Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GroovyMAME 32x no vsync  (Read 2464 times)

filevans

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2023, 12:00:22 pm
GroovyMAME 32x no vsync
« on: July 02, 2018, 02:30:46 pm »
Hello all,

I'm getting jerky scrolling on 32x as though vsync not on,  (games launched from command line) (Genesis USA NTSC)

It is selecting the right refresh rate, 60hz. Has anyone else noticing any jerky scrolling on it? (Try pitfall and zaxxon) Vsync is working on MAME  games OK. Might there be another setting I need to put on?

Thanks to all
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 03:21:06 pm by filevans »

Sledge

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2022, 05:22:55 am
Re: GroovyMAME 32x no vsync
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 01:54:46 am »
This is in Groovymame?
You'll need to supply a log file if you think there's an issue..
Pretty sure you've been told this before..

filevans

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 08:18:21 am »
This is in Groovymame?
You'll need to supply a log file if you think there's an issue..
Pretty sure you've been told this before..

Well I clearly wrote "GROOVYMAME" in the title and posted it in the groovyMAME section, then you ask if it's groovyMAME, so maybe learn to read yourself? Instead of being arrogant?

And I didn't say there was an "issue" I asked if there might be any settings I need to change, and was trying to gain feedback from others FIRST to see if others noticed jerky scrolling. As if there's a problem with the emulator itself  then a log would be irrelevant! So instead of making inane unhelpful posts then leave to someone thoughtful, helpful and who can read

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 08:38:32 am »
Please slow down and think for a minute, man. Most of us on here are happy to try and help. But it's a ton easier for you to post a log file than for all the back and forth that happened last thread. Can i ask where you downloaded 1.2 from, btw? We might be able to ask them to link to 2.0

Have you tried everything in this guide (noting that some parts are out of date, like the stretching options) - http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/viewtopic.php?id=290 ?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 08:43:38 am by buttersoft »

filevans

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 10:38:48 am »
Please slow down and think for a minute, man. Most of us on here are happy to try and help. But it's a ton easier for you to post a log file than for all the back and forth that happened last thread. Can i ask where you downloaded 1.2 from, btw? We might be able to ask them to link to 2.0

Have you tried everything in this guide (noting that some parts are out of date, like the stretching options) - http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/viewtopic.php?id=290 ?

In the last thread the log file nor the driver had absolutely nothing to do with resolving the problem so is completely irrelevant! It was the range line, and also the executable needed to be set to administrator!!

And about the driver (although not relevant to solving the problem I had anyway!) The very first result in internet search gives this result which looks like the driver homepage:

mame.3feetunder.com/windows-ati-crt-emudriver/

And there is nothing here anywhere about 2.0 so was not my fault. And I have only just recently started using win7 64bit and didn't know I had to set to administrator for the generated mode lines to work and this isn't mentioned in the guide (nor anywhere else that I've seen)

I just wondered if anyone else had found 32x a bit jerky (on the games I mentioned) as maybe it's normal
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 10:41:39 am by filevans »

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 10:56:21 am »
Let's try GroovyMAME. Open a cmd box with Administrator rights. GroovyMAME requires administrator rights for updating video timings when using legacy cards.

From here: http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1020#p1020

In the last thread the log file nor the driver had absolutely nothing to do with resolving the problem so is completely irrelevant!

No way. I figured the issue was due to admin rights by comparing your logs and discarding other things based on them.

The problem here is that too often you guys judge whether a log is relevant or not, when I have stated until exhaustion that I DO NOT WANT to troubleshoot issues without a log because it's a waste of my time.

Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:37:55 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 11:01:17 am »
Generally, if you want help from someone, it is a good idea to accommodate their reasonable requests.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 12:21:40 pm »
Generally, if you want help from someone, it is a good idea to accommodate their reasonable requests.

You need to stop picking on the newbs.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 12:28:27 pm »
I am kind of surprised. I haven't been bullied for my perceived bullying in a few days. Nobody has called me any names. I don't feel special anymore.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 02:04:42 pm »
The only difference between you and I , is that I know how to weld. :* <3
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 02:06:35 pm »
Dammit.

krick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2023, 08:30:27 pm
  • Gotta have blue hair.
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 02:53:48 pm »
And about the driver (although not relevant to solving the problem I had anyway!) The very first result in internet search gives this result which looks like the driver homepage:

http://mame.3feetunder.com/windows-ati-crt-emudriver/

And there is nothing here anywhere about 2.0 so was not my fault.

That was my fault.  I didn't update my mirror page to include the notice at the top about CRT Emudriver 1.2 being obsolete.  I just synced up the page.

Frankly, I'm not sure there's a reason to even offer version 1.2 anymore.  People should stop using Windows XP.
As far as I know, XP no longer offers any advantage over Windows 7 with regards to CRT Emudriver and GroovyMAME.
Hantarex Polo 15KHz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 2GB (GCN)
GroovyMAME 0.197.017h_d3d9ex
CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 13 (Crimson 16.2.1 for GCN cards)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.8GHz
ASUS Z87M-PLUS Motherboard

Paradroid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 04:41:43 am
    • SCART Hunter
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 04:39:18 pm »
As if there's a problem with the emulator itself  then a log would be irrelevant! So instead of making inane unhelpful posts then leave to someone thoughtful, helpful and who can read

Dude, keep some perspective here: this whole project is a labor of love (including the support people are offering you). Your choice of words has made me wince several times... they're not in line with affable vibe most people here try to uphold.

People that have been here more than 5 mins have seen it all before and aren't asking these questions just to frustrate you. Think about it: if you're not an expert in the software, you're not in a position to judge the relevance of people's line of questioning.

Spitballing ideas is all part of finding a solution for you...
My MAME/SCART/CRT blog: SCART Hunter