Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Vga games . Naomi build pc  (Read 3529 times)

G1zm0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2020, 06:57:58 am
  • cute by day, devil by night
Vga games . Naomi build pc
« on: July 07, 2018, 03:14:46 am »
Hi guys.

Ive a cab with a  vga crt monitor. And I want to run games on it that is compatable with the screen. (Non 15k)

Eg Naomi/atomiswave/triforce .
Maby modeler 1,2,3

What other games would have the full benefit of the screen. Was looking for a list.

Also I'm in the market for a old pc that will run demul  at full speed.

I have the ati  radiion sapphire 1 gb gfx card that  I will  use.

Options I found that are cheap are  optiplexes.
3010 i5-3470
7040 i5-6500
7010 i5-3470

All have between 4 to 8 gb ram

Would a i3 be suitable  for emulation .?

So what speed system without being overkill would I need .
And without breaking bank.

Also  what good frontend will  allow you to quit from a game in demul  and select another one . I've had probably with this on launchbox.

Is 6 buttons enough for dreamcast emulation of a cab .

I have a core2duo e8400 in a system. Not try ed this for dc. But probably to old now . It runs mame perfectly
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 04:19:23 am by G1zm0 »

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Re: Vga games . Naomi build pc
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 10:54:54 pm »
Dreamcast has an analog stick and analog triggers, the only non-RPG, non-kiddy Dreamcast games really playable with arcade controls are Dreamcast ports of arcade games that you could just be playing the original versions of.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

G1zm0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 05:03:08 pm »
It is not dream cast it's going to be naomi  atomiswave ect.
The control is via ultimate 360 stick.

But looking for pc

XSFDriver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2023, 11:02:22 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 10:00:16 am »
My son and I played "Ringout 4x4" at an arcade years ago, and he loved it, and because we had heaps of games at home emulated in one way or another, he said "wouldn't it be cool if WE had Ringout 4x4 at home to play"..... so I went off on a tangent trying to get it going on a PC at home for him... did all the research on that it run a "Sega Naomi" board and after heaps of trial and error, got it playable via "Demul", although I never got the sound quite right.

It's a 1 to 4 player game... not exactly sure if this is the type of game you're looking for, but a pretty cool game anyway.

...or how about "Dragon's Lair" or "Space Ace" with the "Daphne" emulator?...

...once again, not sure if this is what you're after, but if it's any help, I had them all running on an old "single core" processor (about 2.4Ghz) with only about 1Gb ram, maybe 2, Windows XP.
Let me know if I'm on the right track   ??? ;D

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 12:01:11 pm »
Dreamcast has an analog stick and analog triggers, the only non-RPG, non-kiddy Dreamcast games really playable with arcade controls are Dreamcast ports of arcade games that you could just be playing the original versions of.

Let me help you down off your high horse; the good Dreamcast emulators are also Naomi emulators and have the same hardware requirements.

To OP, a mid level i5 with a good video card is all you need. I have an OLD TKw4rrior i5 with a GT250 slim video card and it runs naomi2 stuff just fine.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

G1zm0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 07:25:44 pm »
Thanks guys . For help

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 10:52:31 pm »

Let me help you down off your high horse; the good Dreamcast emulators are also Naomi emulators and have the same hardware requirements.

To OP, a mid level i5 with a good video card is all you need. I have an OLD TKw4rrior i5 with a GT250 slim video card and it runs naomi2 stuff just fine.

Great to know. I was not aware that Naomi and Dreamcast were using the same emulator, just that Dreamcast itself was basically too analog to mess with.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.