Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Playing Model2 games linked or single player  (Read 2067 times)

shess

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2021, 04:17:28 pm
Playing Model2 games linked or single player
« on: April 23, 2018, 02:08:10 pm »
I've got a pair of racers with the Model2 emulator that are currently working as a linked setup. However, sometimes I want to just play the game single player. In this case, if the slave isn't powered up, the master will just hang on the boot screen checking for the network connection. I don't plan to keep a keyboard connected to change the twin -> single setting in the test screen, so is there a way to easily swap between these two modes?

shaolindrunkard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
Re: Playing Model2 games linked or single player
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 04:02:59 pm »
Just have 2 instances of the emulator in different folders. Run one and set it up for single player and the other....

You could even set up a front end to run one or the other on a menu...

shess

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2021, 04:17:28 pm
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 07:25:47 pm »
Thanks for the info, I figured it would be something like that. I'm going to use the Checkered Flag frontend, so I'll mess around with it and see what I can do.

dgrace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:08:57 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 02:23:54 pm »
Can anyone tell me the best settings to play Daytona USA using an Xbox 360 controller? I imagine it plays better with a g27 or g29. When I use the 360 controller it's all over the place.