Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Congratulations Saint....  (Read 17553 times)

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
Re:Congratulations Saint....
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2004, 11:17:37 pm »
The cover is just a mockup. The golden tone I believe is set in stone, and follows the theme of the other books inthe series. However, the front graphics and text are only there as placeholders until the real cover is ready.

--- saint

Yes ,i will say congrats too :) I'm sure it will do well!  
My only question is, who the heck designed the cover???  I'm sorry, but couldn't something a little more colorful and arcade looking have been designed? Hell, im no graphic artist, but surely someone could have come up with something better then a golden cover.
I'm sure there are alot of people here in the forums who would have helped out with that one as there seems to be a TON of talented people here.   What does everyone else think about the cover?  Do you think it should be something more colorful?
Just my oppinion and hope not to offend anyone, but that was the first thing that popped into my mind when i saw the cover.  It just doesn't look like something that would catch my eye in a book store.
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

GroovyTuesdaY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2005, 03:22:18 am
  • "Follow the white rabbit! ....KNOCK KNOCK NEO...."
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2004, 11:20:47 pm »
Hmm,  what other books are in the series? I didn't realise i guess that this book was part of a series.   Its good that the picture isn't part of the real cover OYE, that would suck lol.  

groovY~
In the mighty words of the BEE GEES im-
"STAYIN' ALIVE, STAYIN' ALIVE!"
hehehe

MustardTent

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 22, 2015, 12:14:02 pm
    • Blog
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2004, 07:08:55 pm »
Congrats Saint.  Without your site I never would have built my machine and lost all that time at work researching.  I'll be buying a copy as soon as it's released.

RetroJames

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2021, 05:26:38 pm
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2004, 07:37:53 am »
:P Formerly " Topic: Congratulations to The Saint (Our BYOAC Benefactor)  (Read 32 times) "

Saint,

If this has already been discussed forgive me, but congrats on YOUR new project.  I hope you do have many happy returns.  Your site and the board have brought me alot of enjoyment and I am excited to read the book.  For those of you who missed his announcement, scroll down on the www.arcadecontrols.com page and read for yourself.  Here is the link to the goods.  

http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0764556169.html

Best of luck!  1HookedSpaceCadet

SNAAAKE:    Re:Congratulations to The Saint (Our BYOAC Benefactor)

MilitiaMan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2011, 09:25:35 am
  • It's a fine line between hobby and mental illness.
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2004, 12:00:41 pm »
Wow ... this is really great news.

Don't know that I can add anything that hasn't already been said ...

I am proud to be involved with this hobby and the great group of guys that participate in the boards here at BYOAC - my guess is that none of this would be possible without the hard work of Saint.

Congrats, man. I hope you make a billion dollars, quit your day job, and spend all your free time taking this hobby to the "next" level - whatever that might be.  ;D

MM

Bobby115

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2011, 06:55:13 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2004, 09:15:03 pm »
AWSOME....CONGRATS...Looking forward to this great book.