Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Been out of the loop for a while looking for opinions  (Read 1715 times)

Velvis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2021, 12:31:34 am
Been out of the loop for a while looking for opinions
« on: May 25, 2018, 05:20:24 pm »
I have a home made Ms. Pacman style cocktail table. It had an old pentium running mame but it died.

I am going to replace the computer with a windows 7 laptop 64 bit and connect it to the monitor.

I would like a simple Hyperspin front end that just displays maybe 10 mame games in the wheel. (no systems, or other menus) Just the wheel with like Pacman, Ms Pacman, Galaga, Dig Dug, etc.

All the games I want to play are pre 1984.

Is there hyperspin theme that has a wheel that is just one level deep?

What would be the best version of MAME seeing how I dont want any games newer than 1984?

white_ghost

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:34:30 am
Re: Been out of the loop for a while looking for opinions
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 04:32:01 am »
Is there hyperspin theme that has a wheel that is just one level deep?

hi,
If I understand well your request you can have only one level menu with this tip:
launch hyperhq.exe and in main setting/general and set mode to single instead of multi and choose the menu you want. hyperspin will boot directly in this level menu
++