Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Looking for a Frontend that matches these requirements  (Read 1734 times)

Jakobud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 04:45:38 am
Looking for a Frontend that matches these requirements
« on: April 25, 2018, 10:39:03 pm »
I have not kept up on the frontends that people use these days. I'm looking for one that matches these requirements:

• Simple layout. List of games with maybe a screenshot to the side or screenshot in the background. I don't care about ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- like the year the game is from, or description of the game, or manufacturer game, etc. Just game name + screenshot.
  • Configurable Layout - I used Mala long ago and liked it's layout configuration abilities.
  • Multiple categories - I would like to be able to select between different categories of Arcade games, for example shooters, puzzle, etc
  • I want to be able to add games to individual categories on the fly in the frontend (IE, NOT needing editing some .ini or XML file outside the emulator). For example if I have a favorites category, having the ability for the user to select a game and add it to the "favorites" category
  • I don't need videos or anything fancy
  • I would like the ability to mix systems together in categories. For example I would want my Daphne Laserdisc games to be combined into the same list of games as Mame arcade games. I do not want to be forced to have 2 different systems that I have to choose between (MAME Arcade and Daphne Laserdisc games)
  • Windows 7 x64 supported

Anyone got any ideas on this? Seems like a ton of Frontends these days cost money now. Would be nice to use a free one if possible. This is for a cabinet I'm building for a friend.

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
Re: Looking for a Frontend that matches these requirements
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 06:11:04 am »
Attractmode has filtering, add/remove games from favorites, add/remove tags (which can be used for dynamic lists), and can program your own layout if you want. There is lots of community created themes on the attract forum. RetroFE is very similar, so it might have same features. It’s worth checking out. Not sure about big blue front end, but it’s awesome if your a Capcom fan. Extremely thought out UI for adding and organizing games.