Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What is the coating on Xarcade Tank stick control panel?  (Read 3455 times)

DssTrainer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2018, 11:10:12 am
What is the coating on Xarcade Tank stick control panel?
« on: April 27, 2018, 03:39:18 pm »
I'm working on a cabinent and I'm curious as to what sort of laminated coating is used on the Xarcade tankstick.
I was just going to put a piece of lexan over the top, but I really like how the tankstick is done.
But what is it called or how do I find a company and say "do this" ?

Thanks!

jeremymtc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:15:57 am
Re: What is the coating on Xarcade Tank stick control panel?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 10:35:30 pm »
The material Hanaho uses is called GE Lexan 10 mil Suede/Mat Polycarbonate. It comes in clear transparent rolls, and the printers print the graphics (silk screen) on the back side of this. By printing the graphics on the back it insures that the graphics WILL NOT rub off. Once it’s dry a 3m adhesive is added, then cut, packaged and shipped to me.

This is a quote from Rich Ragon of Hanaho, who used to produce the HotRod joystick which preceded the X-Arcade units. The overlay material is pretty much the same thing on the X-Arcade products.

DssTrainer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2018, 11:10:12 am
Re: What is the coating on Xarcade Tank stick control panel?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 04:10:44 pm »
Thank you!