Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Avengers: Infinity War  (Read 8031 times)

Nephasth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
Re: Avengers: Infinity War
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2018, 03:37:54 pm »
And if Tony's such a genius, can't he combine the suits together and just make a "super suit" that's fast, strong and has firepower?

No. That sort of technology is only available in Wakanda...
%Bartop

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2018, 03:43:32 pm »
And if Tony's such a genius, can't he combine the suits together and just make a "super suit" that's fast, strong and has firepower?

No. That sort of technology is only available in Wakanda...
:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2018, 03:54:46 pm »
lol, I had no idea the suits had so much history.  I concede.  But even if all you say is true, it makes no sense in this movie.  If it was a one off and only made to battle against Hulk, then why is it used in this move to battle a hoard of rabid animals?  Seems like another variety would have made more sense.

Man you really have me sporting my ChadTower approved comic book nerd hat today dontcha?

You cant be gleefully unaware of the source material and critical of it, all at the same time.  The Hulk Buster armor was the closest because Veronica satellite tracks Bruce Banner so that if Iron Man ever needs the armor, its nearby. It felt implied that Banner wouldn't have been much help unless he was in a suit. So it seems to be to be a choice of convenience.

"one suit that can do everything" is such a cop out. There's an evolution of the suits, they keep getting better and better, heck there were 2 or 3 revisions in the first Iron Man movie alone! The Mark 50 "bleeding edge" armor , seen in Infinity War, is supposed to be the best overall armor.  Despite being a comic book movie, they've kept the suit tech somewhat grounded in reality. So for the suit to be faster it has to be lighter. For it to be tougher, it has to be heavier. They've established this in the 6 previous movies Iron Man is featured in. (I1,I2,A,I3,A:AoU, CA:CW).  The Mark 50 is probably the closest they'll get to a "super suit", and even it has its short comings.

Nobody wants to watch an invincible hero or villain.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2022, 06:36:45 pm
  • I effed with the wrong person!
    • No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2018, 03:59:53 pm »
Considering that super-heroing comes down to tussling with powerful humanoids more often than anything else (an inventory of specialized suits does not negate this) I would expect that the every-day armor would be closer to the Hulkbuster design than anything else.

But it's just a movie. It doesn't need a reason other than it looks cool. I was just curious if there was some other justification.
No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 10:55:50 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149265.120.html
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2018, 12:13:13 pm »
Wow, OK, I guess that makes sense.  Thanks for indulging me.  I didn't realize it was so well thought out.

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2018, 03:47:23 pm »
Another reason for the hulk buster is that it was also one suit that Bruce Banner helped design. Bruce was more scared than anyone of hurting innocents when going hulk, so making the suit was also Bruce's pet project. While it wasn't meant for him to wear, it is probably safe to assume it is the one suit where he fully understood the controls and features.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2018, 10:31:20 am »
Considering that super-heroing comes down to tussling with powerful humanoids more often than anything else (an inventory of specialized suits does not negate this) I would expect that the every-day armor would be closer to the Hulkbuster design than anything else.

But it's just a movie. It doesn't need a reason other than it looks cool. I was just curious if there was some other justification.

Yeap that's why the Army uses drones the size of Apache choppers, cause over sized is always the best approach.

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2022, 06:36:45 pm
  • I effed with the wrong person!
    • No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2018, 11:54:12 am »
More proof that quoting somebody has no bearing on how much you listened to them.

Looks like I was wrong. It isn't just a movie. It is also yet another opportunity for a high-stakes ego game, as nearly everything seems to be with you.

I realized a possible flaw with my premise. I don't know enough about the MCU to know if it would be applicable or not, but if it is, I was looking forward to conceding it to you or anybody else, just for the change of pace of not dealing with a strawman. Of course that was too optimistic. You're a ---smurfing--- hopeless coward.

Sure, mal, I clearly said there is no scenario in which bigger is not better, and your mockery taught me a valuable lesson. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:14:57 pm by DrakeTungsten »
No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2018, 04:16:45 pm »
More proof that quoting somebody has no bearing on how much you listened to them.

Looks like I was wrong. It isn't just a movie. It is also yet another opportunity for a high-stakes ego game, as nearly everything seems to be with you.

I realized a possible flaw with my premise. I don't know enough about the MCU to know if it would be applicable or not, but if it is, I was looking forward to conceding it to you or anybody else, just for the change of pace of not dealing with a strawman. Of course that was too optimistic. You're a ---smurfing--- hopeless coward.

Sure, mal, I clearly said there is no scenario in which bigger is not better, and your mockery taught me a valuable lesson. Thanks!
Any reply is a lose - lose, if I explain myself to allow you to better comprehend what I meant then I'm back tracking. If I ignore you then you call me an elitist ---uvula---. Merely typing a reply that re-enforces that bigger isn't better in a real world example and suddenly its a "high stakes ego game".  The suits aren't all Hulk buster sized because in the source material the suit is human sized, hence Iron Man not Iron "something bigger than a man."

If you'd like some Cinematic Universe examples, a larger suit wouldnt be any more beneficial with Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Loki, Killian, AntMan (in Ant or Giant Man mode), Zemo, Dormammu, etc  These are just examples where a bigger suit would either be less effective, no different, or overkill.

Appreciate the troll bait and name-calling, but I that's just not my cup of tea.

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2018, 09:26:38 am »
It is also yet another opportunity for a high-stakes ego game, as nearly everything seems to be with you.

"High-Stakes Ego Game"  :laugh2:   Somebody watches too much cable news.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:28:47 am by Vigo »

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2018, 08:42:46 pm »
Watched Show Dogs today. :cheers:
%Bartop

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2018, 06:11:58 pm »
Watched Show Dogs today. :cheers:
Not sure if you need sympathy or not  ::)