Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Aimtrak - swaps to player 2  (Read 2496 times)

Topfox124

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2018, 01:21:33 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Aimtrak - swaps to player 2
« on: June 06, 2018, 10:27:33 pm »
All,

Have been having issues with my aimtrak since I got it. If I have the regular mouse plugged in, the Aimtrak when playing games inside Mame always thinks it’s player 2. Even if I go into the utility and mark it as ID 1. The only way I can get it to show up as player 1 is if I unplug the mouse, and reboot the machine, then plug the mouse back in.

In addition, when playing a game the aimtrak seems to work for the first minute, then the crosshairs goes to the center of the screen and when pulling the triggers I just hear a Windows singing noise.

Any ideas?

I turned off sticky keys in the Windows OS to rule that out, as well as disabled calibration through pulling the triggger on the light gun.

Could use some help. I only have 1 lightgun, and am running Windows 10.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Aimtrak - swaps to player 2
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 06:25:39 am »
Your ID swaps are caused by USB IS assignment in windows.
You can fix them in MAME using the instructions on their site.

As for the other problem are you running in window mode? Otherwise maybe background apps?

Topfox124

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 09:35:26 am »
I tried doing the CTRL file from the instructions, but everytime Inpointed to it mame would no longer launch, so I removed it.

How do I validate Window Mode?  Sorry new to this. My system is using Hyperspin and Rocketlauncher, so i don’t see my desktop. However if I do close out of Hyperspin, I don’t find any open warning windows or anything like that on the windows desktop.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 10:53:36 am »
I tried doing the CTRL file from the instructions, but everytime Inpointed to it mame would no longer launch, so I removed it.

How do I validate Window Mode?  Sorry new to this. My system is using Hyperspin and Rocketlauncher, so i don’t see my desktop. However if I do close out of Hyperspin, I don’t find any open warning windows or anything like that on the windows desktop.

Regarding the ID issue look here:
http://docs.mamedev.org/advanced/devicemap.html

You will be able to see a border etc if you are in window mode so I assume thats not the issue?

The other possibility is what do you have your AT buttons set as?
Are they windows control buttons like shift/ctrl etc?

dougan78

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 21, 2023, 10:19:44 pm
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 01:37:19 pm »
I will add this,  you will want the gun as mouse0.  Some emulators only use mouse0.  So if you are planning on more than just mame for gun games I highly recommend you get it on mouse 0. 

There are tools out there to clear out all usb devices.  I don’t have them off hand but if it were me I would:

Unplug all usb devices
Clear out usb devices with a tool
Power off pc.
I would plug only the gun in and plug it into a separate usb header
Power on and setup gun and test in emulators
Then plug in mouse

I don’t have mouse mapping problems this way with my guns and mouse.

Device map will get the gun assigned properly in mame however like I said if you want daphne or actionmax games those afaik only work with mouse0, maybe others..

Good luck

Topfox124

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 02:54:04 pm »
I got the ID mapping portion working, so now I don't get switched to player 2.  However I still have the second issue.  I did narrow it down to it happen when I end up in a reload scenario, like with Area 51.  I run out of bullets, shoot off screen to reload, and I just hear the windows ding.  even hitting the actual buttons I can't get it to reload or give me control of the cursor again.  It just sits in the middle of the screen when it finally reappears.

Topfox124

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 03:19:22 pm »
I get it now. Yes it was totally the windowed/bezels.  Changed my system Lightguns category to be bezelles and now my reload problem is gone.

Thanks everyone!

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 03:36:28 pm »
Glad you are sorted :)