Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: actlab users who have a marquee second screen  (Read 1550 times)

tony.silveira

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:24:34 pm
    • my baby
actlab users who have a marquee second screen
« on: June 19, 2018, 01:34:55 am »

hi all,

hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has a marquee monitor and uses actlab lightguns.

i am just about done with my cabinet!  the last bit i am working on is getting my actlab lightguns to play nice with HyperMarquee.

the issue is that the lightguns react poorly when there are two screens on.  it’s as if the guns are seeing the TOTAL resolution of both screens as one screen.

now if i deactivate my marquee screen, the guns become accurate again on my main screen.  i am using a script in rocketlauncher to turn off the second screen when a lightgun game starts.  but when i do this, HM moves to my main screen.  upon activating the second screen, HM is still on the primary screen.

so just a few questions to you all if i may:

1. is there anyway to force HM from jumping to another screen if the screen it is on is disabled?

2. i’m thinking in my script (using DisplayFusion to manage monitor activation/deactivation), if when i disable monitor 2 at lightgun game start, i quit HM FIRST, then disable the screen.  at game exit, i would enable the second screen and then restart HM.  my question, if HS is already running, how might you think HM would behave with a quit and restart?  would it start up again correctly on the correct monitor?

thank you so much for your time!

nexusmtz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
Re: actlab users who have a marquee second screen
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 02:35:38 am »
Existing windows have to be somewhere, so they have to move to an active screen.

If your script is an Autohotkey script, you might want to Winhide HM, deactivate the monitor, play the game, activate the monitor, then winmove HM back to its old position/size and winshow it.