Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FFB Arcade Plugin  (Read 291053 times)

vandale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 06:15:03 am
  • Id 10 and t error
Re: FFB Arcade Plugin
« Reply #840 on: February 22, 2022, 04:09:17 am »
Hm nah it works fine with g-hub

However Logitech drivers are so bad that we constantly have issues with them. But glad ou managed to get it working

Hi. I'm on my 9th twin arcade cabinet conversion and g920/g29 have never worked for me with g-hub and your plugin, win 7, 10, 32bit/64bit etc. I've tried them all. Yes the old logitech software works fine with your plugin but that introduces other bugs like the rotational degrees not saving on cold boot and I have to create scripts to force the logitech service to crash and restart to get the degrees back otherwise all the games steering goes out of calibration. Logitech drivers are just so bad!!

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 07:31:38 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #841 on: February 22, 2022, 09:30:16 am »
I have the Thrustmaster T300 and the Logitech G29. The FFB bug caused by not exiting MAME when switching games happens with both steering wheels. The steering wheel is not centered, it pulls to the left or right to the extreme. The G29 has other types of bugs (not related to FFB or MAME) that the T300 does not: Every time I start windows I have to go to "USB game controllers" and manually calibrate the wheel, otherwise the G29 does not center properly on any emulator or game. Even so, I prefer the G29 app because it allows you to customize and save specific profiles for each game, which is not possible with the T300.

RTR_Alcatraz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2022, 04:19:12 pm
« Reply #842 on: February 22, 2022, 11:35:09 am »
Are there any options for force feedback for Star Wars pod racer?

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #843 on: February 22, 2022, 06:42:40 pm »
Got everything working. I did a fresh install of the mame build from October 2021, made a new ini and everything works great. Ace driver, rave racer and etc now all have FFB. For some reason those Namco racers won't work with ffb in the latest build of mame.

Also ffb will not work if I leave a game in mame and start another game. I have to fully close out mame between each game selection otherwise the plug-in will not work. Not really a big deal considering my goal is to have a front end running to select games but dies anyone else experience this?

I switched back to MAME 237 and almost everything works fine, except with Dirt Dash which doesn't accept the throttle command. I don't remember the last version of MAME to run this game well.

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #844 on: February 22, 2022, 08:31:31 pm »
Hi. I'm on my 9th twin arcade cabinet conversion and g920/g29 have never worked for me with g-hub and your plugin, win 7, 10, 32bit/64bit etc. I've tried them all. Yes the old logitech software works fine with your plugin but that introduces other bugs like the rotational degrees not saving on cold boot and I have to create scripts to force the logitech service to crash and restart to get the degrees back otherwise all the games steering goes out of calibration. Logitech drivers are just so bad!!

Hah, same. I'm using G25's tho. Thankfully i found a way to get the degrees changed with a batfile, though it does involve opening and then taskkill-ing the profiler to get the changes to take.

Got everything working. I did a fresh install of the mame build from October 2021, made a new ini and everything works great. Ace driver, rave racer and etc now all have FFB. For some reason those Namco racers won't work with ffb in the latest build of mame.

Also ffb will not work if I leave a game in mame and start another game. I have to fully close out mame between each game selection otherwise the plug-in will not work. Not really a big deal considering my goal is to have a front end running to select games but dies anyone else experience this?

https://mega.nz/file/sJtSBbjS#V2e_ZtTWeCrJI3cBqaCkwUEokJHRRfWLTAwxabLFiB4

try this, should work with latest mame

Cheers, Boomslang!

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
« Reply #845 on: February 22, 2022, 10:07:42 pm »
I have the Thrustmaster T300 and the Logitech G29. The FFB bug caused by not exiting MAME when switching games happens with both steering wheels. The steering wheel is not centered, it pulls to the left or right to the extreme. The G29 has other types of bugs (not related to FFB or MAME) that the T300 does not: Every time I start windows I have to go to "USB game controllers" and manually calibrate the wheel, otherwise the G29 does not center properly on any emulator or game. Even so, I prefer the G29 app because it allows you to customize and save specific profiles for each game, which is not possible with the T300.

what FFB bug? you mean you have to close game each time before re-opening? not really a bug, plugin just designed to work that way

I always run via bat files here

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #846 on: February 23, 2022, 09:58:01 am »

what FFB bug? you mean you have to close game each time before re-opening? not really a bug, plugin just designed to work that way

I always run via bat files here

It's not that! I meant that, in MAME, when changing the game, it is not enough to close the game and open another one. It is also necessary to close MAME, reopen MAME and open another game. If I don't do it that way I'll have problems with the FFB. It doesn't work or it works buggy. Understood?

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #847 on: February 23, 2022, 07:21:30 pm »
It's not that! I meant that, in MAME, when changing the game, it is not enough to close the game and open another one. It is also necessary to close MAME, reopen MAME and open another game. If I don't do it that way I'll have problems with the FFB. It doesn't work or it works buggy. Understood?

I think that's what he meant. That's what most of us are doing, if using driving cabs, or even just a frontend. You don't load MAME and then pick a game, you set it up so your frontend loads MAME (or any other emulator) directly into a game with the right options, or loads a batfile that does that, then closes the whole thing on command, goes back to the frontend, and starts over for the next game. The more games/emulators/tweaks your system has, the easier it becomes to load everything you want at the time, then close it all, and start clean for the next game.

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #848 on: February 23, 2022, 08:55:45 pm »

I think that's what he meant. That's what most of us are doing, if using driving cabs, or even just a frontend. You don't load MAME and then pick a game, you set it up so your frontend loads MAME (or any other emulator) directly into a game with the right options, or loads a batfile that does that, then closes the whole thing on command, goes back to the frontend, and starts over for the next game. The more games/emulators/tweaks your system has, the easier it becomes to load everything you want at the time, then close it all, and start clean for the next game.

I think I'm late on this question! I know how the frontend works but I don't have the knowledge to configure one. So I change the games manually anyway.

psxmicha

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 04:24:35 pm
« Reply #849 on: March 06, 2022, 05:23:05 pm »
can someone give me step by step tutorial for outrun 2 on teknoparrot please? I have the Thrustmaster T300 RS GT and it doesn't matter where I copy the files I can't ---smurfin--- get it to work. I'm trying since 3 hours now, tried so many different ways.

help would be really really appreciated

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #850 on: March 06, 2022, 09:27:46 pm »
can someone give me step by step tutorial for outrun 2 on teknoparrot please?

Assuming your wheel works fine with other games from the FFB plugin pack...

Unpack the whole FFB OR2 Real or Custom archive into your game folder OR2/jennifer. Run the FFB plugin GUI and select your wheel, edit any settings etc. Use the plugin to test your wheel FFB. Then take the Opengl32.dll and SDL2.dll files from the same OR2/jennifer directory and copy them into the Teknoparrot/Teknoparrot directory. (try copying first, and if that doesn't work then try removing the ones in OR2/jennifer). (Also, I'd make a backup copy of sdl2.dll that's already in the TP/TP directory, just in case). Now load the game as normal.

FFB for all the Lindbergh games works that same way. So ID5, and... IDK what else.

EDIT: sorry, i had one wrong file listed above, should be ok now...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 09:32:23 pm by buttersoft »

psxmicha

• Offline Offline
« Reply #851 on: March 07, 2022, 03:54:58 am »
that's exactly what I did/tried! But when I start the game it crashes immediately :-\ Teknoparrot opens the console window but after 2-3 seconds it just closes

FFB works fine with Sega Rally 3 and other games i've tested

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #852 on: March 07, 2022, 06:15:31 am »
One page back, boomslang talks about renaming Opengl32.dll, i think it s. And my post just after that describes a problem i had as well.

psxmicha

• Offline Offline
« Reply #853 on: March 07, 2022, 11:07:45 am »
oh ffs it finally works! thx a lot man!

force feedback feels weird though

anyone here with the Trustmaster T300 Rs who can recommend some settings?

Frogbull

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2022, 08:26:16 am
  • DAYYYYYYYYTONA!!!
« Reply #854 on: March 13, 2022, 03:19:35 pm »
Thanks a lot Boomslang for your awesome work ! :notworthy:

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #855 on: March 14, 2022, 03:23:20 pm »
oh ffs it finally works! thx a lot man!

force feedback feels weird though

anyone here with the Trustmaster T300 Rs who can recommend some settings?

In the T300 app leave 270 degrees of steering wheel rotation if it's for old games. In the FFB GUI app choose "Alternative FFB". As for the FFB values, it depends on each game.

psxmicha

• Offline Offline
« Reply #856 on: March 16, 2022, 03:21:54 pm »

As for the FFB values, it depends on each game.

yes you're right :) I meant especially for Outrun 2 :)

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #857 on: March 19, 2022, 01:04:35 am »

As for the FFB values, it depends on each game.

yes you're right :) I meant especially for Outrun 2 :)

In the FFB GUI, I leave "Max Force Left" at -80 and "Max Force Right" at 80. In the T300 app I leave 270 Degrees for the steering wheel and other default values.

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #858 on: March 30, 2022, 02:26:46 am »
Hi Boomslang, I've just finished a major upgraded on my personal twin cabinet and installed 50+ twin linked racing games and just want to say that your FFB plugin is awesome and makes the games far more immersive than just a centering spring. Thanks heaps.  :notworthy:

Im looking forward to the next update, fingers crossed it includes Ridge Racer 2 and Rave Racer  :cheers:

mrcrowley666

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2022, 04:16:06 pm
« Reply #859 on: March 30, 2022, 05:29:20 pm »
Hi I recently got a Thrustmaster t248 and have been playing around with Teknoparrot, starting with mario kart arcade dx where FFB works. I am unable to get it working on any of the other games though. I've tried Sega rally 3, Sonic & sega all stars racing and wacky races, plus few others. None of them work with the ffb plugin. I copied the files to the game folders, did the configuration etc. The test shows my ffb works but once in the game nothing. I'm thinking my wheel must not be supported but how to explain why ffb works with MK arcade but none of the others.
Any ideas??

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #860 on: March 30, 2022, 08:39:13 pm »
Hi Boomslang, I've just finished a major upgraded on my personal twin cabinet and installed 50+ twin linked racing games and just want to say that your FFB plugin is awesome and makes the games far more immersive than just a centering spring. Thanks heaps.  :notworthy:

Im looking forward to the next update, fingers crossed it includes Ridge Racer 2 and Rave Racer  :cheers:

Rave racer is already done. Ridge Racer 2 will never be done as it did not have FFB

Rave Racer needs to have ffb enabled in test menu

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #861 on: March 31, 2022, 04:15:52 am »
Im so stupid i was looking in the root directory and forgot all the mame games are in the sub menu.

Question: Does mame have to be named something specific to work or can I leave the rave mame hack named as released?

Thanks

mrcrowley666

• Offline Offline
« Reply #862 on: March 31, 2022, 11:48:31 am »
Ok ffb isn't working on mkadx. Is it just that my t248 isn't supported then?
EDIT: I just found out I get feedbacks if I tick the option "General - Enable Outputs" in TeknoParrot UI Only works for mario kart though.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 01:20:18 pm by mrcrowley666 »

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #863 on: March 31, 2022, 07:39:51 pm »
Im so stupid i was looking in the root directory and forgot all the mame games are in the sub menu.

Question: Does mame have to be named something specific to work or can I leave the rave mame hack named as released?

Thanks

Vandale, you're running this over network using John Bennett's build, i presume? Do you have FFB working? For the life of me i can't make it happen. I've set the FFB motor on in the test menus, but nothing happens. Should anything happen when i turn the FFB test mode on? I see numbers change, but there's no force behind it. There's not another option in another menu i need to go into or something?

I'd love to hear if you get it working, and how!

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #864 on: March 31, 2022, 11:48:18 pm »
Hi, no it doesn't work with the rave linked mame version. Works in normal mame in single player mode. Doesn't work in linked mame, single or twin mode. Ive tried naming it mame64 and also double checked mame.ini OSD settings and in game test menu FF enabled etc. Im guessing the link mame version has different hooks  :dunno
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 11:53:15 pm by vandale »

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #865 on: April 01, 2022, 01:24:15 am »

https://mega.nz/file/sJtSBbjS#V2e_ZtTWeCrJI3cBqaCkwUEokJHRRfWLTAwxabLFiB4

try this, should work with latest mame

I used this for Rave Racer link version and it works intermittently, approx 2 in every 5 boots.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #866 on: April 01, 2022, 06:06:08 am »
I'm not even getting that far :/ I figured it was just me though - i've wasted more than enough of Boomslang's valuable time, so i'm happy to wait and see what happens.

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #867 on: April 02, 2022, 10:42:41 pm »
Hi Boomslang.

I've just installed Sega Racing Classic in my twin, running Nvidia fix and link is working well however the FFB doesnt work. It tests fine in the FFb setup menu, device ID selected etc, placed in the SRC root directory, Ive tried the 2 different SRC versions in your FFB pack, same issue on both linked units. Strange because I have it working fine on many other games. Im using TP to boot.

Is there something Im missing?

Thanks

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #868 on: April 11, 2022, 07:24:01 pm »
Hi Boomslang.

I've just installed Sega Racing Classic in my twin, running Nvidia fix and link is working well however the FFB doesnt work. It tests fine in the FFb setup menu, device ID selected etc, placed in the SRC root directory, Ive tried the 2 different SRC versions in your FFB pack, same issue on both linked units. Strange because I have it working fine on many other games. Im using TP to boot.

Is there something Im missing?

Thanks

Nevermind, I figured it out. Me and my covid infected brain was trying to use the Daytona Championship plugin not the SRC plugin, all working now. Thanks

lee_stow

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2022, 11:34:18 pm
« Reply #869 on: April 24, 2022, 12:25:31 am »
I have a cabinet setup with njz3 vjoy ffb software.  And I'm using boomslangz ffb plugin.  When I play Dirty Driving, it works fantastic, unless I choose one of the mirrored tracks.  Then, it seems to have reversed the ffb feel.  Such as, it pulls right when it should pull left, and vice versa.  Anyone else have this issue?  Could this be a ffb plugin problem, or nj3z software problem?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #870 on: April 24, 2022, 05:22:53 am »
Hm ive never heard that one before.

I dont know much about nzj3 software but wouldnt be difficult to fix in FFB Plugin source code otherwise

lee_stow

• Offline Offline
« Reply #871 on: April 24, 2022, 11:50:02 pm »
I would love it if this could be fixed.  If there is anything I can do to give more info to help track down the problem, then please just ask.  This is one of my favorite games and would love it if we can get it to work fully.

lee_stow

• Offline Offline
« Reply #872 on: April 24, 2022, 11:51:42 pm »
I also have seen someone on YouTube using the ffb plugin for Rush 2049 special edition(not the regular edition), but I can't get it to work.  The regular 2049 works great but not special edition.

mrcrowley666

• Offline Offline
« Reply #873 on: April 25, 2022, 11:49:33 am »
Please support Thrustmaster T248 wheel thanks

lee_stow

• Offline Offline
« Reply #874 on: April 25, 2022, 10:09:33 pm »
I checked with njz3 over on Gamoover forum.  He said that his software shouldn't be causing the issue.  Just wanted to give you an update on that front.

njz3

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 09:38:18 am
« Reply #875 on: April 26, 2022, 05:39:24 am »
@lee_stow: my software only translate direct input ffb commands (like constant force coming from Boomslang's FFB plugin) to your motor, but does not perform any computation based on the game state.
For Dirty Driving, could it be that the value read at the current address in the process memory in the FFB plugin is wrong when the circuit is reversed?

« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 06:04:56 am by njz3 »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #876 on: April 26, 2022, 11:42:14 pm »
yeah ill check it out sometime soonish. It seems a bit weird the values would reverse with mirrored tracks but who knows lol

Toasty833

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:12:27 am
« Reply #877 on: April 28, 2022, 08:30:39 am »
I used this plugin with my old DFGT and it worked great. But I've recently upgraded to an MMos based direct drive wheel, which works fine in other games, but it doesn't play nice with this plugin for some reason. When I hit an effect, that effect seems to just be sticky, and stay on forever unless it's replaced with another one. Like if I run over the grass I get some vibration in my wheel, but when I go back on the track, it persists. This continues to happen even if I quit the game, my wheel will retain the effects until I re-open the GUI, and go to the FFB test option which seems to cancel out the effects. Anyone manage to get something like this to work? I tried a few different settings for the PWM speed but they didn't seem to do anything.

Edit: Switching from mmos to VNM solved the problem, if anyone runs into this in the future that's the way to fix it. Plugin works great now.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 04:24:19 pm by Toasty833 »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #878 on: May 18, 2022, 01:57:15 am »
I checked with njz3 over on Gamoover forum.  He said that his software shouldn't be causing the issue.  Just wanted to give you an update on that front.

Sorry for the delay, I looked at this today and you're right and FFB was reversed on flipped tracks lol

here is new version which should fix this for ya

Thanks for letting me know

lee_stow

• Offline Offline
« Reply #879 on: May 28, 2022, 02:47:35 am »
That's Greta!  Thanks!  You said here it is?  Where is it.  On your GitHub?  Do I have to compile it?

Edit:. Nevermind.  I'm blind.  Lol