Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 32” TV for 4-player setup?  (Read 1735 times)

obizues

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2023, 06:17:35 pm
  • Before you start your next project, don’t.
32” TV for 4-player setup?
« on: May 09, 2018, 10:42:37 am »
I’m looking for a good 32” TV that I can use for a 4-player setup so it must have a good viewing angle, and also fit within a horizontal space of 2’8”. 

On a side note, do people ever remove the TV’s display from the bezel/case to mount easier?

Any help is appreciated!

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:24:57 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
Re: 32” TV for 4-player setup?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 10:52:15 am »
It's me again.

Look for a CRT TV or arcade monitor. It is the correct shape for an arcade cabinet and it has superb viewing angles. It also has the added bonus of displaying the games the way they were meant to be displayed. Oh, and I will jump off the top of my warehouse onto the pavement headfirst if you use an LCD.

It is a win, win, win situation. Of course if you choose the LCD and I jump, then I can't bother you anymore. So I guess that would also be a win.

obizues

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2023, 06:17:35 pm
  • Before you start your next project, don’t.
Re: 32” TV for 4-player setup?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 10:54:31 am »
It's me again.

Look for a CRT TV or arcade monitor. It is the correct shape for an arcade cabinet and it has superb viewing angles. It also has the added bonus of displaying the games the way they were meant to be displayed. Oh, and I will jump off the top of my warehouse onto the pavement headfirst if you use an LCD.

It is a win, win, win situation. Of course if you choose the LCD and I jump, then I can't bother you anymore. So I guess that would also be a win.

Lmao :laugh2: