Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New project start: Fullsize arcade - also asking advices 🙂  (Read 19498 times)

proplayer77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2019, 03:23:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: New project start: Fullsize arcade - also asking advices 🙂
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2018, 05:39:10 am »

Also: where can I adjust other emulators controls? Hyperspin doesnt work att all like Retroarch / retropie I use on my bartop. ???

Hyperspin is just a front end that links to your emulators.  To adjust the controls you would need to go into said emulators GUI or config file.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Tapatalk

1. Yes, I know this. My biggest problem is that i want to use Hyperspin Frontend with the controllers, not with KB and Mouse... - which is not possible as they dont work atm., the wheel keeps on turning and i have to kill the process and use only KB when i launch it again, doesnt work always then either.... If i disable the joysticks from HyperHQ i can use KB normally to choose right emulator and game from HyperSpin.

2. Other question is where i can adjust controls for Megadrive, SNES, N64 etc. Do i do it inside the emulators directly which Hyperspin then uses when i launch the game.

firedance

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:14:35 pm
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2018, 02:01:28 pm »
in my hyperspin setup i've disabled the joysticks altogether, in hyperhq - main settings - startup/exit, my startup program is - G:\HyperSpin\JoyToKey_en\JoyToKey.exe

joytokey emulates keyboard via joystick/buttons, very easy to setup, i used the exact same keys from hyperspin in joytokey, hope that makes sense.

so everytime hyperspin starts it also starts joytokey.

bad_boo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2022, 10:33:09 pm
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2018, 02:45:13 pm »
Is there any guru here for Hyperspin ? I have few questions (posted these Hyperspin forum too):

1. How can i add new emulators for this compilation out from the original Hyperspin (global) list . Now i have Mame, SNES, Nes etc but if i want to for example add Turbo Engine 16 (added allready emulator for it) - how can i get it to global and choose the emu + romdir for it? This is crusial information, can ofc try to google more but i bet some guru here has a fast working answer.

2.Themes: I just installed the original theme, is it easy to change it without breaking everything else...

3. Trackball - im waiting for trackball to arrive. Im going to attach it to PS2 port right? Can i then from HyperHQ adjust it?

4. Windows10 modification. Any real working experience on this. I have removed the GUI loader but its still showing the Win10 logo on startup. I also want it to log in to HyperSpin automatically, but still i need to get out from there sometimes to windows use - is this possible?

:D
Have you figured this out yet? you can search on youtube for Simply Austin and/or gigapig, they have nice tutorials on how to install most of the systems. They are similar though, but it may change mostly when you choose the emulator for each system. I think it is better for you to follow those videos and then I could answer something on specific.

For the themes, yes they are easy to change, you need to go to the folder location Hyperspin/Media/Main Menu/Themes and Hyperspin/Media/Main Menu/Videos to change the files. I highly recommend you look up for Retrohumanoid and Ghostlost on youtube to get their media. It really look so amazing all the media they have created.

If you have windows 10 latest build (1803), you would need to update to the latest hyperspin version (1.5.xx). If you want to run it properly.

I am planning out my arcade and coincidentally, it looks similar to yours, but I pretty much started with the software, so I am good with that. Just figuring out the woodwork and getting all accessories for now.

BTW Love your build, I am getting inspire by it to follow mine.

proplayer77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2018, 12:44:19 pm »
in my hyperspin setup i've disabled the joysticks altogether, in hyperhq - main settings - startup/exit, my startup program is - G:\HyperSpin\JoyToKey_en\JoyToKey.exe

joytokey emulates keyboard via joystick/buttons, very easy to setup, i used the exact same keys from hyperspin in joytokey, hope that makes sense.

so everytime hyperspin starts it also starts joytokey.
Thx, i think its clear. Found the website too: https://joytokey.net/en/.

proplayer77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2018, 12:53:41 pm »
Is there any guru here for Hyperspin ? I have few questions (posted these Hyperspin forum too):

1. How can i add new emulators for this compilation out from the original Hyperspin (global) list . Now i have Mame, SNES, Nes etc but if i want to for example add Turbo Engine 16 (added allready emulator for it) - how can i get it to global and choose the emu + romdir for it? This is crusial information, can ofc try to google more but i bet some guru here has a fast working answer.

2.Themes: I just installed the original theme, is it easy to change it without breaking everything else...

3. Trackball - im waiting for trackball to arrive. Im going to attach it to PS2 port right? Can i then from HyperHQ adjust it?

4. Windows10 modification. Any real working experience on this. I have removed the GUI loader but its still showing the Win10 logo on startup. I also want it to log in to HyperSpin automatically, but still i need to get out from there sometimes to windows use - is this possible?

:D
Have you figured this out yet? you can search on youtube for Simply Austin and/or gigapig, they have nice tutorials on how to install most of the systems. They are similar though, but it may change mostly when you choose the emulator for each system. I think it is better for you to follow those videos and then I could answer something on specific.

For the themes, yes they are easy to change, you need to go to the folder location Hyperspin/Media/Main Menu/Themes and Hyperspin/Media/Main Menu/Videos to change the files. I highly recommend you look up for Retrohumanoid and Ghostlost on youtube to get their media. It really look so amazing all the media they have created.

If you have windows 10 latest build (1803), you would need to update to the latest hyperspin version (1.5.xx). If you want to run it properly.

I am planning out my arcade and coincidentally, it looks similar to yours, but I pretty much started with the software, so I am good with that. Just figuring out the woodwork and getting all accessories for now.

BTW Love your build, I am getting inspire by it to follow mine.

Thx, i appreciate your help :)! I have done my bartop with Retropie using Pi, and there everything worked quite directly. I have had Hyperspin running on my laptop for half a year but have not used any controls with it or changed themes etc, so this is still things i have to figure out and this helps. I got some help from Gigapig himself on HS forum too, just have to wait until im back home and have some spare time.

Thanks also for you comment on my build. I didnt find any ready plans that would work for me, so planned the build along the way (without really making plans to save on paper ofc :)) so this became a DIY without made plans and with no saved plans. Most critical phases are 1.selecting materials so you know right tools you need, 2.selecting screen. Screen has to fit like a glove, and if you dont use a bezel it Really has to fit in nice way  :). Good luck on you build  :applaud:!

rablack97

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2022, 06:50:10 pm
  • If you don't try, you have no chance at innovation
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2018, 01:41:05 pm »
deleted - mistake
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 01:42:58 pm by rablack97 »

proplayer77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2018, 01:47:03 pm »
deleted - mistake
Did this comment come to right thread?  ::) :lol

rablack97

• Offline Offline
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2018, 01:55:33 pm »
nope i was wondering why they weren showing up where i wanted them too, sorry man :)

rablack97

• Offline Offline
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2018, 10:11:23 am »
Since i posted by mistake prior, figured i've give you some help :)

Tips on hiding windows 10

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,153529.0.html

The windows boot logo is pretty stubborn you may just have to live with that, as making it disappear only works with certain versions of win 10.

Use this for easy access to all of the windows 10 functions

Make sure your system account has administrative privileges.
Right-click on the Windows 10 desktop and choose New > Folder.
Name the folder: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} and hit enter/return.

There are a few ways to shell to hyperspin.

The easiest is open your registry go here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell

change explorer.exe to your hyperspin.exe

When you exit hyperspin you will come to a black screen, just hit crtl-alt-delete then run task then type in explorer and you will be back at the desktop.

Now if you have other programs like joy2key that open with windows, they may not run due to shelling to the front so you may need to look at some AHK scripting and shell to that script. 

Within the script you can load joy2key first then load hyperspin.   Test it with and without the script and see how it behaves.

If your experiencing the spinning there is a conflict between the jstick comands and the keyboard commands.  if your using and IPac you only need joytokey if you want to play pc based games that don't play well with keyboard strokes.

disable the sticks, map your ipac or encoder to the same commands as hyperspin, spinning should stop as long as there isn't any embedded scripting calling joy2key to run.

remapping of your emulators is done within each emulator, your have to run the emulator either through rocket launcher or just go to the exe for the emulator.  Then run it, and go to controller setup and automap the controls as normal.

Hope this helps.

proplayer77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2018, 12:26:30 pm »
Thx 🙂👍

bad_boo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2022, 10:33:09 pm
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2018, 12:28:28 pm »
Thx, i appreciate your help :)! I have done my bartop with Retropie using Pi, and there everything worked quite directly. I have had Hyperspin running on my laptop for half a year but have not used any controls with it or changed themes etc, so this is still things i have to figure out and this helps. I got some help from Gigapig himself on HS forum too, just have to wait until im back home and have some spare time.

Thanks also for you comment on my build. I didnt find any ready plans that would work for me, so planned the build along the way (without really making plans to save on paper ofc :)) so this became a DIY without made plans and with no saved plans. Most critical phases are 1.selecting materials so you know right tools you need, 2.selecting screen. Screen has to fit like a glove, and if you dont use a bezel it Really has to fit in nice way  :). Good luck on you build  :applaud:!
My pleasure helping on what I can.
Regarding HS, since a couple of months ago, I have been changing like 90% of my themes so far, with the media these guys have created (that fits on wide screens). I just imagine how nice it will look on the cabinet.

I have a concept model that I found on youtube (perfect for wide screens) and I guess, I will define details as it goes, when I am building it.
I got a LED tv (just like yours), the buttons, sticks, speakers ,etc. and Just figuring out your number 1 critical phase, the woodwork now lol.

thanks  for your wishes on my project.
Best of luck and congratulations on your build. ;)

proplayer77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2018, 05:35:01 am »
Thx, doing last things on cab still.

I tried to figure out best way to attach CP. I ended up after trying several hinges to choose another way.

I screwed mounting angles of metal to CP. Then drilled holes to walls and hammered bolt mounting pieces in them.

Now i lift the CP and have 2 bolts that i tighten and it holds on place great 🙂👍.

Also finally making the marque.

proplayer77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2018, 08:28:06 am »
Damn, didnt like the outcome on marque but ill take a timeout with it to get some software adjustments done. Problem was that it shows some small amount of light from edges. I put some black plastic tape to cover those edges for now 😂. Didnt attach it either yet.

But that simple blue works quite well with the blue controls contrast.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 08:54:28 am by proplayer77 »

luizw81

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2022, 12:39:36 pm
  • I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2018, 10:07:21 am »
Damn, didnt like the outcome on marque but ill take a timeout with it to get some software adjustments done. Problem was that it shows some small amount of light from edges. I put some black plastic tape to cover those edges for now 😂. Didnt attach it either yet.

Mine shows light at the edges also...2.5 years later and I still haven't fixed it!  :laugh2:

proplayer77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2018, 05:57:42 am »

Mine shows light at the edges also...2.5 years later and I still haven't fixed it!  :laugh2:
Thats a possibility here too 🙂

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2018, 07:57:52 am »
1/4" or 1/2" thick,  Self adhesive, Black Weatherstripping all the way around the edges of the marquee box (on the inside obviously) will deal with lightbleed and shouldn't leave a shadow 

proplayer77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2018, 10:53:12 am »
Thanks for the tip 👍👍👍

proplayer77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2018, 02:29:20 am »
I have a small question about the screen im using. Its a 32" tv as i wrote before. It has HDMI and VGA. Display adapter doesnt have HDMI, so im using a converter there from DVI to HDMI.
My small problem is that the TV does not wake up when receivin signal from the computer. I have to turn it on (ok, its one press on remote controller, but still annoying :)).

Will this be fixed if i just change the display adapter with a HDMI one, anyone has experience on this?

How the electics work now:

1. I turn the power switch on - tv led is red, waiting for signal from remote.
2. I press the red arcade button on back to start the computer - computer starts itself
3. I have to "turn on" the tv with remote

Thats it, all things running.

When turning the electrics off, i just press the red button and all services close and computer turns off, and then just turn the power switch to "off".

Thx for any thoughts :D.

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2018, 03:55:08 am »
I have a small question about the screen im using. Its a 32" tv as i wrote before. It has HDMI and VGA. Display adapter doesnt have HDMI, so im using a converter there from DVI to HDMI.
My small problem is that the TV does not wake up when receivin signal from the computer. I have to turn it on (ok, its one press on remote controller, but still annoying :)).

Will this be fixed if i just change the display adapter with a HDMI one, anyone has experience on this?

How the electics work now:

1. I turn the power switch on - tv led is red, waiting for signal from remote.
2. I press the red arcade button on back to start the computer - computer starts itself
3. I have to "turn on" the tv with remote

Thats it, all things running.

When turning the electrics off, i just press the red button and all services close and computer turns off, and then just turn the power switch to "off".

Thx for any thoughts :D.

There should be an option in the menu look for an option to power on after power loss.  Do a search for the service manual for your make/model of television.