Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Daytona USA 3 (Championship USA) Test and Service buttons  (Read 5489 times)

ResurrectionHQ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2022, 08:39:50 am
  • I don't need useless and obvious info.
Daytona USA 3 (Championship USA) Test and Service buttons
« on: July 05, 2018, 10:44:33 am »
Hello, this is my first post ever in this forum so please spare me a little if I picked the wrong category to post on.

I got the Daytona Championship USA software for quite a while now, but I kinda want to know where could I find the button for Test and Service, because in Daytona USA on Sega Model 2, I use the Test menu a lot for quick resets for training and stuff like that. Does anybody here have any info about this?

Thanks

EDIT: While waiting for an answer to this question, I went for a little bit digging on the game files of Daytona 3. I found that on one of the .ini file it says: [SYSTEM] Test=13 Service=14. I would guess that while doing hex editing of the .exe, somewhere around in there is the code assigned to the test and service button. That could be a clue to something.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 11:28:11 am by ResurrectionHQ »

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:48:34 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Daytona USA 3 (Championship USA) Test and Service buttons
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 11:18:29 pm »
you kinda need to fill in some more info...

you have software....for what? pc? mame? xbox? sega saturn?

the button for test and service... that's going to depend on the software

I found that on one of the .ini file it says: [SYSTEM] Test=13 Service=14

sooooo windows maybe... let's go with that.... test=13 service=14 sounds like joystick buttons.... pick a button in windows (you can see the button ID's in the joystick calibration screen and find 13 and 14... if you don't have a 13 and 14... try editing the ini to different values of a button you do have (say 8) and see if it works. yay...if not, you can always change it back.

ResurrectionHQ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2022, 08:39:50 am
  • I don't need useless and obvious info.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 06:40:22 am »
you kinda need to fill in some more info...

you have software....for what? pc? mame? xbox? sega saturn?

I do think that someone that tries to answer this question must know about the backstory of the program first before actually answering the question in nonsense term.
SEGA once release an update for the Daytona Championship USA arcade machine. They have it on their website, to which it contains the full game for some reason, and people can just download it on PC. If you don't know what the heck am I talking about, just look up Daytona USA 3 or Championship USA PC on Google or YouTube or something.

Should have done that first before you would even try to ask that I have the software for what platform. What other platform can people play this game on besides PC and Arcade?

pick a button in windows (you can see the button ID's in the joystick calibration screen and find 13 and 14... if you don't have a 13 and 14... try editing the ini to different values of a button you do have (say 8) and see if it works. yay...if not, you can always change it back.

The controls of the game was hard coded, literally patching the program using a hex editor, and not by any setting or such, since this is an arcade game being running on a PC here. I already have doubted that changing to button ID of a joystick is a flop because of 2 things:

1: Already mentioned. The controls of the arcade buttons and stuff is by patching the program and by no means settings.
2: The controls through the patch left the players force to use Xinput method (if you don't know what Xinput is, please consider yourself time to do research before reading this), so using a traditional controllers that would be Dinput wouldn't work (again, if you don't know what Dinput is, research).

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:48:34 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 03:29:36 pm »
I do think that someone that tries to answer this question must know about the backstory of the program first before actually answering the question in nonsense term.
SEGA once release an update for the Daytona Championship USA arcade machine. They have it on their website, to which it contains the full game for some reason, and people can just download it on PC. If you don't know what the heck am I talking about, just look up Daytona USA 3 or Championship USA PC on Google or YouTube or something.

Should have done that first before you would even try to ask that I have the software for what platform. What other platform can people play this game on besides PC and Arcade?

sooooooo... you are aware this is a site dedicated to building your own arcade controls, and as such most of the people here use one of the many dozens and dozens of MAME derivatives to play arcade games. I do think someone who prides themself enough to grind playing the game over and over again to necessitate using the service manu to exit and restart a game, would know that you can literally play any arcade game with many MANY different systems these days... a modified xbox...raspberry pi...ouya...steambox...PC...dreamcast... for instance...as well as the infinite combinations possible with PC's...as well as a just about as infinite supply of game control boards.

you see, I'm not able to peer through the computer screen and see what you are doing, nor can I read minds. I can only go on what you give in your post....which initially....isn't much. For all I know, you are playing this on your smartphone. I gathered from your edit that you must be talking about a windows PC from referencing the .ini file. but looking at your previous info... could have been anything.

no worries, I'll leave you to it. i'm sure you have a handle on things by now.