Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to ease transition from bottom of Control Panel to Kick Playe??  (Read 3840 times)

obizues

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2023, 06:17:35 pm
  • Before you start your next project, don’t.
I’ve designed my first draft of my cabinet, but right now I don’t have a smooth transition from the CP to the front kick plate. Is there a way to do this cleanly?  As a note the vertical rectangle directly under I want to hinge together so it pulls down for a keyboard to slide out.

The area/piece holding place right now is in white.

Whole cab:

Close up on white:

Another close up:

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:48:34 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
you probably not going to like playing on a flat surface like that... it will make reaching over all the crap you have in between you and your controls at the rear... jamming into your forearms while you play.

you may want to consider putting the panel at a bit of an angle.

obizues

• Offline Offline
you probably not going to like playing on a flat surface like that... it will make reaching over all the crap you have in between you and your controls at the rear... jamming into your forearms while you play.

you may want to consider putting the panel at a bit of an angle.

Is there a usual accepted angle?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:48:34 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
typically ~10 degrees. it's not much.

what I would do is mock up a full size panel out of cardboard and install all your stuff. then you can play with the positioning and angle and sizes. that way you know for sure.

obizues

• Offline Offline
typically ~10 degrees. it's not much.

what I would do is mock up a full size panel out of cardboard and install all your stuff. then you can play with the positioning and angle and sizes. that way you know for sure.

Sounds good!  Thanks!

yamatetsu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:52:11 am
  • Just because.

If you mount the white board at an angle, the red part will stick out. Sand/cut off the red part, mount the board.

obizues

• Offline Offline
Great advice!

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 10:55:50 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149265.120.html
Would the red part even stick out?  Can't you just mount it at the angle like yamatetsu said and be done with it?

yamatetsu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:52:11 am
  • Just because.
Would the red part even stick out?  Can't you just mount it at the angle like yamatetsu said and be done with it?

[...] I don’t have a smooth transition from the CP to the front kick plate. [...]  As a note the vertical rectangle directly under I want to hinge together so it pulls down for a keyboard to slide out.

If I understand correctly, he wants to make some kind of drawer that goes directly above the white board, so yes, the red part would be in the way.

Come to think of it: obizues, you could just make the white board out of a thin piece of wood so that the red part sticking out isn't so big and lift the bottom of the drawer up a bit so that it slides over the red part.

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 10:55:50 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149265.120.html
Oh my bad, I thought the drawer was going under it.