Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame INI ... core misc options ... ui = cabinet any info on this ? others?  (Read 3390 times)

jtslade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2023, 11:34:45 am
  • Keep it looking originallish!
Just trying to find info on this one specific setting in the mame.ini under Core MISC OPTIONS

What info and options are there for UI  cabinet

*also how can the loading / initializing game popup be disabled.. It's annoying..

#
# CORE MISC OPTIONS
#
drc                       1
drc_use_c                 0
drc_log_uml               0
drc_log_native            0
bios                     
cheat                     0
skip_gameinfo             1
uifont                    default
ui                        cabinet
ramsize                   
confirm_quit              0
ui_mouse                  0
autoboot_command         
autoboot_delay            0
autoboot_script           
console                   0
plugins                   1
plugin                   
noplugin                 
language                  English
Ms. Pacman Original Cocktail with Non destructive mod to Groovy Arcade Linux with All 4way Vertical Cocktail capable 2 button or less games.

Neo Geo MVS Mame Cab Running Hyperspin, 25" Nanao Arcade Monitor, Mini-pac, ATI Radeon HD 4850 (ATOM-15), IL 8 Way Euro-Sticks from Paradise Arcade, Win XP 64bit, and tons of other junk.

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
You can set show_infoscreens, i think it is, to 0 in mame.ini. But the only way to get rid of all messages is to recompile MAME with the nonag patch, or go to Bandito's site where he posts various builds and grab one from there - https://b4nd1t0.blogspot.com/

IDK about the ui option. Finding the mame.ini options is a real pain. I can find the commandline options on mamedev, and normally you can work backwards from those to see what you should be using in mame.ini, but in this case it makes no sense to me.

Robbbert

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:40:45 am
ui cabinet = show the mewui (default) frontend on mame

ui simple = show the previous frontend on mame.

I know the option, name and choices make no sense at all.... and that mame's documentation, what there is of it, is severely lacking, and that's being nice about it..
The problem is that there's over 300 options in mame.ini (which is madness in itself), new ones get added all the time, and nobody has the time to say what they do.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 05:53:00 am by Robbbert »

jtslade

• Offline Offline
Thank you for the info!

Would you know how to get the TAB menu to rotate? I've tried rotation options in mame.ini for Mame inside of GrovyArcade 2017 and it won't budge.
Ms. Pacman Original Cocktail with Non destructive mod to Groovy Arcade Linux with All 4way Vertical Cocktail capable 2 button or less games.

Neo Geo MVS Mame Cab Running Hyperspin, 25" Nanao Arcade Monitor, Mini-pac, ATI Radeon HD 4850 (ATOM-15), IL 8 Way Euro-Sticks from Paradise Arcade, Win XP 64bit, and tons of other junk.

Robbbert

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:40:45 am
no i don't believe that is possible

jtslade

• Offline Offline
total brain fart on the GUI rotation.. I forgot that just like a real arcade monitor on the neck you can swap the X and Y to do rotation.. When you boot up a new PCB or arcade monitor donor from another machine you sometimes need to do this..

Well MAME has the same flip X and Flip Y options. you can enable both and guess what.. You have flipped the whole game and TAB menu. ... Can't believe I forgot that..

#
# CORE ROTATION OPTIONS
#
rotate                    1
ror                       0
rol                       0
autoror                   0
autorol                   0
flipx                     1
flipy                     1