Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need for speed Carbon Nos and coin buttons dont work  (Read 1861 times)

sergeantpain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2018, 12:20:57 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Need for speed Carbon Nos and coin buttons dont work
« on: June 11, 2018, 03:37:20 pm »
I have a need for speed Carbon that everything boots up perfectly. Original problem was it had a dead Ram stick which i removed and now it boots right up. Issue I am having now is the only button that works is the start button. I once in awhile am allowed to give credits but it gives credits like 2-5 at a time. I cannot hit the red service button to get into service mode. Some times when I press the service button inside it gives credits. Nos, View, music change buttons never work. Start button always works. I have been able to play the game a few times without those functions. I am trying to see what I Could do to trouble shoot this issue. I was leaning twords the nytric IO board but, It would be strange that it was so intermittent. usually those work or they don't.  Does anyone have one of these for sale or one I could use to test?

Ryan ODocharty

vandale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 06:15:03 am
  • Id 10 and t error
Re: Need for speed Carbon Nos and coin buttons dont work
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 04:56:29 pm »
Have you traced the wiring to the i/o board and checked continuity, also checked that the button press is actually completing the circuit? Also check where the loom connects to the board for corrosion, dry joints etc.

If all that is fine then its pointing towards the board  :'(