Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: House Of The Dead PC version (throwback question)  (Read 1516 times)

mike boss

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2021, 01:19:45 pm
House Of The Dead PC version (throwback question)
« on: May 01, 2018, 09:26:18 pm »
I'm working on getting my Aim Trak guns installed into my cabinet..........FINALLY!
Not rushing, trying to make sure everything works before I toss it all into the cabinet.

Bought a bunch of PC shooters locally, including the HOTD trilogy.

HOTD 2 and HOTD 3 display with no issues on my PC.
HOTD 1 however has the colors all messed up (if I click THOTD.exe).
If I click the THOTD3D batch file the game displays fine.
However when I do this every time I select it I have to confirm the options and click OK.
This is a huge problem as I want to (when all configured) launch via MALA.
(A) I'm unsure if I can launch a batch file from Mala, and (B) I'd like to not have to confirm these options every time. Anyone aware of a way where I can alter these settings ? Furthermore I'd love to not have to confirm exit with the game. I can't seem to find an option for this.

I know this is a real throw back, but I figured some fan of gun games may be able to help.

Thank you all

EDIT : Alt F4 will dump out of the game. I think with the use of Hot Keys I can configure MaLa to enter Alt+F4 when pressing ESC. This should fix the confirming exit issue

EDIT - Made some progress over the weekend. The malafe site had some information on using the HOTKEY options to make ESCAPE = to ALT F4. So now I can ESC "HOTD1" via ESCAPE and ensure it's not running in the background. Using the same HOTKEY feature I was able to use the SPACE key and map it to ENTER. Now when HOTD1 loads up, I still see the options issue, but pressing SPACE will bypass this. I  tried using CTRL (player 1, button 1) however it did not work.

Happy this is now working well.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 08:48:50 am by mike boss »