Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mamehooker and MAME .199, stopped workin'  (Read 1840 times)

fedexin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 08, 2021, 12:06:46 pm
Mamehooker and MAME .199, stopped workin'
« on: July 05, 2018, 11:30:56 am »
Hi All, I just upgraded to MAME .199, and decided to take the opportunity to go with a fresh install of all my mame cabinet software. I know that's a risky move to begin with, but I live life on the edge ;)

For the life of me I cannot get mamehooker 5.1 to smell what MAME is outputting, or even test if the paths are set up correctly. I've read the relevant threads to my situation (Win 10 64-bit, running everything in Admin mode, I had a known working display file and INI's, etc) and I seem to remember to be able to test the paths' correctness using the mamehooker test console, entering "lds gamenamehere" and the gamename I entered would appear. Can anyone offer some more debugging tests or guidance? Thanks in advance!

fedexin

• Offline Offline
Re: Mamehooker and MAME .199, stopped workin'
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 11:31:36 am »
Also let me clarify, I'm using MH to display marquees on a second screen!

fedexin

• Offline Offline
Re: Mamehooker and MAME .199, stopped workin'
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 02:42:21 pm »
SOLVED by adding

#
# OSD OUTPUT OPTIONS
#
output                    windows

to my mame.ini file.  Sticky threads FTW