Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Horizontal width of a Philips TV with Anubis A chassis  (Read 2204 times)

ckong

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2020, 06:48:09 pm
  • Retro Games forever!
Horizontal width of a Philips TV with Anubis A chassis
« on: June 06, 2018, 09:09:27 am »
I have this Philips 21PT166A RGB TV which has an Anubis A chassis and I have been able so set vertical width, centering etc. but not horizontal width. I can't find a pot on the chassis that will do that and the service manual doesn't mention it either. Is there really no way to adjust horizontal width on an Anubis A chassis?

Paradroid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 04:41:43 am
    • SCART Hunter
Re: Horizontal width of a Philips TV with Anubis A chassis
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 08:28:10 pm »
Is there really no way to adjust horizontal width on an Anubis A chassis?

I recently RGB modified an Anubis-S AA. Picture is excellent but there are limited chassis controls. Definitely no width adjustment.

I'm using GroovyMAME so I just adjusted the monitor specs to set the width.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

My MAME/SCART/CRT blog: SCART Hunter

princess prin prin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:49:04 pm
  • intrinsically safe
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 09:17:08 pm »
That's normal. There is no horizontal size adjustment available on most chassis for 90° tubes (14-21").

ckong

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2020, 06:48:09 pm
  • Retro Games forever!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 04:18:02 am »

I'm using GroovyMAME so I just adjusted the monitor specs to set the width.[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180607

That's a good idea, could you share your monitor specs (modeline I guess to use in VMM)?

BTW, I found a kind of workaround, adjusted the voltage pot a bit which decreased the horizontal width to match the screen. Doing this I also lost some vertical height, but not much. However, I think your method is the way to go.

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2024, 03:20:27 am
  • retro maniac
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 06:11:49 am »
My Thomson that I used long time ago also didn't have horizontal size control. Sadly I had to use custom modelines. After a while with Sony Trinitron I decides to fully switch to custom modelines and I'm happy now. Right now I have to control horizontal size and in some cases (games with 256 lines and 55Hz refresh rate) I have to use also v-slope option. Right now I'm working on such conditions to remove such option.