Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

FFB Arcade Plugin

<< < (4/208) > >>

Boomslang:
I did ffb for San Francisco Rush on mame and it works pretty well, would some mame games interest you guys?

I would have to do it for a specific build of mame really as the addresses would change with any future versions etc and I dunno if i could be bothered finding them over and over lol

Howard_Casto:
It might be worth it to talk to whoever is in charge of mame atm and see what their thoughts on including some support would be.  I've tried in the past, but they were a bit too picky in regards to the code layout and I lost interest.  I've even got some ancient files for afterburner and a few of the missing sega games.  If it's in mame as an output it can then be handled several ways....  mamehooker could just do it all, or it could simply pass the data along to your plugin, or the plugin could be modified to support outputs. 

Boomslang:
yea id love to modify plugin to support outputs as that would solve me getting ffb data on virtua racing etc and would then support games for future etc.

for san fran rush ive just got a static pointer which works fine but obviously wont work on any other build of mame right now etc.

Is there any source code anywhere on how to recieve the output data from mame?

I could always code a export from plugin for mamehooker to send values too it otherwise, but would require a new mamehooker version

- Edit -

Works on San Francisco Rush: The Rock too, didn't even have to find a new address funny enough. Must use same rom file or something

isamu:

--- Quote from: Boomslang on July 20, 2018, 10:34:12 pm ---I did ffb for San Francisco Rush on mame and it works pretty well, would some mame games interest you guys?

I would have to do it for a specific build of mame really as the addresses would change with any future versions etc and I dunno if i could be bothered finding them over and over lol

--- End quote ---

Having FFB in Rave Racer would make me go from playing it once every couple of weeks to playing everyday  :lol If you can pull that off I'd be eternally grateful!  :notworthy: :cheers:

Hard Drivin', Race Drivin', OutRunners, California Speed and the CruisN games would be cool too.

Boomslang:

--- Quote from: isamu on July 21, 2018, 03:33:36 am ---
--- Quote from: Boomslang on July 20, 2018, 10:34:12 pm ---I did ffb for San Francisco Rush on mame and it works pretty well, would some mame games interest you guys?

--- End quote ---

Having FFB in Rave Racer would make me go from playing it once every couple of weeks to playing everyday  :lol If you can pull that off I'd be eternally grateful!  :notworthy: :cheers:

Hard Drivin', Race Drivin', OutRunners, California Speed and the CruisN games would be cool too.

--- End quote ---

I had a look at Rave Racer but i couldn't actually find an address for it really, there is an option in game settings to turn feedback steering on or off and also a steering motor test etc but i still couldn't find anything that seemed like the real ffb

well not unless hitting walls does nothing in rave racer cos any address i found didn't change when hitting walls etc

but here is San Francisco Rush for a bit of a play with , it will only work on mame 0.199 32bit version

I was just having some fun adding this game as I was curious to try out a mame game

San Francisco Rush or San Francisco Rush The Rock will work

make a seperate folder for it as it will work across any mame game with the way its done, instructions in txt file

also if using a wheel, I suggest turning off wheel deadzone with command -joystick_deadzone 0 and I set my wheel to 270 degrees rotation

Removed attachment, will post new one below

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version