Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Recommendations for a Marquee Light?  (Read 2291 times)

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 09:06:32 pm
Recommendations for a Marquee Light?
« on: July 13, 2018, 01:01:09 pm »
I'm looking for a light to use for my marquee powered off of USB if possible.  I assume LED is the way to go but I need something small (approximately 8" or less).  Obviously the better it diffuses the light the better it will be.  Anyone got an Amazon link or something for me?

Thanks!   :cheers:

jdbailey1206

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2023, 01:32:56 pm
  • No. It's your top score on Pole Position.
Re: Recommendations for a Marquee Light?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 01:29:52 pm »

javeryh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 09:06:32 pm
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 01:50:15 pm »
Lazy bro.

Thanks.  I'm not sure any of those will work though.  It is unclear if they could be set to power on when the power supply is switched on (not sure).  Also, they all seem to have red and green charging indicator lights right on the front, which I would not want lit up behind the marquee.

Didn't think to search "under counter" which helped me get to THIS.

Seems like it could be cut to whatever size I need based on the questions.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 01:57:36 pm by javeryh »

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 03:57:47 pm »
PM me a mailing address and the length you need and if you want 1 strand across, or if you want 2. I have a ton of LEDs like that (I do my own version of the pinstadium lighting) I'll cut them to length and solder the USB tail on it for you.  I also use them to add lighting to other area's of pins.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:28:12 pm by Malenko »
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

JudgeRob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 10:55:50 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149265.120.html
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 05:18:42 pm »
Tons of cheap options available, even just on Amazon.  Here's the first one that popped up for me:

https://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Non-waterproof-Christmas-Decoration-Daylight/dp/B00HSF65MC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1531516275&sr=8-3&keywords=led+light+strip

You can cut them to length.  I assume you have a power supply.  You can get the strips in either 5v or 12v, so whatever you got will work (wall adapter, power supply, ATX, whatever).  What you need to decide is whether you want cool white or warm white.  I went back and forth on mine a bit, but went with the cool white.  You can see them in the last page of my build thread.  I put way too many in at first.  2-4 lengths should be plenty unless you really want it bright.