Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ArcadeVGA Windows 10 install problem  (Read 4516 times)

brentj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 04, 2018, 12:04:47 am
ArcadeVGA Windows 10 install problem
« on: June 17, 2018, 09:11:34 am »
I got it working on XP a few years ago but was trying to move it to a windows 10 install. I did see the page where they list all the drivers to download. This is the 3000 card version  with the DVI port on top. I tried again and again and try different utilities to make sure all ATI drivers were deleted first. I’m using a PC monitor through the DVI port on the card during install but no matter what I do it it seems like catalyst installation package does not find the card. I cannot see the card and the device manager either

Are there any windows 10 specific tricks for this type of situation you’ve uncovered? I spent several hours on this with no luck.

Is the 5000 version of the card likely to be any different? Does 5000 come with a disk that has any different type of installer? For this card I don’t think I got a disk  i think they just told me to get them online

If the 5000 goes into the same size PCI slot...

I have updated the bios and drivers

Thanks if anyone has any tricks!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 09:29:44 am by brentj »

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 09:44:54 pm
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: ArcadeVGA Windows 10 install problem
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 10:44:27 pm »
It seems like every month or two someone posts this question or one very similar. The answer ,sadly, is that if google can't help, you should contact Andy at Ultimarc, who is known for good customer service. But no one has ever posted back with results after this. It would be nice if there was a definite fix.

Do not get an AVGA5000. Crt_emudriver is much better, cheaper, faster, more powerful and easier to set up. In your case, however, it may be a case of setting things up over again if you change - I'm not sure.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/87668-A-guide-to-connecting-your-Windows-PC-to-an-SD-CRT-TV-PVM-or-Arcade-Monitor

IKARI

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2018, 02:13:53 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 02:04:50 am »
Hi

so if I want to install the ArcadeVga 5000 on win 7 is it ok?

TOMMYGUN

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2021, 04:44:53 am
  • When the time comes you will know

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 08:22:40 pm »
Hi

Should be, but I believe Ultimarc claims the drivers work on Win 10 as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course. In the main the AVGA's do what they are designed to do, but like i said, every month or so someone posts up on here that they can't get one working, and then they never post back with later success, save i think one guy who gave up and went the crt_emudriver route. I don't even know if any of them are contacting Andy at Ultimarc - I really hope they're smart enough to take that advice, Andy supports the stuff he makes.

The crt_emudriver route is everything i said it was above, and also far more transparent and with better documentation, not to mention an entire community willing to provide support, even if it's internet forum support :)

GroovyMAME subforum on here is the place to ask for advice on crt_emudriver.
Downloads and info are here - http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/viewforum.php?id=7

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 08:29:37 pm by buttersoft »

brentj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 04, 2018, 12:04:47 am
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 10:17:18 pm »
Thank you; GREAT resource article!  At least it looks it so far.

I just ordered a used i7 with Radeon card and will try the emu driver approach for something new...

It seems like every month or two someone posts this question or one very similar. The answer ,sadly, is that if google can't help, you should contact Andy at Ultimarc, who is known for good customer service. But no one has ever posted back with results after this. It would be nice if there was a definite fix.

Do not get an AVGA5000. Crt_emudriver is much better, cheaper, faster, more powerful and easier to set up. In your case, however, it may be a case of setting things up over again if you change - I'm not sure.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/87668-A-guide-to-connecting-your-Windows-PC-to-an-SD-CRT-TV-PVM-or-Arcade-Monitor

IKARI

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2018, 02:13:53 am
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 02:32:35 am »
Hi

Should be, but I believe Ultimarc claims the drivers work on Win 10 as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course. In the main the AVGA's do what they are designed to do, but like i said, every month or so someone posts up on here that they can't get one working, and then they never post back with later success, save i think one guy who gave up and went the crt_emudriver route. I don't even know if any of them are contacting Andy at Ultimarc - I really hope they're smart enough to take that advice, Andy supports the stuff he makes.

The crt_emudriver route is everything i said it was above, and also far more transparent and with better documentation, not to mention an entire community willing to provide support, even if it's internet forum support :)

GroovyMAME subforum on here is the place to ask for advice on crt_emudriver.
Downloads and info are here - http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/viewforum.php?id=7

Thanks for the info men.

NiggelMyNiggel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2018, 07:09:53 pm
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 08:54:16 pm »
I know thos post is a little old but i thought I would add to it since I just went through this and it might help somebody in the future. I got the arcade VGA 5000 to work with no trouble on my Windows 10 computer. However it was the third computer I tried. The first computer would not display an image at all. The second computer would work some of the time but at other times would show the blue screen of death. I have a friend who works on graphics cards and I asked for his help. He said that some computers have a bios that is incompatible with this card and it's just the luck of the draw weather a individual computer is going to work with the card or not. I can say for my experience that once I found the right computer everything went smoothly with Windows 10. I did contact the guys that sell the arcade VGA 5000 and they were pretty helpful. The arcade VGA 5000 comes with a disc with all the drivers on it.
My computer is working fine with my 15 kilohertz BVM monitor. Now I am having trouble getting retroarch to work the way i want with my monitor. I am trying to use the switch res function in retroarch and having some trouble. But this is due to my lack of knowledge most likely, not the VGA card or my monitor.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 07:22:06 pm »
I have a friend who works on graphics cards and I asked for his help. He said that some computers have a bios that is incompatible with this card and it's just the luck of the draw weather a individual computer is going to work with the card or not.

Interesting. How did he come to that conclusion, can you tell us more? Which motherboards didn't work for you, and which one did?