Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to setup U-Trak and SpinTrak in Mame 0.132?  (Read 1902 times)

Jakobud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 04:45:38 am
How to setup U-Trak and SpinTrak in Mame 0.132?
« on: May 15, 2018, 10:37:54 pm »
I'm using an old verison of Mame 0.132. I have a U-Trak and Spintrak both hooked up via an IPAC2. They work fine in Windows (7 x64). But in Mame they don't do anything. Is there any special setting I need to configure in order to make them work? I go into a game like Centipede and have to use the joystick to move around instead of the U-Trak.

shaolindrunkard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
Re: How to setup U-Trak and SpinTrak in Mame 0.132?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 10:48:59 pm »
Can't speak for your version of Mame. But usually you have to go into advanced options or some other menu like that and enable mouse control. You will also have to enable Multi-mouse. You just have to mess with the settings, there will be a couple settings to enable mouse control.

Jakobud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 12:12:54 am »
Ah I had to set mouse = 1 and multimouse = 1 in the ini. I assumed there was something in the menu system but there was not. Thanks

Jakobud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 03:13:26 pm »
Okay so after restarting the cabinet this morning, it appears that if I have a normal mouse plugged into the PC, the U-Trak and SpinTrak do not work in MAME again, but the normal mouse does. They work fine in Windows though. I do have multimouse = 1. Is there another setting I need to mess with in order to make sure that they work in MAME no matter how many mice are plugged in?

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:29:59 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 04:36:33 pm »
I do have multimouse = 1. Is there another setting I need to mess with in order to make sure that they work in MAME no matter how many mice are plugged in?
If you don't need to isolate the trackball and spinner inputs, you can disable multimouse.

With multimouse not enabled, MAME will add up all of the inputs for each axis.

For example if you move the spinner 6 steps right, bump the trackball 3 steps left, and nudge the mouse 1 step left, MAME will see that as 2 steps right on the X-axis. (6-3-1 = 2)

Scott

Jakobud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 06:52:35 pm »
Oh okay. I misunderstood what multimouse did. I thought it made it so that it supported multiple mice at the same time but it actually splits their inputs. Got it. Thanks!