. I did copy all of the Mame ffb 64 files into my MAME 64 folder.

I also closed xpadder and logitech profiler to no avail.

I did want to mention that the M2 emulator and the non-UI version of Mame64 0199 have a system error that says it cannot start because MSVCP140.DLL is missing from my computer. Is it possible that this may have to do with DirectX or even my ATI software? Thank u.

Boomslang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2018, 12:26:03 am »
If it isnt generating the log.txt then it isn't hooking the executable for some reason

Can you confirm that you have copied dinput8.dll,FFBPlugin.ini and sdl2.dll from Mame 64bit folder you downloaded (from FFB Arcade Plugin) into the mameui64 folder? Should be the one with mameui64.exe in it

if so, have you got any third party apps that run etc when you launch mame or similar? the exe calls dinput8.dll so it should hook fine

Hi Boomslang. You are correct that there is no beep when starting MAME and I did enable it per your instruction. I did copy all of the Mame ffb 64 files into my MAME 64 folder.

I did want to mention that the M2 emulator and the non-UI version of Mame64 0199 have a system error that says it cannot start because MSVCP140.DLL is missing from my computer. Is it possible that this may have to do with DirectX or even my ATI software? Thank u.

hm it appears that should be Installed with the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libraries

I'm assuming you are missing one of these (or all)

segaturbo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 04, 2023, 12:31:01 pm
  • SEGA FOREVER
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2018, 01:51:21 pm »
Boomslang you plugin is awesome if you tinker with Logitech profiler and your plugin settings  it works great tried all mame games it completes them
I am using l2m2 with Logitech on cab and its great I found that calabrating the games in the games settings makes them better
my advice is to have a play with settings on things and stick at what suits your own setup getting them to feel right is part of the fun

any chance of outrun and turbo outrun and virtua racing that would be the icing on the cake

I know theres Cannonball outrun for ffb but mame has more settings you can play with

on that note keep up the good work I am loving playing the games all over again with ffb

:cheers:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 01:53:41 pm by segaturbo »

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2018, 06:04:09 pm »

any chance of outrun and turbo outrun and virtua racing that would be the icing on the cake

I know theres Cannonball outrun for ffb but mame has more settings you can play with

on that note keep up the good work I am loving playing the games all over again with ffb

Patience young Jedi. Master Boomslang will get OutRunners, Turbo OutRun and Virtua Racing done eventually. How do I know this? Because the population wants it, and the Jedi counsel demands it!  :burgerking: :lol

codeena

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2023, 06:23:54 pm
  • This site is cool
« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2018, 10:55:05 pm »

hm it appears that should be Installed with the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libraries

I'm assuming you are missing one of these (or all)

Yes! Thanks so much Boomslang. I appreciate your help and plugin...Going to try these out now!

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2018, 03:19:21 am »

Patience young Jedi. Master Boomslang will get OutRunners, Turbo OutRun and Virtua Racing done eventually. How do I know this? Because the population wants it, and the Jedi counsel demands it!  :burgerking: :lol

hehe unfortunately tho I don't think Turbo Outrun and Virtua Racing are possible atm. Tubo Outrun doesn't let me even enter motor test in test menu and Virtua Racing I cannot get a static pointer address etc, also something is wrong with Virtua Racing anyway. Values don't seem to work ingame correctly, roll left and right never work  :dunno

I just looked at Outrunners briefly and I can do the ffb on that, but it appears to be very simple rumble or something? If you want that then I can do it I guess. Just shakes or something when you drive off the track by looks of it

2huwman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 03:33:32 am
« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2018, 03:45:16 am »
Quick question - would it be possible to use this excellent plugin with an arcade FFB motor? Basically I've got an empty CHQ2 cabinet (no TTX+ or I/O PCB, but with pedals, control panel, and FFB motor). I've put a PC into it, running CHQ2, and all the controls are hooked up and working, but it would be great to have FFB as well.

I'm assuming that it would need some kind of arduino interface to pass the FFB instructions from this plugin to the motor (as has been done with M2 emulator), but have very little understanding of this. Any thoughts much appreciated!

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2018, 03:51:16 am »
It would be possible but I don't really how sorry

segaturbo

• Offline Offline
  • SEGA FOREVER
« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2018, 06:57:07 am »
hi Boomslang is outrun like turbo outrun or can that be done I think that will be like outruners just rumbles when you go off track
if you get time to check  ;)

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2018, 08:57:20 am »
yeah seems to just rumble off track etc for outrunners

Ive done 1 x demul game tonight just using latest demul version

bandicoot

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 02:33:24 am
« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2018, 11:48:35 am »
DEMUL 0.7 lag a lot on my RACING CAB , i need to find why
CPU : CORE i7-4770
RAM : 8G
GPU : GTX 760
WHAT THE F***

what game have you test on demul ?  :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

SmooveJMY

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 15, 2021, 11:31:06 pm
« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2018, 01:11:37 pm »
Boomslang, I'm not sure if it's worth your trouble because the game itself still needs a lot of work graphically, but is the FFB for Cruis'n Exotica similar to the set up for Cruis'n World and Cruis'n USA?  Would it be possible to add Exotica to your plug-in?  (Not that it looks like you're lacking in suggestions for further projects, but I figured I'd throw it out there!)

Thanks!

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #132 on: August 31, 2018, 08:50:32 pm »
I did Nascar Racing on hikaru

I looked at f355 but it doesn't appear to be possible atm. I think i found the ffb address, but it must have a check for the ffb board as the address doesn't really work once ingame. It only changes 1 digit when you press accl etc, ive managed to trick a couple games which have checks by just changing bytes in the region manually previously but it didn't work on this game so unfortunately f355 is out for now

I also looked at initial d3 and found the dynamic ffb address easy enough but trying to do a pointer scan on this breaks my pc basically lol, too many pointers are found and i can't seem to make it work so that's out for now too

*edit*

looks like all the naomi games are the same basically, can't do ffb im afraid unless someone can enable to ffb board flag to make ffb address work
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:52:10 am by Boomslang »

segaturbo

• Offline Offline
  • SEGA FOREVER
« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2018, 10:16:45 am »
hi any chance you could check fast and furious games and roadfighter 3d if you get time  :)

bandicoot

• Online Online
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2018, 12:54:48 pm »
who's say GTI CLUB 3  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2018, 03:51:49 pm »
I've got gti club ffb address but I dont fully understand it yet

It has a byte that changes when I turn wheel but does nothing when you hit walls etc. Then next byte changes when you hit walls etc but it's the same when you hit left wall and right wall etc.

I really need someone who has access to real cabinet to be able to tell me the reaction of ffb on real cabinet

Atm I would guess the wheel just shakes when you hit walls and does no roll left/right effect etc

bandicoot

• Online Online
« Reply #136 on: September 07, 2018, 11:52:25 am »
i've play this but three years ago   ;D don't realy remember , but i like what you done
it's seems the arcade got a FAN on the panel ?? perhaps there's information you look which come from this ( just a supposition)

TacticalChaos

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 02:36:46 am
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2018, 01:17:53 pm »
Link to version 0.2 so nobody has to sign up to just to see a download link (though might be worth it, lots of stuff there).
https://mega.nz/#!ZlEgxArS!Phpy_J0YcTbPAFzog40xCMaLWwmsgrWwJ2zfN6G4w98

Bigtymer781

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2024, 12:21:40 pm
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2018, 07:49:22 pm »
So this only works with MameUI versions and not regular Mame 0.199?

I'm getting an error message "The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Also, the files get placed into the main Mame folder correct?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2018, 08:32:29 pm »
No it works on regular mame 0.199 too

I have no idea on that error tho, maybe runtime file needs installing?

Yea all files goto main mame folder

Bigtymer781

• Offline Offline
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2018, 11:59:08 pm »
Ok, I installed sp1 for Windows 7 and the error message went away, but I still have no force feedback. I'm using a logitech G27.

Edit: These are my settings

; **********************************
; *** FFB Settings for Mame 0199 ***
; **********************************
[Settings]
GameId=4
MinForce=0
MaxForce=75
DeviceGUID=3
EnableRumble=0
Logging=0
ResetFeedback=1
FeedbackLength=500
DefaultCentering=0
DefaultFriction=0
BeepWhenHook=0
AlternativeFFB=0
AlternativeMinForceLeft=0
AlternativeMaxForceLeft=-100
AlternativeMinForceRight=0
AlternativeMaxForceRight=100
FFBMode=0
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:36:50 am by Bigtymer781 »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2018, 02:37:52 am »
Device guid is not correct

Check log.txt for it

Bigtymer781

• Offline Offline
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2018, 02:58:15 am »
Cool it works, bad ass!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 04:26:28 am by Bigtymer781 »

osky85

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2018, 09:45:57 pm
« Reply #143 on: October 04, 2018, 09:46:34 pm »
Boomslang,

Thanks for your hard work  :notworthy:. Your plugin is awesome. I use it with Mame 0.999 mostly with the rush game.

It works really good, however, I have a Logitech Momo wheel and there are some effects like rumble or the tires loosing traction that is way too strong compared with the "centering effect" also the feedback of choosing tracks, cars and letters when inputing the name are also too strong.

I have EnableRumble=0 and I think I also tried FFBMode and AlternativeFFB parameters with no good result.

Is this only me? is there some configuration I can change to fix this?

Again thanks in advance!

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2018, 12:37:36 am »
Boomslang,

Thanks for your hard work  :notworthy:. Your plugin is awesome. I use it with Mame 0.999 mostly with the rush game.

It works really good, however, I have a Logitech Momo wheel and there are some effects like rumble or the tires loosing traction that is way too strong compared with the "centering effect" also the feedback of choosing tracks, cars and letters when inputing the name are also too strong.

I have EnableRumble=0 and I think I also tried FFBMode and AlternativeFFB parameters with no good result.

Is this only me? is there some configuration I can change to fix this?

Again thanks in advance!

well it only uses 1 force so if the effect is too strong, just lower max ffb

Bigtymer781

• Offline Offline
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2018, 08:07:11 pm »
I have a question.

I just compiled a custom version of MAME 0.199 (64-bit) with the R5000 CPU overclocked from 200mhz to 300mhz in the seattle.cpp driver, to try and get the framerates in Rush the Rock up (it works great if you have a powerful enough PC) and now the forcefeedback stopped working, how can I fix this?

When Mame first loads the wheel moves, but when I load the game there's nothing. If I swap back to the default mame64.exe the forcefeedback works again.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 08:08:42 pm by Bigtymer781 »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #146 on: October 08, 2018, 12:56:35 am »
Yeah it wont work

Unfortunately due to reading memory address for the ffb instead of outputs etc I would need to find the new addresses unless you can do it

Bigtymer781

• Offline Offline
« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2018, 02:26:16 am »
Yeah it wont work

Unfortunately due to reading memory address for the ffb instead of outputs etc I would need to find the new addresses unless you can do it

How do you find the new addresses? I have a few Mame .exe's compiled (with the r5000 @300mhz, 350mhz, and 400mhz) to try and push the limits on a new PC.

If its not too much work, I'd happily upload them if you wanted.

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 08:30:33 am
« Reply #148 on: October 08, 2018, 08:53:55 am »
Does your custom version behave any differently than just increasing the CPU overclock slider on the regular 0.199? I tried doing that and while it was smoother, some of just went too fast like the countdown at the beginning of the race.

Bigtymer781

• Offline Offline
« Reply #149 on: October 08, 2018, 05:59:20 pm »
Does your custom version behave any differently than just increasing the CPU overclock slider on the regular 0.199? I tried doing that and while it was smoother, some of just went too fast like the countdown at the beginning of the race.

Is there a CPU overclock slider on Mame 0.199? If there is, I haven't seen it. I know the older Mame versions had it.

Yeah the framerates increase dramatically, without changing the speed of the gameplay at all. I pretty much have the game running at a solid 30fps with the overclocks. I think Rush is capped at 30fps even though Mame says it runs at 57Hz.

At the stock speed the game often runs at 15fps, almost like a slideshow. The start of track 2 has some of the lowest framerates, as well as track 7. There's extended periods of 15fps, you can run fraps to see it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 06:19:10 pm by Bigtymer781 »

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2018, 06:50:41 pm »
You have to enable cheats to see the overclock slider but it sounds like your custom build is better.

Bigtymer781

• Offline Offline
« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2018, 08:07:11 pm »
You have to enable cheats to see the overclock slider but it sounds like your custom build is better.

Cool that's nice to know. I just tried it and yeah the game runs way too fast when you overclock the main CPU with the slider, but I did increase the 'Screen Refresh Rate' to 67fps (high as it will go) and now Rush is maxing out at 34fps, instead of 30.

It's pretty interesting, it would be GREAT to get the game running at 60fps..

UPDATE: I have Rush the Rock running at 60fps!!!

Often times the FPS goes down to 30 and 40fps, but it tops out at 60fps now. It looks amazing, I might make a video.

UPDATE2:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 05:29:07 am by Bigtymer781 »

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2018, 06:49:29 am »
Awesome. Can you post your custom build?

Moksi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:10:04 am
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2018, 03:46:08 pm »
been along time i played it forgot , did Ridge Racer 1 or 2 had FFB?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2018, 04:46:32 pm »
No they didn't

I'm not really happy with the ffb I did on rave racer

It's done differently then normal games

2huwman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 03:33:32 am
« Reply #155 on: October 18, 2018, 05:45:43 am »
I'm loving the ffb on the Rush games. Would support for virtua racing be possible?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #156 on: October 18, 2018, 07:44:00 pm »
Sorta.

It would require output support to be added to plugin which is something I would need help with, I ain't good enough coder

jacko1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2021, 07:25:03 pm
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2018, 03:23:24 am »
I have weird problem with Daytona Championship USA.  When I enable the FFB Plugin (0.2) and try to play a networked 2 player game, I lose sound on one PC.  It's really odd because it's only when networked that this problem pops up.  Beep on hook is turned off.

I'm on Windows 7, using D3Launcher, sound works again if I disable the FFB Plugin.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:30:48 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2018, 10:38:11 am »
When I was having issues trying to get FFB working and was trying lots of different stuff to get it working messing around with x360ce and the different dll files in the folder, I kept getting an issue where the game would load up but with no audio. I never got to the bottom of why it was doing it. Thankfully when I did eventually get the FFB sorted the audio problems corrected themselves too.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2018, 11:22:23 pm »
I have weird problem with Daytona Championship USA.  When I enable the FFB Plugin (0.2) and try to play a networked 2 player game, I lose sound on one PC.  It's really odd because it's only when networked that this problem pops up.  Beep on hook is turned off.

I'm on Windows 7, using D3Launcher, sound works again if I disable the FFB Plugin.

uh lol that's a new one

can you try it when launching directly on exe instead of D3Launcher?