Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can't get Mala to startup with Windows 7  (Read 4189 times)

kenaan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2021, 08:14:26 am
Can't get Mala to startup with Windows 7
« on: May 12, 2018, 03:53:48 pm »
I had this working before, but nothing seems to work now.  I have the start with Windows box checked in the Mala configuration, I have the program marked as run as administrator, I have the shortcut properties set to Windows 95 compatibility mode and run as administrator, and the shortcut is in my Windows startup folder.  When Windows starts, it of course shows the desktop, and I get the circle spinny thing, followed by two error sounds.  Is the taskbar interfering?  I haven't tried hiding it yet.  I am not doing any registry hacks or instantsheller stuff.  I really did have this working before.

kenaan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2021, 08:14:26 am
Re: Can't get Mala to startup with Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 10:23:15 am »
Solution I found was to remove Admin priviledge, remove compatibility setting, so shortcut was simply in Startup Menu-Programs-Startup, and THEN creating a scheduled task at system startup.

Jakobud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 04:45:38 am
Re: Can't get Mala to startup with Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 03:14:26 pm »
Solution I found was to remove Admin priviledge, remove compatibility setting, so shortcut was simply in Startup Menu-Programs-Startup, and THEN creating a scheduled task at system startup.

Why do you have to create a scheduled task? Is it not enough to just add a shortcut to the Startup folder?