Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WG 75xx power cord question  (Read 1399 times)

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
WG 75xx power cord question
« on: June 04, 2018, 01:42:51 pm »
Hi all,

I have a WG7500 that is missing the power cord.  From what I understand it will work with or without an ISO transformer since it has one built in.  So I can connect it to a grounded outlet, in my case it will be temporary while I work on it with a TPG.

I grabbed the pic below from the following topic:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=562.0

My question, I'm rewiring it to a 3 prong cord, and I know that the middle pin is the ground, but where do the neutral (white) and hot (black) wires go on the connector?  I'm assuming it doesn't matter when connected to an ISO, but since I'm plugging it into the wall for testing purposes, I'm sure it matters.

The schematics here say pin 1 is the black wire (hot) and pin 3 is the white wire (neutral).  I need to take a look again, but can I assume pin 1 is on the left when looking at the chassis from behind?

Thanks in advance!

DeL

Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:55:20 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: WG 75xx power cord question
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 02:48:55 pm »
as shown on your pic...

Live on the left (with the fuse) ground in the middle and neutral on the right.

you always want the live wire on the fuse so the chassis doesn't stay "hot" in case of fault and the fuse blows.

From what I understand it will work with or without an ISO transformer since it has one built in. 

not exactly.

on the old monitors like the k7000 the regulator must stay isolated or it blows up...

on the 7400,7500 series a switch mode power supply is used instead as the main B+ so it can be powered directly from mains.