Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultrastik, Windows 10 and monitor sleeping  (Read 1187 times)

acidim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2018, 09:17:57 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ultrastik, Windows 10 and monitor sleeping
« on: May 30, 2018, 01:42:04 pm »
Hey everyone.  Over the past few months I've been noticing the monitor on my arcade cabinet no longer goes to sleep.  I tend to leave it on for other tasks so having it go to sleep when the frontend isn't running is helpful, especially since the power button is hard to reach.

I've finally did some troubleshooting and tracked the issue down to the two Ultrastiks I have hooked up via USB.  Disconnecting them resolves it.  Unfortunately I don't remember exactly when it started.  I do know it started before the April 2018 update was installed though.  Has anyone else running Windows 10 experienced this and know how to fix?  Something else I noticed, but honestly don't know if it's new or always been this way, is that along with being picked up as game controllers, they are also picked up as mice.  One other note is this also happens on a brand new install of Windows 10 (all windows updates pre-applied as part of the install).

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
Re: Ultrastik, Windows 10 and monitor sleeping
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 06:07:46 pm »
The U360s should be detected as mouse and game controller. These can be used to control the mouse, by sending a special map to them for this purpose.

They will send data with any small movement so maybe this is preventing sleep.

acidim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2018, 09:17:57 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Ultrastik, Windows 10 and monitor sleeping
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 08:59:41 pm »
Thanks for clarifying Andy.  Not long after making the original post I started having video problems.  Removing the video card and switching to onboard video (keeping the U360s connected) ALSO cleared up the sleeping issue.
It this point its apparent the U360s are functioning correctly.  I was overdue for an upgrade so have a new video card and more powerful psu on the way.  If replacing those two components doesn't clear up the issue then I'm stumped  :)