Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Found this at the dump...  (Read 4392 times)

shaolindrunkard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
Found this at the dump...
« on: June 13, 2018, 08:56:38 pm »
Turns on but I get a violet colored screen and no sound. Also I don't have a key to open it, so I'm guessing I might have to drill the lock? Its actually not in terrible shape. Already working on another project so I don't have a ton of time to mess with this right now. But I just couldn't leave it to be demolished. Do they actually sell replacement underlays for the glass on these?

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
Re: Found this at the dump...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 09:29:53 pm »
Nice get. That'll be a good one for restoration.  I'm not sure if the underlay is available anywhere, but it doesn't look too bad to try to fix with some touch-up paint.

You don't need to drill the lock, just pick it!  It's super easy.  I did this on a BVM tv that had cam locks on the access panels. Ended up searching on youtube how to pick a cam lock and it turned out a success.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 10:10:28 pm »
Nice get. That'll be a good one for restoration.  I'm not sure if the underlay is available anywhere, but it doesn't look too bad to try to fix with some touch-up paint.

You don't need to drill the lock, just pick it!  It's super easy.  I did this on a BVM tv that had cam locks on the access panels. Ended up searching on youtube how to pick a cam lock and it turned out a success.

Hmm, great advice! Thanks!

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:51:33 pm
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 12:36:30 am »
Love the graphics!

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 07:56:10 am »
good save. Fun game, never saw the cocktail version before. I really like the artwork on it.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 08:23:58 am »
good save. Fun game, never saw the cocktail version before. I really like the artwork on it.

Yeah, me too. Its a little rough under the glass, its too bad they don't sell, replacement underlays. Looks like it might be silk screened to the glass? Guess if I decide to restore it, I would have to hand paint touch ups.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:45:20 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 08:44:03 am »
Cocktail cabs are cool, but they take up the floor space of like 4 regular cabs. I have two of them and they wreak havoc with my arcade room layout.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 08:57:49 am »
Cocktail cabs are cool, but they take up the floor space of like 4 regular cabs. I have two of them and they wreak havoc with my arcade room layout.

I don't own any dedicated cabs, so that's not really a concern for me.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 12:46:13 pm »
A good glass guy can polish the scratches off the top of that glass, but make sure he lays it on clean painters paper first so not to mess up the art any more... Nice score friend. ;)

cw

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 07:18:37 pm
  • Game over man game over
    • The Cab
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 07:17:13 pm »
what a great find!

and a great save!

congrats!!!

:applaud:

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 07:44:15 pm »
what a great find!

and a great save!

congrats!!!

:applaud:

Thanks!

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 07:44:49 pm »
A good glass guy can polish the scratches off the top of that glass, but make sure he lays it on clean painters paper first so not to mess up the art any more... Nice score friend. ;)

Good to know, I was wondering if that was possible, thanks for the advice!

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 11:36:54 pm »
Taito stuff is in demand enough that you could probably easily trade that straight across for something working all the way.

I would coat the underside of the glass with a couple coats of paint so no more of the silk screening comes off.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 11:47:59 pm »
Good to, know although I don't know who I would trade with. But I might try to get it working first anyway, just to see if I can... Good advice on the glass...

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 12:28:01 pm »
Good to, know although I don't know who I would trade with. But I might try to get it working first anyway, just to see if I can... Good advice on the glass...
Find the facebook arcade related group for your area and post it there.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 01:27:41 pm »
*Jenn lights a Lucky, and contemplates*.... You know I been thinking, that art isn't as bad as one might think, And you should scan it before you do anything as cheap insurance, Basically draw a pencil grid on the top and scan it in 7" sections and scan at 300dpi. That way you not only have options in case of mishap but you could stich the scans back together in P/s and put that art back on new glass, (which most likely easy to replace.).

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 05:21:12 pm »
I thought it was Pall Malls.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 05:31:28 pm »
I thought it was Pall Malls.

Definitely,  I recognized the pack. It's what gave my uncle cancer.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 05:33:20 pm »
I couldn't tell from the pic if they were the poison generic filters or the original nonfilter widowmakers.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 01:05:04 pm »
well if you guys MUST know.... I prefer Luckys, but they are not cheap, so I only get a pack once in awhile, they don't have a filter this is true, but they smoke really nice as a result with a fine tobacco and easy draw, Winston and Camel too are quite enjoyable, and not quite as expensive and sometimes they even have discount sales Winston in particular because they use no additives making for a fine pleasurable experience, Old gold is historically speaking a generic smoke but sold today as premium and is quite harsh and not worth the extra money, And Pall Mall they are just my fall back buy a couple cartons and fill a giant bowl with them and give them to the kids, (of legal smoking age of course) And every year Jenn grows a few plants out back just for fun.... Criminalizing and taxing cigarettes to the point nobody buys them, Is something  I never could have envisioned in my lifetime, because now they have to legalize the dope for revenue. :-\

luizw81

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2022, 12:39:36 pm
  • I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2018, 01:30:22 pm »
Criminalizing and taxing cigarettes to the point nobody buys them, Is something  I never could have envisioned in my lifetime, because now they have to legalize the dope for revenue. :-\

Being born and raised in rural North Carolina, tobacco capital of the US by a mile, this is a sentiment  I hear all too often. Lol

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Tapatalk

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2018, 02:07:07 pm »
Criminalizing and taxing cigarettes to the point nobody buys them, Is something  I never could have envisioned in my lifetime, because now they have to legalize the dope for revenue. :-\

Being born and raised in rural North Carolina, tobacco capital of the US by a mile, this is a sentiment  I hear all too often. Lol

OMG, how dreamy, a old farm truck rumbling down main street on its way to the auction barns just before dark.... That and strawberry wine ;D.

luizw81

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2022, 12:39:36 pm
  • I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2018, 10:20:55 pm »

OMG, how dreamy, a old farm truck rumbling down main street on its way to the auction barns just before dark.... That and strawberry wine ;D.
I spent my fair share of days in auction barns and many a night washing tobacco gum out my hair.  Not too sure about strawberry wine but my granddad made the smoothest apple shine you ever tasted.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2018, 12:22:18 am »

I spent my fair share of days in auction barns and many a night washing tobacco gum out my hair.  Not too sure about strawberry wine but my granddad made the smoothest apple shine you ever tasted.

Well if nobody's going to say it I will....Thank You for some the best tobacco ever grown, (Bet you do hear that much) and heres to thinking of your granddad. :cheers:

Electroguy1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2018, 05:05:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2018, 03:56:33 pm »
Just fyi--  that cocktail is the standard Taito cab for coctails.  I have a QIX exactly the same.  Artwork the same.  Its very sturdy, however the CPs arent very mod worthy.  I thnk i even have 3 or 4 jungle hunt pcbs laying around..

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:01:54 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2018, 04:24:40 pm »
I've had a few Taito cocktails.  I immediately get rid of them.  Still a cool dump find.