Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Number of LED Ultimate IO  (Read 1373 times)

meduza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 11:13:57 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • LEDSpicer wiki
Number of LED Ultimate IO
« on: May 19, 2018, 08:20:53 pm »
Hello there, I want to know how many 20ma LED I can connect (safely) to the ( + ) anode and cathode?
Basically I what to have two (and also four) LEDs connected to the same Outputs (+RGB)

Parallel? serial?

Thank you
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 09:05:53 pm by meduza »

obizues

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2023, 06:17:35 pm
  • Before you start your next project, don’t.
Re: Number of LED Ultimate IO
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 09:13:24 pm »
Hello there, I want to know how many 20ma LED I can connect (safely) to the ( + ) anode and cathode?
Basically I what to have two (and also four) LEDs connected to the same Outputs (+RGB)

Parallel? serial?

Thank you

Not sure if this helps but...

From Ultimarc:
“The voltage required depends on LEDs being used but all LEDs supplied by Ultimarc require 5 volts and the supplied power cable is pinned for 5 volts.
Current requirement is 0.02 amps X number of LEDs. Note each RGB LED counts as  3 LEDs.”

Or are you asking if daisy-chaining LED’s is going to somehow mess up your connector?

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 04:43:04 am »

The board has current-controlled outputs so if you connect in parallel the current will be shared roughly between them so they will be not full brightness.

So another method is series. But depending on the LEDs and whether they have series resistors you may need to connect the anode end of the pair to a voltage higher than 5 to give adequate headroom for the proper current to flow. Max voltage 12V.

meduza

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 11:13:57 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • LEDSpicer wiki
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 01:12:56 pm »
Excellent, thank you guys!  :cheers:, series with more voltage is what I assumed, have great day!