Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade Aquarium  (Read 21870 times)

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:43:45 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
Re: Arcade Aquarium
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2018, 12:55:12 pm »
I am pretty sure this is it. I can't remember if the name is the same, but it looks classier in this Google pic than it did 20 years ago.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2018, 01:30:25 pm »
lol great pic... I know the place. Never went in it though.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2018, 01:14:38 pm »
She loved those fish. That is the main reason I am nervous about moving them.

Just so you have a face to go with the story. This is my favorite picture of her, probably because she hated it.

Christina Marie Aberle
She was 37 years old when she died of a heart attack. The autopsy found nothing.

I apologize if I am oversharing. I want everyone I ever meet to know what the world is missing.
She was kind to everyone and always spoke her mind. She was independent, but also accepted help graciously.
I can't put together words into sentences that adequately describe the luminous human being that she was.

While I may not care for your digital persona, I think I would like the analog version of you. Sorry you had to endure so much

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2018, 02:22:14 pm »
Thanks Lew. I appreciate that. If you are ever in the neighborhood I will definitely buy you a beer or three.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2018, 02:36:54 pm »
Analog Mike is a great dude. He’s pretty genuine. You may not like his digital person, but he’s not faking it either - which I respect more than anything.

10 months, Mike! 10 months!!!
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2018, 04:46:57 pm »
---fudgesicle--- yeah. Let me know when the date is concrete and I will book my room.

jdbailey1206

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2023, 01:32:56 pm
  • No. It's your top score on Pole Position.
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2018, 07:43:05 am »
While I may not care for your digital persona, I think I would like the analog version of you. Sorry you had to endure so much

I think its easier to get along with someone in person.  I don't think sarcasm translates well in the digital world which leads to ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow--- internet fights.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2018, 08:08:56 am »
I agree. If I don't like something I say I don't like it. I also use a lot of sarcasm. I do that in real life too. If someone takes themselves so seriously that they can't take a joke I don't want to hang out with them. I have a few college friends that freakin' hated me when they met me. Once they figured out that I would give them the shirt off my back, they are some of my closest friends to this day. They got used to the fact that there is no ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow--- with me. Especially now with the people I have lost, life is too fleeting to give a rats ass if someone doesn't like my honest opinion.

I do try to moderate my responses when someone makes it clear they have decided on a certain course with their build. If someone tells me to back off I will respect that. It doesn't do anyone any good if I offer input that is unwanted. I will screw with someone that wants to be a jerk about it though.

I respect Lew's opinion. I think he is coming from a place of honesty. Although I don't think I am the bully he makes me out to be. I really care about this stuff and I have strong opinions. This is the only social media platform I contribute to.

I would definitely sit down with Lew and toss back a few beers or some good bourbon. I can hang out with people I disagree with any time.

It is dishonesty I cannot stand. I have no time for people who try to play a character online. You people know who you are. And everyone else knows too.

Ian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2018, 10:47:31 am »
Although I don't think I am the bully he makes me out to be. I really care about this stuff and I have strong opinions. This is the only social media platform I contribute to.

Eh, it's the f*n internet. Mike gives it and he takes it too like a champ. He doesn't run and hide and most important to me is that he is consistent, and I appreciate that type of approach.

I am still waiting for this damn Arcade Aquarium.  :dunno This Thread should be re-titled "An intimate portrait of an intimate man: The Mike A story"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:46:46 pm by Ian »
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2018, 10:54:32 am »
Lew is the best!

I don't like your tough guy attitude on this site. You may not think it, or do it intentionally, but you pick on n00bs and then circle jerk with the other cronies. Gets old. If I didn't know better, I'd guess Mike A. was just an alternate logon you use.

He then later said he never accused me of picking on n00bs in the same conversation.
I don't respect Lew,his opinion, or his baseless accusations. He can #sand.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2018, 11:09:35 am »
It is a little odd how we keep getting lumped together.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2018, 11:12:55 am »
It is a little odd how we keep getting lumped together.

I'm ok with it, you rock.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2018, 11:16:19 am »
Right back at you. :cheers:

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2018, 11:38:29 am »
I have my aquarium stand built. I have everything I need to build the 100 gallon sump. I just need the time to actually drain the aquarium, shovel out all of the gravel, move the tank, set up the sump, fill the tank, and reintroduce the fish to their tank. This week I am building a bass guitar speaker cabinet for my son's birthday. Hopefully I will have time this weekend for the fish relocation.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2018, 07:04:11 pm »
Lew is the best!

I don't like your tough guy attitude on this site. You may not think it, or do it intentionally, but you pick on n00bs and then circle jerk with the other cronies. Gets old. If I didn't know better, I'd guess Mike A. was just an alternate logon you use.

He then later said he never accused me of picking on n00bs in the same conversation.
I don't respect Lew,his opinion, or his baseless accusations. He can #sand.

Nice job dick'n up the thread.

For the record, what you posted was a private PM that you initiated because I was hurting your feelings or something. Not sure what the point of bringing our private conversation into the forum. Bad form. And there is a part of that conversation you conveniently omitted.

Actually, I don't hate you. I think you're just fine.

I do think you're just fine. You may not like it when I call you out for being ...ahem... passionate, about other peoples arcade cabinets, but I still think you're alright.

Also this:
Yeah, that never happened.

You say you don't drink, but you are acting drunky.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2018, 07:12:44 pm »
Out of respect for this thread, can you create a new thread if you still have feelings?  ::)

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2018, 08:58:52 pm »
Out of respect for this thread, can you create a new thread if you still have feelings?  ::)

nope #sand (that's pound , not hashtag!)

Here's the full conversation.

Actually, I don't hate you. I think you're just fine.

I made fun of Haze for posting like a --cream-filled twinkie-- . Haze isnt a newb. Its fine to hate me, I dont give a ---fudgesicle--- , but pretending you dont is a dick move. Im not Steve I dont have multiple logins.

Pretty please with sugar on top , link me to a thread where I picked on a noob.

I'm not searching for threads where I think you were being a jerk. I've seen it enough. Besides, you'll just write it off as being honest or something.

Sorry, if anything I like you. Go to bed, you're drunk.

Im straight edge, I dont drink :)

You cant find any posts, because they dont exist, and if they do they are likely 4+ years old.
Isnt it super easy to just accuse people of ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- then not have to prove it?  You've seen it enough so it shouldnt be hard to find, just click my name, then my post history, hell search my username in a section and find em that way.

If you cant prove it, dont accuse me of it.

I could flip this and ask you to prove to me where I accused you of it. You won't find anything.

Besides, even if you did find something, I would tell you that I was being a straight shooter and you are being a over-sensitive pansy who needs a safe space. See how this works?

So you start the ball by saying you don't like that I pick on newbs. Then at the end you say "prove to me where I accused you of it" even though your first reply accuses me of it.  Instead of even attempting to have a  glimmer of a conversation you immediate dismiss anything that differs from your opinion as me writing it off. That not how dialog works.

So please feel free to ---fudgesicle--- off until you can either prove I went around picking on all the "n00bs" or until you retract your asinine accusation.
Its also quite childish to constantly say someone is drunk. My dad was an alcoholic , my uncle got killed by a drunk driver.  I dont drink for a reason bean bag.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2018, 09:00:32 pm »
And I posted the PM because you said it in public before, but like you I couldn't be assed enough to find it.

But here's the thread where you said I don't post because I can't critisize. This was your first dig at me accusing me of being a bully . So kindly pound sand.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,152746.msg1599316.html#msg1599316
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 09:14:01 pm by Malenko »

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2018, 09:50:59 pm »
This is very bad form Malenko. And, if you're going to post a private PM, post all of it.

You started the conversation with this:
I never put 2 and 2 together that you hated me. I thought it was just friendly ribbing, but then it dawned on me, you have some kind of chip on your shoulder.

I've read plenty of his posts Mike, and unfortunately, plenty of yours. I'm guessing you aren't as big of a weenie in real life, but who knows. You're kinda like a Malenko sidekick or something.

go ---fudgesicle--- yourself and leave me out of your posts. keeping it in PMs cause I dont really wanna do it in public.

You don't want to do it public huh? Oh, geez...

You really don't see the irony in taking offense at me calling you out for what I think you are, but it's ok for you to call people out for what you think they are? You want a safe space, gold star, or whatever thing it is you say to justify being a jerk? Would that make you feel better? Here you go:

No offense intended on the drinking thing. If I had remembered you don't drink, I would have suggested that you needed a beer or three.

I'm going to bed. If you have some more emotional baggage you want to unload, save it till the morning. I'd prefer just be done with it, but as you can see by the IM's - you're not real good at letting it go.   

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2018, 09:57:02 pm »
I have my aquarium stand built. I have everything I need to build the 100 gallon sump. I just need the time to actually drain the aquarium, shovel out all of the gravel, move the tank, set up the sump, fill the tank, and reintroduce the fish to their tank. This week I am building a bass guitar speaker cabinet for my son's birthday. Hopefully I will have time this weekend for the fish relocation.
I would be interested in some pics from the bass c as b build  :cheers:

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2018, 10:19:53 pm »
This is very bad form Malenko. And, if you're going to post a private PM, post all of it.

I posted all I had, I dont keep sent messages. I thought it was obvious what you first posted was a reply to something I sent you.   This is going in circles anyway.

You really don't see the irony in taking offense at me calling you out for what I think you are, but it's ok for you to call people out for what you think they are? You want a safe space, gold star, or whatever thing it is you say to justify being a jerk?
I believe this is the source of our disconnect. You accused me of something and I asked you to back it up, something you've never done. You are allowed to call me out all you want, but it doesnt hurt to ya know, have proof , right?   I however don't call people out on "what they are" , well other than X2 who obviously needs help. I don't pick on people but I did used to give feedback on projects. Then this place changed and every single piece of feedback given that wasnt gold stars and candy bars was taken as an attack for some reason.  I stopped posting and then you implied I didnt post because all I did was thrash "n00bs".

TL;DR You talked ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- without proof, I never talked ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- on n00bs.

Mike, sorry to ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- all over this thread.   

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:58:22 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2018, 11:15:23 pm »
In before the thread lock

:hissy

Ian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2018, 11:21:27 pm »
---gosh-darn--- children. Go to bed already.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2018, 06:41:02 am »
So you start the ball by saying you don't like that I pick on newbs. Then at the end you say "prove to me where I accused you of it" even though your first reply accuses me of it.  Instead of even attempting to have a  glimmer of a conversation you immediate dismiss anything that differs from your opinion as me writing it off. That not how dialog works.

So please feel free to ---fudgesicle--- off until you can either prove I went around picking on all the "n00bs" or until you retract your asinine accusation.
Its also quite childish to constantly say someone is drunk. My dad was an alcoholic , my uncle got killed by a drunk driver.  I dont drink for a reason bean bag.

I see how you're confused. You think because I won't go searching through the threads to find you being a jerk to someone is the same as you not being a jerk. We've played this game. I've pointed it out and your canned response is that you're not picking on anyone, you're telling it how it is and you're sick of the gold-stars-for-everyone and safe spaces mentality.

Many of your threads have been post helled. Heck, I think you even brag about your post helled threads. My point is, there is no reason for me to find the threads where you are doing all the things I'm saying because you dismiss them. You don't see it, even though we've had plenty of new people feel jumped.

Just in this thread you posted PM's and got caught not providing all the context, and both of those things are not a cool move.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2018, 06:58:29 am »
Still in circles we go.

I never said I wasn't a jerk. I said I didn't troll noobs. I can only supply a canned answer because I don't know the specifics of the posts you taken issue with.

My point is I haven't dismissed anything, you havn't shown anything worth dismissing.  Even when I did post criticisms on projects threads it was always about the project and never about the poster.

Anyways, I tap, you win.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2018, 07:02:59 am »
No one won. Only losers here...

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2018, 07:13:21 am »
I like pancakes.

jdbailey1206

• Offline Offline
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2018, 07:28:50 am »
I like pancakes.

Oh my god Mike.  I can't believe you sometimes.  How in the hell can you like pancakes?  Only normal people like waffles.  This is why I can't be on this forum anymore.  People have an opinion that they shouldn't share.  To me liking pancakes is akin to eating acid.  How could you? 

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2018, 07:47:05 am »
Waffles are for ---Bad words, bad words, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when saint censors you?---. Go pound sand tire kicker.

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2022, 06:36:45 pm
  • I effed with the wrong person!
    • No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2018, 07:54:55 am »
Mike's success continues to inspire!

Lew used to be an enabler. I wonder what happened? Finally realized why he was getting up with fleas?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 10:41:45 am by DrakeTungsten »
No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2018, 08:56:55 am »
Just in this thread you posted PM's and got caught not providing all the context, and both of those things are not a cool move.

While I did provide the full context, I do agree it was a dick move of me to post a private message. For that I do apologize. I have sent you one more PM hopefully to clear the air , it doesn't really merit a reply.  I wash my hands of this and plan to just move forward.  Posting it was quite cathartic, so there is that.

Waffles? The Chinese have a word for people who like waffles. Baizuo.

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2018, 09:01:30 am »
I like waffles and pancakes. Fight me

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2018, 09:03:34 am »
Blasphemer.

jdbailey1206

• Offline Offline
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2018, 09:19:24 am »
The Chinese have a word for people who like waffles. Baizuo.

I believe the word you are looking for is WASP.  Now please be so kind as to retire to the kitchen and prepare my brunch of waffles and pancakes.   :laugh2:

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2018, 09:21:15 am »
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2018, 09:56:33 am »

This guy gets it too! Mike has touched so many lives!

jdbailey1206

• Offline Offline
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2018, 10:40:44 am »
This guy gets it too! Mike has touched so many lives!

Mike has touched me in many ways...

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2018, 10:44:10 am »
Although I don't think I am the bully he makes me out to be. I really care about this stuff and I have strong opinions. This is the only social media platform I contribute to.

Eh, it's the f*n internet. Mike gives it and he takes it too like a champ. He doesn't run and hide
Now *this* guy knows funny!

Take a peek at the "location" field in Mike's profile. It says "Behind yots' skirt"
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 11:05:39 am by DrakeTungsten »

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2018, 11:11:13 am »

Eh, it's the f*n internet. Mike gives it and he takes it too like a champ. He doesn't run and hide
Now *this* guy knows funny!

Take a peek at the "location" field in Mike's profile. It says "Behind yots' skirt"
**Jennifer sits all wide eyed.... Slowly munching a pop tart. :o

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2018, 11:14:20 am »
It's all in fun, Jennifer. If they couldn't take it like champs, then I would refrain from participating.