Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FFB Arcade Plugin  (Read 291994 times)

jorgenjl2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2024, 07:10:47 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: FFB Arcade Plugin
« Reply #960 on: February 07, 2023, 07:10:10 am »
I can't really help without either trying to setup my own lan or remote desktop in and find solution that way

Since Rave Racer doesn't support FFB Outputs, I have to perform a pattern scan on bootup to find the FFB address.

Perhaps when playing LAN the pattern changes a little, enough so there is no match
Is this something you could add to a future version?

IGOT80

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2023, 09:30:46 pm
« Reply #961 on: March 01, 2023, 10:53:36 pm »
Boomslang: THANK you so much for this software.

I have a question/feature request that I haven't seen asked:

In the Demul FFB config for control override, when setting axis for wheels and pedals, is there a way to set up two different analog devices for player 1?

I have a cabinet with a Logitech wheel but the original cabinet pedals are connected to the PC with an A-Pac. In the Demul FFB menu for a game like Initial D, it only allows me to set the analog axis for one device. The funny thing is, it will READ the pedals from the A-Pac, but still assign that axis to the Logitech wheel device. (I initially set the Logitech wheel as device 1 and the A-Pac pedals as device 2).

So it ends up as:
Wheel: Device 1 axis 0
gas: Device 1 axis 0 (should be device 2 axis 0)
brake: Device 1 axis 1 (should be device 2 axis 1)

So in-game turning the wheel right makes the car go right and presses the gas, and vice versa.

Again thank you for the hard work.

Edit: Going to try Flycast tomorrow, maybe it's a non-issue there
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 12:20:25 am by IGOT80 »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
« Reply #962 on: March 02, 2023, 02:26:28 am »
yeah you can do input support up to 2 devices i think

NEW RELEASE

https://github.com/Boomslangnz/FFBArcadePlugin/releases
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 03:27:18 am by Boomslang »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #963 on: March 05, 2023, 12:27:54 am »
New FFB Arcade Plugin Release

https://github.com/Boomslangnz/FFBArcadePlugin/releases

Been looking forward to adding Club Kart for along time

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:45:26 pm
« Reply #964 on: March 05, 2023, 02:44:18 pm »
Hi boom. I've a g29. Is normal that in club kart I've no effect when I'm on the grass or when I hit a wall?

hiryu69mx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 07:37:04 pm
« Reply #965 on: March 05, 2023, 04:44:47 pm »
thanks Boomslang for the new release!, the initial d games feels a lot better in teknoparrot, but in 18 wheeler and king of route 66 in flycast i cant make it to work, also i tried initial d games and faster than speed and the work good in flycast.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #966 on: March 05, 2023, 06:45:09 pm »
Apparently has to be deluxe versions of game, won’t work with upright etc

jonnycorporate

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 05:55:03 pm
« Reply #967 on: March 12, 2023, 09:59:14 am »
Hi Boom, if you read this... I just tested out 2.0.0.23 and could only get FFB working in flycast by swapping winmm.dll from an old version of the plugin.

I used 2.0.0.15 and it started working again immediately.

totoplay

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2023, 04:56:04 am
« Reply #968 on: March 22, 2023, 02:25:38 pm »
Hello,

Logitech G920

Force feedback thru FFB Arcade Plugin works perfectly (all games) up to version 2.0.0.10.

All newest versions do not work at all even with fresh install (WIN10 or WIN11) and all Visual Runtime Files from link provided in FFBPluginReadme.txt

On this recent installation, versions prior to 2.0.0.11. work. Force Feedback is available with PC racing games and Model 2&3 (without FFBPlugin).

I've had this problem for months and I was waiting for someone to have the same bug with SDL2.dll but it does not happen.

As I can't find the solution, any ideas?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 03:06:17 pm by totoplay »

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #969 on: March 22, 2023, 06:23:21 pm »
... any ideas?

Are you running every single program as admin, ffb config, TP, games, etc? That one worked for me recently.

totoplay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #970 on: March 23, 2023, 04:35:51 am »
... any ideas?

Are you running every single program as admin, ffb config, TP, games, etc? That one worked for me recently.

Thanks for your help, yes I do.
Force feedback Test from FFBPluginGUI.exe (as admin) fails and it always works with older versions.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #971 on: March 23, 2023, 06:54:56 am »
Force feedback Test from FFBPluginGUI.exe (as admin) fails and it always works with older versions.

That's certainly something you should report to Boom. Are you on the discord?

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:32:01 pm
« Reply #972 on: March 23, 2023, 09:21:09 am »
Not sure if its related or not, but I had two recent KB patches on Windows 11 straight up break Burnout Paradise Remastered (EA Games version, not Steam).   I had to uninstall those updates for the game to work again. 

So you might try uninstalling any recent KB updates (which can be a pain) to see if the program starts working again.  I've been debating at reaching out to my contacts inside Microsoft to see if I can get any additional insight. 

totoplay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #973 on: March 23, 2023, 10:52:04 am »
Windows 10 or 11 reinstalled with nothing else except Logitech G HUB > ALL versions work
Now I have to go step by step and try every single time to see when bug occurs...

Thanks again for your help!

penfoldcrumbs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2023, 07:13:28 am
« Reply #974 on: May 07, 2023, 07:27:37 am »
Hi,

Great work on the plugin.

Am experiencing the same issue as others have mentioned with Mame, the plugin works from the Mame UI, everytime, but at best, works once per boot of the machine (rarely) from the command line. as others have mentioned, the ffb plugin hooks but doesn't see the rom name.

Now I can't see this being an issue with the plugin, nor Mame to be honest, as for the majority of people it seems, running from the command line works for them.

Changing the output to network btw, Rave Racer picks up the ffb fine, Hard Drivin\Outrun etc provide ffb to the wheel, but not in line with the game, I presume because the plugin still doesn't know which game is running and is just processing the raw values.

Anyway, have tried everything mentioned in these pages and more, still can't get it to work from the command line. Will live with booting Mame UI for these games unless somebody has any ideas I have not yet tried.

Have tried, setting output to windows, both in the mame ini and on the command line, checked for extra instances of the output entries in other .inis, fresh installs of both mame and the plugin, fresh instances of the roms, various directory locations, bat files, running as admin.

I do have another instance of ffb plugin in my DaytonaUSA game folder but from my understanding that should not matter as the plugin just hooks into the running executable in the same folder it is in so you can have as many copies of the plugin as you like if they are in different folders.

Anyway, out of ideas now, hoping someone here can provide insight into what might be the cause on my system so I can remove that step of launching the Mame UI first instead of directly from LaunchBox.

Cheers

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #975 on: May 07, 2023, 06:48:31 pm »
Hmm, as an experiment with permissions and ennvironment and such, have you tried having Launchbox open a batfile with the command line embedded in that? And if that doesn't work, create a shortcut to the batch file and launch from that (as admin, if needed)

So, create a text file called mamegame.txt, edit it something like below, and change the name to .bat

@echo off
cls
cd C:\games\mame
start mame.exe romname

The romname does not need .zip, and your ini file for that game should be set up with everything (esp. to output to windows). If all your games use the same config just configure mame.ini. Any further commandline arguments can be added after romname if needed, e.g. -skip_gameinfo

penfoldcrumbs

• Offline Offline
« Reply #976 on: May 08, 2023, 06:47:02 am »
Hey @buttersoft, thanks for the suggestion but no change. I do appreciate the help though.

As mentioned, -output network is the only way I can get consistent, albeit incorrect, ffb every time from the command line. I know this is not the way to go but worth noting?

If I get the time I may try debugging the plugin source to see if I can figure out what is going on, otherwise will keep my fingers crossed for a future release of either Mame or the FFB plugin that works from the command line on my system/environment.

Thanks again!

penfoldcrumbs

• Offline Offline
« Reply #977 on: May 08, 2023, 02:55:18 pm »
Just tried playing around with Supermodel, works flawlessly with the ffb plugin from the command line every time so going to have some fun with that to take the edge off not getting Mame working nicely!

Out of interest, what version of Mame are you all using? I am currently testing with 253, did try a few older ones too.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #978 on: May 10, 2023, 04:06:12 pm »
Just tried playing around with Supermodel, works flawlessly with the ffb plugin from the command line every time so going to have some fun with that to take the edge off not getting Mame working nicely!

Out of interest, what version of Mame are you all using? I am currently testing with 253, did try a few older ones too.

As someone who was a big Danger Mouse fan as a kid, I like your forum username!

a5608498

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 12:13:43 pm
« Reply #979 on: May 12, 2023, 07:18:41 am »
Any chance to add hodt scarlett dawn?  ;D

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 08:15:07 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #980 on: May 12, 2023, 07:26:14 pm »
Are any of you guys having issues with Rave Racer? The FFB is there, but my wheel is now pulling *away* from center, opposite of what it's supposed to feel like. So then I tried it with Alternative FFB enabled, and the wheel just pulls only to the left. If I recall correctly the game was working perfectly before with normal settings(non Alternative FFB). Using the latest version of the plugin. Any ideas?

followthislogic

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2024, 10:04:22 am
« Reply #981 on: May 15, 2023, 12:51:22 pm »
I've been comparing Initial D v3 in Flycast against DEMUL and the feel of the FFB is very different.  Not talking about bumps against the wall but the pull of the wheel.  DEMUL feels pretty much like it should, usually a fairly constant pull to the center, and it seems to change with the game (swtching directions in-game changes the pull direction).  The pull in Flycast seems to be more erratic.  I've played with the Feedback Length and it seems to correlate... with a long Feedback Length like 5000 - which is what DEMUL seems to be set to - I get a pull in one direction for about 5 seconds, regardless of anything changing in-game.  Setting that shorter, like to 500 or 250, means I get shorter pulses of feedback pull, but much of the time there's hardly any pull at all, it feels very loose.  This makes it a bit hard to drive properly when you're putting a certain amount of strength on the wheel, then it lets go mid-turn.

I seem to be using plugin 2.0.0.14 in DEMUL and 2.0.0.31 in Flycast with the latest nightly build (5/14).  I assume my settings in Flycast are correct as I do get feedback, just feels different.

Hopefully that made sense and I'd be willing to provide any info, logs, etc if necessary.  And I hope I don't come off as complaining - I really appreciate what you do for the community and just want to help make the product better.  DEMUL is okay and all, but Flycast is superior in pretty much every way, especially the fact that networking actually works.  I hope to someday set up my own twin cab based on Flycast and this would be a key piece of that.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 01:43:59 am
« Reply #982 on: August 06, 2023, 12:33:57 am »
Love this plugin
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 10:41:03 am by dgrace »

sonik

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2024, 10:52:59 am
« Reply #983 on: August 09, 2023, 10:28:15 am »
Anyone got the plugin working under linux (using wine)?
I'm trying to get Model 2/3 working on steamOS. The emulators runs. But ffb plugin does not work, no log at all. Cant launch the GUI too.

Billkwando

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2024, 10:42:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #984 on: August 25, 2023, 06:51:41 pm »
Is there any way to make the wheel spin back faster after turning in Initial D (8, in my case), when you want the car to go straight? I find I have to manually wind my G29 back because it just kinda weakly meanders back on its own, especially with 540 rotation. Thanks!!!  :D

Just in case this helps clarify, lol:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 07:12:40 pm by Billkwando »
"If you believe you're up against a swordsman who is proficient in the Way, you will lose."-Miyamoto Musashi

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #985 on: August 25, 2023, 07:23:07 pm »
Is there any way to make the wheel spin back faster after turning in Initial D (8, in my case), when you want the car to go straight? I find I have to manually wind my G29 back because it just kinda weakly meanders back on its own, especially with 540 rotation. Thanks!!!  :D

Just in case this helps clarify, lol:

To be brutally honest, I hate to tell you this bro, but you're not going to make your G29 achieve fast turning like how it is in the arcade. The only to way to gain an actual 1:1 arcade wheel experience is to upgrade and purchase a DD wheel. The G29 is an old style gear driven wheel and can only spin around so fast before running into speed limitations because of the gears. Many people have upgraded from those old Logitech wheels to a newer DD wheel and have never been happier. Get a DD wheel. It's TOTALLY worth it mate. You will be more than happy you did and you WILL feel like you're on the arcade cab once you do! :cheers:

Fortunately, they've come down TREMENDOUSLY in price over the last year. In fact Moza *JUST* released a new low-entry DD wheel for cheap!

https://mozaracing.com/product/r5-bundle

Billkwando

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2024, 10:42:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #986 on: August 25, 2023, 08:02:18 pm »
I hear what you're saying, but I would be happy if it spun as fast as it does when it self calibrates when you plug it in, lol. It's not even going that fast. Also, I just dropped $200 on this wheel (and $50 on the shifter) on Prime day and $600 on a GT Omega Titan cockpit, so buying another wheel isn't exactly on my to-do list.  :P

Edit: I wouldn't call $500 (with no clutch pedal or shifter, at that) "cheap", exactly.  ::) Not Frex money tho hahahahah
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 02:36:16 am by Billkwando »
"If you believe you're up against a swordsman who is proficient in the Way, you will lose."-Miyamoto Musashi

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #987 on: August 27, 2023, 08:32:04 pm »
Haha I hear ya. If you just spent that money on a wheel then yeah, doesn't make sense to go spending again on another one.

Yeah $500 may seem expensive, but it's way cheaper than what DD wheels used to cost. I spent $4K USD on my Bodnar 7 years ago lol. Don't regret it one bit though it's great.

kicking1980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 02:38:50 pm
« Reply #988 on: September 07, 2023, 11:17:00 am »
Hey guys. I recently updated my computer and OS to Windows 11. My G920 was a pain to set up again for some reason but it is working. For some reason FFB will not work at all. I have tested a lot of games and with the exception of Windows games that have force feedback in the game, this will not work. When I use the GUI and select my wheel to test, nothing happens, but it also does detect the wheel in the app. Any ideas?

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:49:05 am
« Reply #989 on: September 07, 2023, 03:44:54 pm »
I have two tips:
1 - Never use the G-Hub but the LGS;
2 - There is a specific version of LGS that does not cause problems with the FFB Plugin. I'm at work now and when I get home I'll look at you.

kicking1980

• Offline Offline
« Reply #990 on: September 07, 2023, 03:54:58 pm »
I did make sure G-Hub was uninstalled. Here is the odd thing. I have 2 versions of mame on my computer. The older one has an old version of FFB and that actually works. But the newest version I just downloaded does not work on MAME 249 or any other game.

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #991 on: September 07, 2023, 10:19:50 pm »
Use LGS version 9.02.65 x64 and see if that works.

kicking1980

• Offline Offline
« Reply #992 on: September 08, 2023, 08:36:14 am »
Will I need to uninstall the older version first?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #993 on: September 11, 2023, 03:23:02 am »

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #994 on: September 12, 2023, 08:58:47 am »
Thanks Boomslang! I will test with the latest Logitech Gaming Software driver on the G29.

*EDIT:
I did the test on Windows 10, using the G29 steering wheel: The new FFB plugin update "v2.0.0.34" proved to be incompatible with the latest version of the Logitech Gaming Software driver "9.04.49_x64", but it works perfectly in the " 9.02.65_x64". In any case, I am very grateful.

kicking1980: To install an old version of the LGS driver you need to uninstall the current driver.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 12:11:24 pm by Super-Becker »

totoplay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #995 on: September 13, 2023, 04:40:09 am »
Logitech G920: Force Feedback is OK again, as far as I am concerned it wasn't working since v2.0.0.11 with 3 PCs
Tested with latest Windows 10&11 and latest GHUB (2023.7.448769)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 04:44:12 am by totoplay »

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #996 on: October 26, 2023, 01:07:12 am »
Only in California Speed does force feedback not work for me since MAME version 0.258. In MAME 0.257 backwards works normally. I've tried everything. Does anyone have the same problem? Can anyone help? I will be grateful.

metalgearcol

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2023, 07:24:54 am
« Reply #997 on: October 27, 2023, 11:14:23 am »
Hi all, I am having trouble getting my T300RS working with the plugin with Teknoparrot.  Specifically OR2SP and SR3.  I seem to have tried everything from ensuring the files are in the correct location to using it in alternate mode but nothing happens when in game.  It does however work as expected in the test tool! Could any provide me with any pointers? Thanks in advance for your help.

holmes

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 05:42:06 pm
« Reply #998 on: October 27, 2023, 04:08:27 pm »
In the set-up UI, you can request the generation of a log file to check what happens in the game. Otherwise, also in the set-up UI, there is a help section which gives precise indication on where to place the files. A common mistake for OR2SP is to place the files in Teknoparrot instead of Teknoparrot/Teknoparrot.

metalgearcol

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2023, 07:24:54 am
« Reply #999 on: October 28, 2023, 07:25:25 am »
Thanks - I will take another look at this tonight.  Fingers crossed!