Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ATOM-15 with ATI 6450 - BIOS is OK but Windows boot loses sync? (video inside)  (Read 2461 times)

sofakng

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2021, 04:19:21 pm
I've just purchased an ATI/AMD 6450 and installed CRT Emudriver 2.0 on Windows 10.  Everything appears to be working fine.

Afterwards I patched my BIOS with ATOM-15 and the BIOS screen is now visible!  However, shortly after the BIOS screen is displayed, the Windows 10 boot animation shows but the screen goes out of sync.  Once Windows 10 loads, the screen goes back to normal (640x480i I think).

Here is a video I took: 

As I mentioned, I'm using an ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6450 connected to a Crescendo TC1600 VGA -> Component transcoder and then to my Toshiba 27A33 (or 27A34?) TV.  The motherboard is an old ASUS P5B Deluxe using regular BIOS and not UEFI.

Thanks for any help!

(EDIT: If anybody is curious, I also replaced my motherboard BIOS boot image with a MAME logo) :)

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
The resolution used by the Windows logo is probably pushing hfreq a bit too high for your TV. If it was an arcade monitor you'd probably be able to tweak the hfreq potentiometer a little bit.

Try enabling "base video" on Windows, that might help.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

sofakng

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2021, 04:19:21 pm
Thanks for the suggestion.  I just enabled it and it didn't help.  It also seemed to boot into > 15 kHz in Windows so I need to dig out my LCD and try to fix the resolution.

Thanks for the suggestion though!  If you have any other ideas let me know.