Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mamehooker - HID interface writes  (Read 3032 times)

baritonomarchetto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:10:16 pm
Mamehooker - HID interface writes
« on: April 28, 2018, 02:31:56 am »
Hi all,
I was looking at news on Howard Casto dragonking site and noticed this advance in compatibility between mamehooker and interfaces.
I opened this post just to ask Howard of this means that mamehooker would be compatible with arduino (ATMega 32u4 boards) and how. I remember he (you Howard) was taking about this implementation, but i cannot figure how to take advance of this (i really want to remove my x360 pad i am using for rumble and get a full arduino setup in my racing rig).
Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 02:37:44 am by baritonomarchetto »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Mamehooker - HID interface writes
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 09:09:16 pm »
Sorry about the extremely late reply.  What I've ultimately done with my stuff is setup the Arduino as both a hid device and a serial device, using mamehooker's serial functions to control stuff.  Obviously the functions are a bit more cumbersome (you have to initiate a serial connection and then send data and finally close it when the game exits.) but it gets the job done well in regards to controlling outputs. 

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:10:16 pm
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 12:41:12 am »
Thank you for the reply Howard. I was tempted to send you a pm, but seeing that you are a little bit buisy in real life I left it go.
Any chance for a basic tutorial on this in the future? I use arduino on a regular way, developed various projects with the board, but this is still something I cannot afford alone...

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 03:21:11 pm »
Yeah I can't do it right now because my racing rig is physically blocked in (long story... I'm moving a bunch of stuff) but once I get it out I'll post the ini files I was using at least.  I've got it setup via mamehooker for Outrun FXT atm and that's about it.  Haven't had much time to work on this stuff. 

RamjetR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 04, 2021, 03:27:58 am
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 05:44:41 am »
I know how you feel Howard... I moved house 5 years ago and all of my cabinets are at the back of the garage behind moving boxes we still haven't unpacked lol
Gentlemen.... Start your engines!
My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/ramjetr?feature=mhee
Try my RamjetM2Borderless V0.7 utility for your M2Emulator shooting games here https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-P3wlCiYEm3RzhCZk1NcFR3blE
Try my Sega Model 2 Output Utility RamjetVR V1.4 https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-P3wlCiYEm3VHhBMXNxZGVIQk0/edit

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:43:52 pm
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 06:37:37 am »
Welcome back, stranger.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk