Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Looking for Haruman's Degenatron Art Template  (Read 4556 times)

CobraX83

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2019, 05:29:01 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Looking for Haruman's Degenatron Art Template
« on: July 03, 2018, 01:28:59 am »
Hello everyone,

I was curious if anyone happened to have a PSD template for Haruman's awesome single player Degenatron kit that he sells.

I bought one a while back and finally got around to starting to build it and would love to make some artwork for it. I tried reaching out in another thread but not sure how active it is and I know he gets very busy. I also am not sure if he would even have a PSD as he is mainly into making the kits I believe.

I am mainly looking for the sideart, cpo, admin area under the cpo and marquee.....if one exists for the back door too that would be awesome!

Either way thank you to anyone that can assist me !!!  :)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 01:30:58 am by CobraX83 »

CobraX83

• Offline Offline
Re: Looking for Haruman's Degenatron Art Template
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 09:41:05 pm »
After looking around and waiting for a response back no luck )= so far....If anyone can make a template for the marquee that would be awesome. I was able to piece together some templates posted a while back and will need to do a test print to see if they are the correct ones but the marquee is something I have not come across.

Thank you to anyone that can help!!!

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 10:28:13 pm »
Sorry about not responding to the PM the other Day - I found the side template you talked about in the thread and it also had the Control Panel template posted a couple posts ( posts 405 and 407 in the thread ) so figure you probably have those already -

For the Marquee - It's just a rectangular box so if you have the dimensions (for the entire length and the amount that shows after installing the brackets ) It should be easy to create a template ( In Photoshop just open a 300 DPI image the size of the marquee - then use rulers to layout the dimension of the inner area that is visible (not covered by the brackets) and you have your template !
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 10:33:07 pm by JDFan »

CobraX83

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 11:36:27 pm »
Ahh thanks for the response back bud and yes I am using the side templates and the control panel that you posted in the thread....thank you for those. I have been creating my own custom Space Ace artwork and will do a test run sometime soon to make sure they fit.

As for the marquee...brackets are one of the last things I need so I have not got a chance to measure the live space yet. I will try and get the dimensions and make the template how you explained. I am alright at creating the artwork from premade templates and have yet to try and create one but I will end up giving it a shot. Thank you again and I assume it would be the same thing for the admin panel which houses the 3 buttons below the cpo....I will have to give it a shot after I get everything else together. If anyone reading this happens to have one made or can whip one up for the marquee and or cpo that would be MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! Thanks again JDFan!

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:33:13 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 06:16:35 am »
You can create side art but you can't draw a rectangle? What am I missing here? The marquee is a rectangle.

CobraX83

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 09:05:28 am »
I know it is a rectangle Mike....thanks for your help  ;)

I was explaining that I have actually never had to make a template... so that part is new to me. I always just worked off a established one. I assumed with such a nice kit, an open source one too and one that seems popular with a lot of people it would have a marquee template floating around. I have made plenty of more intricate things in my life....created Attract Mode themes that have been shared with A LOT of people etc....but this is just something I have yet to try although I am always learning (=

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 11:02:51 am »
So you are saying you can't make a rectangle.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 11:09:02 am »
 :laugh2:

CobraX83

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 11:14:10 am »
Mike A I came to the forums for help on a certain thing I have not had experience in...I have never had to create a template since someone typically creates one and shares it with the community etc..... so I did not know where to start. I bought the bartop to assemble....I did not know I would have to create the templates from scratch though, please excuse me  :P

JDFan has been helpful though so I will try and follow what he told me to do. Thanks!

*** EDIT *** JDFan thanks again for the explanation. I simply took the control panel overlay as a test and enabled the ruler option in PS.....copied a portion of it real quick that is roughly the size of the marquee and created a new layer....I will get the exact measurements later but I think I should be all set now, thanks again! (=
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 11:38:12 am by CobraX83 »

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 11:35:57 am »
I am definitely missing something. Sorry dude.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 11:42:07 am by Mike A »

CobraX83

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 11:50:44 am »
Mike A I was not being sarcastic to other members or trying to be funny....I was simply asking about something I have not personally had to create up until now. I did however realize how it is done thanks to another member being helpful and steering me in the right direction. The template is finished and I am off to work on some more custom themes I have been creating for my bartop, thanks!  :) ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 12:07:51 pm by CobraX83 »

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 11:16:38 pm »
 :dunno

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 11:26:38 pm »
copied a portion of it real quick that is roughly the size of the marquee and created a new layer....I will get the exact measurements later but I think I should be all set now, thanks again! (=

CTRL+N put the measurements in inches and the DPI at 300 ; its not rocket surgery
see attached:
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

CobraX83

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2018, 12:02:18 pm »
Thank you for the tip Malenko. I was able to make the marquee and even a template for the back door yesterday with no issues and got it all squared away. I know it is a very easy task as well that I was asking about (= ....thanks again for the tip!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 12:18:29 pm by CobraX83 »

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2018, 02:08:56 pm »
It is just vexing that you "know how to use photoshop" but didnt know the very first step in making an image in photoshop. I'd didnt mean to come of coarse, I was just baffled.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

CobraX83

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 11:59:52 am »
Well I am used to making Attract Mode themes for the Raspberry Pi / PC which requires a 1080p canvas so I never really had the need to mess with other measurements etc....since I am assembling my own custom made bartop I realized making a template with specific measurements for the artwork was something I never messed with..... since I am used to working with full on 1080p + images. Thanks again and ya....lol....its super simple and I was just overthinking it. Thank you again (= and I will be sure to post my machine when I am finished  :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 12:01:59 pm by CobraX83 »