Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Going back to the crt way, need advice on how to hook it up.  (Read 2329 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:26:20 pm
Going back to the crt way, need advice on how to hook it up.
« on: April 24, 2018, 11:23:06 pm »
hey thanks for reading, theres a guy with an old crt monitor on one of those old advance mame cabinets and the monitor actually has  a good picture, so i became nostalgic and wanted to buy it from him in order to build a pacman or dk  multi cab. Its been so long and after searching for so long, i saw that 15khz soft might work under windows 7, (i dont like xp anymore) some say it does not work, then i found another tool ,emudriver that works with groovy mame or windows too, that looks promising, but to be honest , i fell in love with recalbox and its simplicity, but i do believe retroarch wont support 15khz, so i guess i would be stuck with hyperspin. Anyway , i do actually have a hyperspin setup that i can easy copy and paste to a new build i just would like to know, what would be the best option to make this happen, but if is posible to make it happen on recalbox (on pc) that would be way better, hope i explained myself, thanks for your help.

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
Re: Going back to the crt way, need advice on how to hook it up.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 05:12:48 am »
Is the monitor an sd crt tv or a cga arcade monitor? If the latter - buy a jpac to utilize the jamma conection and 15khz filtering on boot. Use crt emu driver to force windows 15khz. Use groovymame to switch mode lines automatically. Front end is your choice. I prefer attractmode. Retrofe and big blue are good alternatives as well. I recommend windows 10 1603 enterprise if possible and it’s super easy to hide windows UI.

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:26:20 pm
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 07:35:49 am »
I recommend windows 10 1603 enterprise if possible and it’s super easy to hide windows UI.
do you have a link for that?

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 09:44:54 pm
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 10:30:23 pm »
https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/87668-A-guide-to-connecting-your-Windows-PC-to-an-SD-CRT-TV-PVM-or-Arcade-Monitor

Mednafen works fine with 15kHz, and there's a fork being discussed on the GM subforum on here you probably want to take a look at. There are also some threads about retroarch and why it's not perfect yet, but it might even be ready to go now for all i know. I'm sure it will be soon if not yet.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/board,52.0.html

I'm using attactmode as a front end, which works really well and is (comparatively) easy to set up.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 10:57:54 pm by buttersoft »

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 07:41:36 pm »
I recommend windows 10 1603 enterprise if possible and it’s super easy to hide windows UI.
do you have a link for that?

You need to google for it, or buy from Microsoft. Forum holds a tight ship on legalities.