Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cash flow 330 references series  (Read 2766 times)

G1zm0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2020, 06:57:58 am
  • cute by day, devil by night
Cash flow 330 references series
« on: June 22, 2018, 03:31:09 pm »
Anyone got any advice on how to wire this up for mame .

It was connected to a hopper and coin sorter that was separate

I have loaded pics from manua,about wiring

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Cash flow 330 references series
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 09:11:07 pm »
you can't. this acceptor is programmed to communicate with the hopper sorter.

you'd have to change the interface board and reprogram the acceptor firmware for a pulse interface board. (standard 212 or 312)

what they charge for the board and programming, you may as well buy a proper 330 with the correct interface.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 09:12:55 pm by lilshawn »

G1zm0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 04:39:36 pm »
Ah OK.  Thank's

I have a s5r (I think it is) coin mech as well.  Can that be set to run on mame.

With the  front faceplate . What other mech would work with it. 
Would like one I can just fit into it without having to modify where it goes
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 05:51:29 pm by G1zm0 »

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 11:52:04 pm »
the SR5 is a 5 inch mech that has really fallen out of favor. you MAY be able to have it programmed for what you need, but it really depends on it's current configuration, as some configurations are reprogrammable and others not...coin controls programming is a little odd... while some options were permanently set and cannot be changed (ordered from the factory configured as so) some options are freely programmable... while still other options came set (from factory)...and could be changed to another option... but never changed back again. it's a real pain in the butt.

the bezel... some of the 330's have a weird custom bezel that it snaps into that will only work on a 330 and no other. there is a version of the 330 that fits in a standard arcade style over/under door mechanisim. that said, the front bezel size itself is pretty standard. you should be able to get a 3 inch "coin controls" type faceplate to fit the spot just fine. then you can get a 3 inch coin controls, comestero, or NRI coin mech to snap right in. a full set new will probably run you 200 buckazoids depending.

failing that, some cheap, inexpensive mechs from china actually work fairly decently. we have had pretty good luck with reliability on them. so if you only need one type of coin accepted...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Advanced-Electronic-CPU-Coin-Selector-Acceptor-mech-Sorter-for-Arcade-Game-AF/292298810403?hash=item440e5de423:g:eF4AAOSwwPBavjDi

or like so if you need multiple coins accepted...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Multi-Coin-Accept-Electronic-Roll-Down-Selector-Machine-Vending-Mech-Arcade-Game/142673503442?hash=item213800e4d2:g:IKoAAOSwLgNacHWI

either one can be had for under 20 buckazoids.

G1zm0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 09:40:22 am »
Thanks for info lilshawn.

How do I find out what configuration  the sr5 has . All I see is the harness and a block with wires .

If I can't get one that I can swap as is  I will try get top loader . As one I got coin slides down a small 2 inch faceplate.

Maby get the multi coin one you gave link for.  Does this one   can it be set for any coins . Or does it need the actual coin like the other one

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 01:44:51 pm »
you can't really tell without hooking it up to a programmer and seeing what it's config is. The main issue is that Coin controls got bought out by another company (NRI) and pretty much eliminated the SR series of mechs in order to push their own line.

the software used to program the SR3/SR5 mechs is all subscription based, machine tied, and time limited (one year subscriptions). As a consequence, the software has died off and no longer works without a renewal key (can be easily bypassed though) but since NRI basically killed the SR series... so no new coin profiles are available to be downloaded to program the mechs with. although, with enough coin samples... new coins can be "learned" into some of the mechs. (SR3 for sure, not 100% on the SR5 but likely.) again, this is all done through the programming software. it's not ideal, but it's certainly a workaround. so yes, you can kind of change/reprogram... but not really.

the mechanisims I linked either work with a "sample coin" (one coin is installed and is used to compare the inserted coin to) while the other more expensive one can be "learned" with coins (i think up to 4 different coins) where you insert several of the type of coin you wish to accept and program how many "credit pulses" that coin gives on insertion.

as for the SR5, if you take a look at this document, you should be able to figure out how to power it up and check to see how it's programmed to pulse (if at all it may be programmed to communicate directly with a CPU via cctalk only) but may be programmed to pulse out the parallel interface. (page 14)

http://slot-tech.com/interesting_stuff/money%20controls/TSP010%20SR5%20Technical%20Manual%20V5.8.pdf

you will have to ground out or connect to power (-) all the accept lines (10, 13-19) so that it will accept the coins... if it is utilizing the parallel connection it will be bringing pins 2,4,6,7,9 low to indicate the appropriate coins have been inserted.

the easiest way to hook this up would be to decide which coin you want to accept say 25 cent coin on line 4 (pin 9) you would hook this wire up to your mame interface for coins and then lift out all the accept lines disconnected except for inhibit 4 (pin 10)... that way it will accept your quarters, but reject all others.

it's a bit complicated, but once you have it done, it's not something you will ever have to mess with again.

the mechanisms I linked are much simpler, requiring only 3 wires... power positive and negative and the coin line itself hooked up.

G1zm0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 01:36:43 pm »
Cool. Thanks. So I just group all wires together except the coin inhibitors.  And ground them.
How about power to the mech . ?

Can I add all the  coin inhibitor wires together and add to mame?

The routing plug. Do I need that .

I have also ordered 2 of the  multi coin acceptor's that u kinked to. But if I can get the sr5 to work then I won't need to figure out how to convert the cabinet to take it.

It has a custom coin entry hole

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 10:58:37 pm »
I think you are confusing things a little. you have some kind of controller input device yeah? (like a ipac or something along those lines)

one of those lines will need to be designated the input for coin. you then wire the output of your acceptor to that line.

the problem is, your sr5 is likely (and maybe hopefully) using "parallel mode type 1 output" which has a separate output for each and every coin (8 total)... while this is much faster from a vending standpoint, it's not particularly useful in a videogame credit system like mame since we only have 1 or 2 inputs for coins (usually)

but you can still make it work, you just need to isolate the coin you wish to use.... and the line in which it switches to indicate the coins insertion...and allow that coin.

one of the other types of programming which work better for this type of installation is type 3, which uses a single line for several types of coins such as 1 time for a 5 cent... 2 times for 10 cents, 5 times for 25 cents, and so on and so forth it's slower, but give it greater flexibility.

the second more expensive acceptor I linked is set up this way... you just have to choose your minimum coin value and it pulses in multiples of that coin. so if you wanted for example to accept 0.25, 1.00, and 2.00 coins, you set it up:

0.25 - 1 pulse
1.00 - 4 pulses
2.00 - 8 pulses

in any case, the acceptor needs to be powered with 12v and that's basically it. You can steal power from the black and yellow wires on a computer power supply... or use an external power adapter If you use an external adapter, (power brick/wall wart) be sure to attach the negative power lead of the adapter, to the negative of the computer to tie them together, otherwise when the coin acceptor switches to indicate a coin, the computer can't see it becasue the acceptor switches "low" or the negative voltage. if not shared...can't see it.

for the SR5 and say coin #1...

power (+) - pin 11 (power 12v)
power (-) - pin 12 (also tied to computer negative or chassis)
coin line  - pin 4 to ipac coin switch input

connect to power (-) 10,13,14,16,17,18,19

this essentially accepts coin1 (whatever it's programmed as) and rejects all others regardless if it's a programmed coin or not.

but you will have to see what it's currently programmed as to find out what coin line 1 to 8 you want. usually the label on the front has some idea what's in there, but it may have been changed since it was applied.

BUT, this is all for nothing if the acceptor was programmed to speak directly with a machine via cctalk. it does not output coin switches, it communicates the coin status directly through a serial connection to a CPU.

G1zm0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 01:31:29 am »
Thanks. It's not connected via cc talk.  From the harness every  pin is populated (think one or two isnt). It goes straight to the board that throws up 003 error.

I have mini USB hid ultimate one.  And will program it for coin input.
I was on about connecting all the inhibit wires (I didn't know it couldn't be done) so when I put in any value of coin it would recognise it . 10p,20p.50p and £1 coin denominations.  Use it as a piggy bank .

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 01:42:38 am »
oh, yes i see. that's fine.

yes, to accept, the inhibit lines must be connected to (-) to be accepted. if they are left open flapping in the breeze, they will be "inhibited" IE: not accepted. it's kind of backwards... but whatever.

G1zm0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 07:31:19 pm »
Thanks. I will try this when I get day off. Gonna try connect to ipac to test