Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help compiling groovymame.  (Read 2469 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:59:22 pm
Help compiling groovymame.
« on: May 08, 2018, 07:28:30 pm »
Well more than help im just wondering if im doing it right, i would like to prepare a version of groovymame that has the  highscoore patch plus my special blend with no mesages for the savestate loading , now i found a bit on info on the net , and wondering if is as easy as getting the regular mame source, aplly the highscore dif, , apply the gm diff and apply the directx9 diff, and build? is that it? the outcome will be a working groovymame for windows? thanks for any help.

by the way this is the help i found here but was from last year...
GroovyMAME repo is here...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5iMjDor3P__aEFpcVNkVW5jbEE

There is already 32 & 64 bit versions of GM in the 183 folder to download, or if you want to compile it yourself, grab the .diff files and use a compiler like MAME Compiler 64 if you're lazy like me, or learn how to do it from the command line. You'll need the build tools from here...
http://mamedev.org/tools/

Apply the patches starting with the latest "017c" diff, and use "d3d9ex.diff" if you're on Windows 7/8/8.1/10 for better graphical performance.

Jonny G

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2024, 05:59:46 pm
Re: Help compiling groovymame.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 07:55:27 am »
Yeah that advice was from me, it still stands. Grab MAME Compiler, the latest source and build tools, set the options as you require (x64, strip symbols, etc, etc) then apply in following order, GM, D3D, other diffs. You can test them before applying if need be.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 05:29:14 am »
Remind the hiscore patch is no longer needed.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

abispac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:59:22 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 07:08:43 pm »
Thanks did that and it was uper easy now i got my version of groovymame without game warnings and saveste mesages, i use savestate instead of highscore as is like if the machine never turns off,  cant wait to pick up my monitor tomorrow and start testing things out thanks alot. If anyoneis interested i can share this version of GM its for win64 but i can easy build one for x86 not sure for linux.