Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Nanao MS9-29SU Curl or Horizontal Position Problem  (Read 2536 times)

mrhocuspocus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2021, 12:46:49 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Nanao MS9-29SU Curl or Horizontal Position Problem
« on: April 29, 2018, 08:53:30 am »
Main Board: 05A00585D1
Tube: A68KJU96X

B+ is at 76V
All Electrolytic Caps have been replaced except the big filter cap
Pots are measuring to factory spec

Problem: The horizontal position is maxed, but will not center (2" from top, shown in 3nd picture). If i keep moving the horizontal hold, there is a second spot where the picture locks. This one has a very noticeable curl, and cannot be centered vertically (0.5" from the right, shown in 2rd picture). I have tried use the Wide and Narrow jumper on the chassis with pretty much no difference. If the monitor has been sitting for a while it has a bend (shown in first picture) in the top left and right sides which straightens out in under a minute. Any help getting rid of the curl or centering the picture will be appreciated.

Here is a video of me slowly going through the entire horizontal hold:

When this chassis is swapped out with a different newer revision of the MS9 ( 05A00675C1 ) everything works as it should.

Also with the 05A00585D1 the blue and red convergence is off by few pixels (you can really see the red in the black text box at the bottom) and the 05A00675C1 looks perfect. Is this normal when swapping between chassis? or is it an indication of another underlying problem?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 08:47:34 pm by mrhocuspocus »

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:51:05 am
Re: Nanao MS9-29SU Horizontal Position Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 05:27:42 pm »
bit of a confusing post tbh, are you saying you get a perfectly locked picture but you can centralise it using the horizontal shift or are you saying that you can get the picture to lock(like in the video)

mrhocuspocus

• Offline Offline
Re: Nanao MS9-29SU Curl or Horizontal Position Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 08:34:17 pm »
I can get the picture to lock in two spots while turning the HH. I edited to the original post, hopefully to make it easier to understand.

one lock looks great but cannot be centered horizontally, and i just noticed the second lock (with the curl) cannot be centered vertically (only by like a 0.5", on the right side of the curl pic)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 08:50:10 pm by mrhocuspocus »

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:51:05 am
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 08:58:59 am »
not seen that fault before and I have worked on a lot of these

mrhocuspocus

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 07:39:12 am »
I have also never seen this problem before. I checked the HH on the working one and it stays locked through most of the pot.

If anyone has any ideas, I’m open to options here.  :dizzy: