Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Issue with spinner and 720  (Read 1681 times)

martin35

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 09:55:29 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Issue with spinner and 720
« on: June 11, 2018, 10:28:10 am »
Hello Guys

I’m experiencing a problem with the spinner and 720 on my mame cabinet.

I use to run my cabinet with an old dual Core processor from around 2008 running MAme 181 and everything was running great until it dies last week. As a backup I’ve installed an even older Pentium4 with Mame 141. It works ok but I have a problem with 720. The spinner work but I’m only able to spin the skateboard 180deg at a time, there is nothing in between. I wonder if it’s mame version issue and if so, which is the oldest mame version without that issue ?

Hopefully there is a 720 guru out there able to help me

Thanks for the help

Martin

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:34:49 pm
Re: Issue with spinner and 720
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 01:41:05 pm »
At some point they changed the way the controls are handled in MAME.  How do you have it set in game configuration?  I have a youtube video on the various control settings in MAME if you need help with it. 

martin35

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 01:51:25 pm »
Great. I will look at it tonight

Thanks a lot

Martin

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 06:06:18 pm »
Also it will never be RIGHT, without the RIGHT controller. The right controller has a special encoder setup so that one spin of the wheel is always one spin of the skater and whichever way you face the handle the skater faces that way.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

martin35

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 06:28:21 am »
Thank you Darthmarino, your video is very informative. I've did some test yesterday and it looks like I have a rom VS Mame version issue. Stangely I cannot open 720 directly with mame( I got a missing rom error message) but it works thru Maximus....

Like I said it works but when I push Tab I have a really limited menu where I cannot change the controler type. I've tried with different rom version with the same result.

I will probably wait to have a better PC to reinstall a more recent mame version unless you have another suggestion

Thank you your help

Martin

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 12:38:54 pm »
720 has been working in mame for like 17 years, latest version is not going to be your fix.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

martin35

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 02:34:24 pm »
Interesting, I will try to dig a little deeper.

Thanks

Martin