Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ipac 4 help!  (Read 1581 times)

snukesniz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2018, 02:11:14 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ipac 4 help!
« on: June 06, 2018, 06:35:48 am »
I bought a custom cab, and have no experience with Arcade hardware. It runs an Ipac4, and the buttons through the Ultimarc WinPAC software are mapped correctly but theres additional buttons that arent available to be mapped through WinPAC. If you open up notepad and press the buttons, they trigger keys, but how do I re-map these buttons?

These are the other buttons on my cab that dont work:

Exit
Select
L Click
R Click
Pinball flippers L & R
Pinball Spring

How would I map these to keys, and then how do I map the keys in Hyperspin?

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:52:14 am
  • Check out my Pow Pow
Re: Ipac 4 help!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 04:12:29 pm »
Well first you need to find out which Pin/Port the buttons are going to on the iPac4.
Once you figure that out you can select that Pin/Port in the software and map it to whatever.

Once the iPac is mapped then you can do the mappings in Hyperspin and your emulators.

Heres a quick example:
Your Exit button should have 2 wires, one attached to a ground daisy chain and the other goes to the iPac. Lets say its plugged into the 2SW7 port. You would open the WinPac software and change the 2SW7 port to what ever button/key press you want. You can change it to the Escape(Esc) button. Once saved you can then open Hyperspin and change the EXIT control to that button.