Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Aimtrak with Recoil help needed!  (Read 1347 times)

Insayne

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2022, 04:19:53 pm
Aimtrak with Recoil help needed!
« on: May 26, 2018, 05:26:29 pm »
Hello everyone :D

I recently purchased two Aimtrak guns with recoil pre-installed from Ultimarc. As you might be aware, they do not ship with the power supply for the recoil.
Well, as giddy as I am, i tried to use the gun without the PSU, and neither of the two work (I tried both sensor bars). They see the LEDs "sometimes" (as in, only close up, at the "top", but as soon as i point to my screen, nada... also, i tried turning the screen off, and using dual screens to just duplicate them, to see if my Screen with interferring, but seemingly not).
I checked the Sensor bar that the IR lights are on (using a mobile phone camera), and they do. (Side note: I tried the IR bar on my TVīs usb, and it lit up alot weaker than it does when i plug it into a dedicated USB port, or even USB power adapter (1A or 2A) to which i resorted then.

Anyhow, down to my question, is the Power supply required to calibrate the gun or that the gun seeīs the bar properly if a recoil kit is installed? If so, I would know where my problem lies,
if not... any advice on what to test/try to troubleshoot and possibly fix it, would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Aimtrak with Recoil help needed!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 03:57:19 am »
Hi.

The PSU is just for the recoil solenoid it does not make any difference to the guns operation.

Have you tried tracking the guns in the aim trak application?

You only need one sensor bar for both guns and it wants to be positioned centrally above the screen.

Also dont use them in brightly lit areas or near glass or other reflective surfaces.

Try those things and come back to us :)

Az

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 12, 2020, 05:01:31 pm
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 12:23:01 am »
You'll definitely need to hook the sensor bars up to at least a 1a or better power supply, less than that and they're not bright enough for the guns to see.

MartyKong

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 31, 2024, 03:47:47 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 09:58:39 am »
I second Titchgamer advise on using the aimtrak application. The newer versions will show the onscreen sensor as red when  good and yellow if not seen properly. This should help you diagnose your problem.