Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: crash course in what to buy before June 30th for Pinball Arcade cabinet.  (Read 7700 times)

1500points

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2018, 01:44:12 pm
    • How to succeed at Robotron
Hi All,
Has anyone explored the topic of installing pinball arcade on a cabinet with the monitor backglass and dmd stuff?
I want to make sure to buy whatever is needed to get addam's family running before the June 30th cutoff deadline for licensing.

Googling and browsing leaves me with more questions than answers. so looking for some basic guidance to get a noob started on the right path.

This YT vid shows it working but lacks the details of where and what to get, but it name drops various mods and persons involved in said mods.

This link mention something called arcooda, but it looks very expensive and much more than what I would be seeking with the touch screen business (that's what they make ipads, for....)
http://pinballarcadefans.com/content.php/538-Cabinet-Mode-for-TPA-via-Arcooda-Software

and the YT vid references NoEx which I see is a poster in this freecamera mod section of a forums- http://pinballarcadefans.com/forumdisplay.php/112-FreeCamera-Mod

So where to start and what's the cheapest route involved.  Just buy Addam's Family on Steam for starters?
thanks in advance

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 02:55:20 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
>June 30th cutoff deadline for licensing

::) just download Visual Pinball and all the tables like everyone else.

all you are basically doing is BUYING a ready made program spoonfed to you and "purchasing" tables other people have already made and put out there for free. "licensing" the likenesses obviously didn't save a dozen or more tables from getting the axe.

1500points

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2018, 01:44:12 pm
    • How to succeed at Robotron
>June 30th cutoff deadline for licensing

::) just download Visual Pinball and all the tables like everyone else.

all you are basically doing is BUYING a ready made program spoonfed to you and "purchasing" tables other people have already made and put out there for free. "licensing" the likenesses obviously didn't save a dozen or more tables from getting the axe.

ah, i messed with that years back and liked it. didn't even think about it again. so that is the way to go with a DIY build nowadays? 

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
PBA is fine for on the go gaming (iPhone, iPad, droid phone or tablet) but visual pinball 9 and VPX are definitely the way to go.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

deadmoney5

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2020, 11:02:02 pm
  • I don't feel tardy
Visual Pinball would be awesome for the Switch, especially with the long vertical display.   I do have Pinball Arcade, but you can't even buy the Williams tables for the Switch version.