Main > Consoles

Intellivision has got something new planned!

<< < (3/7) > >>

wp34:

--- Quote from: Hoopz on January 05, 2021, 11:19:14 am ---

--- Quote from: wp34 on January 05, 2021, 10:56:19 am ---Same here.  We are past family gaming in our house with only one adult child left.  If they had released this 10 years ago I would have been a lot more interested.

--- End quote ---

To clarify, you have more than one adult child left.  They just aren't living in your house.   :D

--- End quote ---

That is correct!

--- Quote from: Hoopz on January 05, 2021, 11:19:14 am ---
I'm curious if they'll allow their software developers to port their games to mobile devices?  I'd bet they have a contract with them for X period of time then they can release them elsewhere.  Dunno.

To be honest, I'd would pay $250 to be able to play one player Sea Battle vs an AI opponent.  I only threw in the sports games to make me look like less of a dork.   :laugh:

--- End quote ---

I think you are right about the games being ported to other devices.  That makes a lot of sense particularly at the price-point they will be selling the games for.

I'm the same with Sea Battle and Utopia.  Would love 1-player versions of those games.

Howard_Casto:
Dear god folks this thing has been circling the drain for 3 years now.  It's garbage, just like the recently released Atari VCS, which is a pc without games and without the ability to put a video card.... which might be useful for GAMING, inside it.  I will repeat this for the millionth time.... if a new console is coming out and it doesn't have Microsoft, Nintendo or Sony branding.... do NOT buy that console as it's d.o.a. already.  This isn't the 80's.... third party companies can't just enter the gaming market on a whim.... it takes massive amounts of time and money even for a budget console and then it has to be either powerful enough or novel enough to get game developers to take a risk on making anything more than a glorified mini game and you need several developers to make a decent launch lineup.  This console doesn't have a single solitary thing going for it.  Hell the rumor is the hardware and OS aren't even finalized yet. 

cw:
https://intellivision.com/

its not that terrible....

nitrogen_widget:
so it's a snap dragon SOC with custom android.
i went down that road with the ouya.

and while i and the kids genuinely enjoyed playing games on it, most ended up on steam anyways.
$250 pre-order at game stop.
games look cool but we have plenty of indy type couch games to play off steam.

gamestop also has the atari VCS without controllers for $300.
it's got more potential.

Howard_Casto:

--- Quote from: nitrogen_widget on July 28, 2021, 08:11:26 pm ---gamestop also has the atari VCS without controllers for $300.
it's got more potential.

--- End quote ---

Or you know, you could add another 50 to 100 dollars to that and buy an actual games console with actual games available for it.  Sometimes I don't understand why you guys want to make things more difficult than they are.   buy a switch, a ps4 or a xbox one.... hell buy a wii u, 360 or ps3.... you'll have way more games available and the experience is going to be so much better.   All those indie titles get released on real consoles as well people, which is why any third party console that specializes in low end games but still has a high price tag is redundant and stupid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version