Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Force radion 2004. Boots to MAXX splash screen then Invalid key error  (Read 9403 times)

Sammyboy1976

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2019, 10:22:33 pm
  • If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for
I bought a lot of 6 non working megatouch machines. One is a force radion almost complete except for a HDD.I even have brand new force 2004 software and key for 2004 software. Since it was missing a HDD I used a old pc hdd installed the hdd in my radion and loaded 2004 software. After software finished loading I powered off machine unhooked Rom drive and rebooted machine. It booted up completely to a MAXX splash screen ( MAXX splash screen on a from force software.) And then says INVALID KEY FOR THIS VERSION With a pg and some numbers.I heard somewhere that the older force software had to be on a special merit drive to work. Is this true? If so is there any way to bypass that and let it read any model HDD. any help would be very much appreciated.

orizzle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2020, 07:20:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Make sure the ioboard is connected properly. That's how the system determines force vs maxx. No usb ioboard and it defaults to maxx

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline
Make sure the ioboard is connected properly. That's how the system determines force vs maxx. No usb ioboard and it defaults to maxx
ok I'm about to go check that now. Thanks.

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline
Just tried it no luck. Can force 2004 software be loaded on any hdd?

orizzle

• Offline Offline
Yes. Only XL had the hdd restrictions

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline
Maybe a corrupt hard drive? If so would a disc clean possibly fix this problem? Many thanks

orizzle

• Offline Offline
99.9 percent sure it's the ioboard. Found this from the tech docs

Force
The game displays “MAXX loading” then “invalid key”.
To test whether the I/O board is being detected by the motherboard, turn the game off and put DIP switch 6
(DS6) to the ON position. Turn the game back on. If “Maxx loading” is followed by “invalid key” again,
this would indicate that the motherboard is not detecting the I/O board.

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline
99.9 percent sure it's the ioboard. Found this from the tech docs. I did not boot to Maxx splash screen this time with dip switch 6 in on position. This time it booted to a merit diagnostic screen that says: performing hard drive re-detect. Please reset all dip switches to reset machine. So I reset dip switch 6 and first comes the FORCE screen then it boots up and opens again to the same Megatouch MAXX loading screen the it says: invalid key error for this version PG3002-01 V12.10!!!. My software is force 2004 v.12.10 and my key is SA3068-14. I don't understand what the problem is. Im already bald and I'm still pulling my hair out. Lol

Force
The game displays “MAXX loading” then “invalid key”.
To test whether the I/O board is being detected by the motherboard, turn the game off and put DIP switch 6
(DS6) to the ON position. Turn the game back on. If “Maxx loading” is followed by “invalid key” again,
this would indicate that the motherboard is not detecting the I/O board.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:01:02 pm
Make sure all dip switches are up except dip 3 should be down. You should be getting a error detecting I/O board screen during a reboot if your I/O board is not being detected. If you have the 2004 discs i would try doing a fresh install. It cant hurt. Maybe your hardware configuration file is corrupt.

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline
Make sure all dip switches are up except dip 3 should be down. You should be getting a error detecting I/O board screen during a reboot if your I/O board is not being detected. If you have the 2004 discs i would try doing a fresh install. It cant hurt. Maybe your hardware configuration file is corrupt.
all dip switches set to off except 3, I'm not any I/O board error during boot. I've did a clean install about 6 times but ill try it again. Can I fix my hardware configuration file if it is corrupt?

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
all dip switches set to off except 3, I'm not any I/O board error during boot. I've did a clean install about 6 times but ill try it again. Can I fix my hardware configuration file if it is corrupt?

If you do a clean reinstall, it would wipe all the hardware configuration files. Doesn't make sense. Usually if you reboot without the I/O board you would get that I/O board error long before you get to a any loading screen, be it Force, or Maxx. I am wondering if your 2004 Key took a $hit. The Battery is rated fore 10 years. So it should have died 4 years ago.

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline

If you do a clean reinstall, it would wipe all the hardware configuration files. Doesn't make sense. Usually if you reboot without the I/O board you would get that I/O board error long before you get to a any loading screen, be it Force, or Maxx. I am wondering if your 2004 Key took a $hit. The Battery is rated fore 10 years. So it should have died 4 years ago.
that's the first thing I thought about. I took the ibutton apart and changed the battery. That doesn't mean I did it right though. I'm pretty good at fixing almost anything so I'm about 80% certain I did it right. I guess if I don't find a solution ill just put it in the closet until I can afford to buy a key of death fixed hdd and a matching key

orizzle

• Offline Offline

There was no ioboard not detected error on early Force. It would simply boot as maxx without the ioboard. A dead key would not cause it to boot as maxx because as the splash screen the key is not read yet. At this point, I don't know what's going on.

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline

There was no ioboard not detected error on early Force. It would simply boot as maxx without the ioboard. A dead key would not cause it to boot as maxx because as the splash screen the key is not read yet. At this point, I don't know what's going on.
[/quote loads as a force splash screen then it goes through its boot process and it say initializing touch screen and then the MAXX screen comes on and says loading then invalid key for this version error. I don't get the MAXX screen until the very end. When its first turned on it comes on with a force screen

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline
Ok I unplugged the usb connector from the I/O board to motherboard and rebooted. It booted exactly the same as its been booting. The only diffrence is before I unplugged the I/O 4 solid red lights were lit on the I/O board but when I unplugged usb now only 3 red lights are lit. The usb light went out.

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline
I appreciate everybody's help and patience with this. I lost my butt off on this and I'm just trying to get a few machines working so the hit to my wallet isn't so bad. I bought these 6 machines and a Police Trainer 2 arcade from a guy who does estate sales. He knew nothing about the machines so he got a friend who services coke machines to look at them. Lol. Well the guy misinformed the machine owner on the true condition of these machines. He said with a little love all these machines would work again. All easy fixes. Well 3 of the maxx uprights are missing whole motherboard,I/O board, hard drive and power supply. They essentially are empty cabs with a monitor a wiring harness. The seller is making it right on those 3 machines but I need to get the other 3 megatouches running as well as get the police trainer 2 working. So I really appreciate all the help

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
Ok I unplugged the usb connector from the I/O board to motherboard and rebooted. It booted exactly the same as its been booting. The only diffrence is before I unplugged the I/O 4 solid red lights were lit on the I/O board but when I unplugged usb now only 3 red lights are lit. The usb light went out.

Are you sure you have the USB plugged into the correct usb port on the I/O board. If you have the Square Force I/O board there is two usb ports and a jumper to select which usb port you want to use. You will get 3 lights if the usb cable is plugged into the wrong port.

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline
 :laugh2:

Are you sure you have the USB plugged into the correct usb port on the I/O board. If you have the Square Force I/O board there is two usb ports and a jumper to select which usb port you want to use. You will get 3 lights if the usb cable is plugged into the wrong port.
yes its plugged into the right port and jumper is set right. The board has 4 lit red lights.

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline
@mahkeymike I think you are misunderstanding me when I say MAXX splash screen. This is exactly what my force radion does when I power it on
I turn on power switch
A force splash screen comes up
Machine goes through its entire boot process
The final words on the boot screen are: initializing microtouch driver and the the Megatouch MAXX screen come up like its loading and then a invalid key for this version error pops up. Total process takes about 1 1/2 minutes
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:52:27 pm by Sammyboy1976 »

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
Try another hard drive and key. If you took the ibutton apart and replaced the battery, its dead. The data gets erased as soon as the battery goes dead or is removed.

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline
Try another hard drive and key. If you took the ibutton apart and replaced the battery, its dead. The data gets erased as soon as the battery goes dead or is removed.
I reloaded software and rebooted it and now its stuck on a boot screen saying resetting CMOS. So I powered it off and rebooted it and went into bios and reset cmos and rebooted it again and I'm still stuck at resetting cmos. In ready to scrap this machine lol
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:29:02 pm by Sammyboy1976 »

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
You probably need a new battery on the motherboard. Also, its detecting hardware changes so it will do a reboot loop a few times, unless it does it more then 10 times then there might be something else wrong. I feel your pain. I constantly rip my hair out trying to troubleshoot and repair these dinosaurs.  :banghead:

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline
The motherboard battery is new. The resetting cmos is gone now its back to invalid key for this version. Im so far into these machines almost all of it a loss but you live and you learn. I guess ill buy a hacked drive and key and try that. It doesn't make sense to buy just a key if they are all gonna die sometime soon. Man I hate this but what can I do? If I don't invest in a hacked drive then im really losing on the deal. That Radion is way to big to use on my desk as a paper weight. I think to recoup some of my loss ill turn the 2 stripped out MAXX uprights into touch screen juke boxes. Just a thought. They both have their monitors touchscreen and touch screen controllers they are just missing everything else
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:55:48 pm by Sammyboy1976 »

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
Where are you located? If you want to give up on them, i might take them off your hands. Maybe work out a deal for a trade.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 10:56:03 pm by mahkeymike »

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline
Where are you located? If you want to give up on them, i might take them off your hands. Maybe work out a deal for a trade.
Im located in New Orleans but I'm not giving up. I won't take a loss and I have never met a machine I can fix. I own alot of arcade and I service them all with no problem but megatouch is a whole diffrent beast. Im just frustrated is all. You wouldn't happen to know who sells reasonably priced key of death hacked drives with keys?
  I appreciate all your help. May be willing to trade in the future.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
There's a guy on KLOV that released a 2010 force keyless patch but its detailed and not just a easy fix. There is also a guy that made a video on how bypass a key for 2011 force. Again, not an easy fix. But if you are determined, you might want to look into it.

Good luck.

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline
There's a guy on KLOV that released a 2010 force keyless patch but its detailed and not just a easy fix. There is also a guy that made a video on how bypass a key for 2011 force. Again, not an easy fix. But if you are determined, you might want to look into it.

Good luck.
I'm very determined but I can barely turn my laptop on lol and I've seen the videos of the bypass and its way out of my league. The first time I reset the bios I was scared I would hit the wrong key and crash my computer and my luck probably shut the entire net down for a week. Lol a video just isn't enough info for me to be comfortable attempting it.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline

Good luck.
I'm very determined but I can barely turn my laptop on lol and I've seen the videos of the bypass and its way out of my league. The first time I reset the bios I was scared I would hit the wrong key and crash my computer and my luck probably shut the entire net down for a week. Lol a video just isn't enough info for me to be comfortable attempting it.

Well, i doubt you will find anyone that would illegally send you a hacked hard drive. But who knows. Good luck.

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline

Good luck.

Well, i doubt you will find anyone that would illegally send you a hacked hard drive. But who knows. Good luck.
I'm not looking for a illegal drive. That's not what I was asking. People sell the hacked drive with keys on eBay. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper source. From what I understand but correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not trying to break the law. I got enough problems without stuff like that too. Lol since megatouch is abandon ware its not illegal to hack it if you own a key and I'm sure its not illegal to sell your hacked drive as long as you sell the key as well

orizzle

• Offline Offline
Don't buy the hacked drives. Pisses me off when people crack other people's work then sell it in the name of "helping" someone.   The dude that sells the hacked drives also modifies them so you can't copy his drives so you'll have to buy another one. Kind of ironic if you ask me.

Is your motherboard model p6iwp-fe?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 07:44:57 am by orizzle »

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline

Good luck.

I'm not looking for a illegal drive. That's not what I was asking. People sell the hacked drive with keys on eBay. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper source. From what I understand but correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not trying to break the law. I got enough problems without stuff like that too. Lol since megatouch is abandon ware its not illegal to hack it if you own a key and I'm sure its not illegal to sell your hacked drive as long as you sell the key as well

Back in the cd/dvd days you were allowed to make one copy of a disc you own. By no means were you allowed to legally sell said discs. I am sure there are a lot of other examples, but the point is, that what that guy is doing is very much illegal.

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline
Don't buy the hacked drives. Pisses me off when people crack other people's work then sell it in the name of "helping" someone.   The dude that sells the hacked drives also modifies them so you can't copy his drives so you'll have to buy another one. Kind of ironic if you ask me.

Is your motherboard model p6iwp-fe?
Yes that is my motherboard. If my key turns out to be dead then how do i fix it other than buying a hacked drive and key?if I buy another key off eBay its just going to die too all the keys are going to die eventually. I just don't have the skill or knowledge of computer to do the patch myself so what are my options? None of my friends or anybody I know can do the hack for me. Pay someone else to do the hack for me? That essentially is the same as buying a hacked drive and key. Im just trying to get my machine up and running, if there is a better option in open to trying it.

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline

Good luck.

Oh ok I see what your saying. Well how does someone like me who has no hacking and barely any computer skills fix his machines when the batteries die? I paid for my machines, keys hard drives. I didn't buy them from merit but none the less I paid for them. Are there other options for me that are in the legal spectrum? I'm not here to break the law. Again I really appreciate all your help and patience. Lol Thanks.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
Well, you could just buy a legit key and legit hard drive. There are services available to backup your legit key so in the event the battery dies you have a data backup of the key and just need to replace the battery and reprogram the key. This would be the best option from a legal standpoint.

Sammyboy1976

• Offline Offline
Well, you could just buy a legit key and legit hard drive. There are services available to backup your legit key so in the event the battery dies you have a data backup of the key and just need to replace the battery and reprogram the key. This would be the best option from a legal standpoint.
Sweet I appreciate it. Im still not sure its even the key but who knows

Spank

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2024, 02:11:32 pm
  • I like to help out.
Re: Force radion 2004. Boots to MAXX splash screen then Invalid key error
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2019, 08:03:38 am »
How did you make out?
I didnt notice this thread till now, Force 2003 and 2004 need a special firmware on the drive like the old XL's. Solution is to use 2005 or newer key and drive.