Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rampage  (Read 2896 times)

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
Rampage
« on: April 14, 2018, 11:14:22 pm »
Watched movie "Rampage" today. Pretty good, I liked it. Also showed a couple of glimpses of a Rampage arcade machine in background.

Lots of violence and adventure. Some dirty language and sexual innuendos, so probably not kid-friendly. At least not young kids.

Added bonus, it has guy who plays Neegan from The Walking Dead, and he acts pretty much like the character Neegan.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Rampage
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 01:24:37 am »
Jeffrey Dean Morgan is kind of like the white Samuel L Jackson...  He doesn't play different characters or act, rather he just puts on different costumes and plays the same damn guy in everything he is in.  His portrayal of the Comedian in Watchmen is Negan without as much cursing...  John Winchester in Supernatural is just "good Negan".  So yeah, range isn't his thing... not that it needs to be. 

harveybirdman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2024, 12:40:25 pm
  • SHMUP'EM
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 01:54:39 am »
I know it's a throw away action movie, but it bothers me that they seem to have strayed from the humans mutating into beasts storyline from the game.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 11:35:22 am »
Eh as soon as they announced the Rock would be in it I kind of lost all hope of quality.  I'm amazed the trailers look as good as they do and that I can see a hint of the original art design in the monsters. 

Also this isn't a storied franchise with years worth of lore, it's Rampage.  The only lore we get is a line or two of text in the original game and the modern games were just remakes of the original again with just a couple of lines of text only this time with a picture or two thrown in. 

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 12:29:53 am »
It was actually pretty good. A lot of action.

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 05:54:14 pm »
I know it's a throw away action movie, but it bothers me that they seem to have strayed from the humans mutating into beasts storyline from the game.

I haven't watched it yet, but they really should've had the mutation storyline....just to have The Rock mutate and battle them. :)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 07:15:27 pm »
Don't give them ideas man.... those Hollywood idgits might actually do it. 

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 09:04:07 am »
Don't give them ideas man.... those Hollywood idgits might actually do it.

There's always room for a sequel! ;)

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2024, 12:00:13 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 10:02:36 pm »
Jeffrey Dean Morgan is kind of like the white Samuel L Jackson...  He doesn't play different characters or act, rather he just puts on different costumes and plays the same damn guy in everything he is in.  His portrayal of the Comedian in Watchmen is Negan without as much cursing...  John Winchester in Supernatural is just "good Negan".  So yeah, range isn't his thing... not that it needs to be.
Don't forget The Good Wife  ;D
NO MORE!!