Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Show off your console controller collection thread.  (Read 4690 times)

chopperthedog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:27:26 pm
Show off your console controller collection thread.
« on: April 22, 2018, 10:26:06 pm »
I love playing with and exploring various oem and 3rd party controllers from the different consoles. My job has me driving all over the city and suburbs to different job sites, so I'm able to squeeze in very quick stops at thrift stores, pawn shops and other video game stores throughout my travels to seek out the odd, dirty and cheap.

I just wanted to show off my current controller collection and encourage others do so as well. I can take better pics of a specific controller on request. Hope this thread helps to expose myself and others to new controllers that you may never have seen before.

good day.

yamatetsu

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 03:08:31 pm
  • Just because.
Re: Show off your console controller collection thread.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 06:37:29 am »
PSX.

PS2.

Ps2.

Dreamcast.

XBox.

XBox 360.

Wii.

PS2.

PS2.

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:02:12 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 09:45:13 am »
I love playing with and exploring various oem and 3rd party controllers from the different consoles. My job has me driving all over the city and suburbs to different job sites, so I'm able to squeeze in very quick stops at thrift stores, pawn shops and other video game stores throughout my travels to seek out the odd, dirty and cheap.

I just wanted to show off my current controller collection and encourage others do so as well. I can take better pics of a specific controller on request. Hope this thread helps to expose myself and others to new controllers that you may never have seen before.

good day.

No Power Glove?  ;D

chopperthedog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:27:26 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 06:47:38 pm »
@yamatetsu, nice stuff, been keeping an eye out for the og psx analog controller like that. Was neat to learn about and watch a couple vids on that game trak.

@nitrogen_widget, never wanted one as a kid and don't think I'd invest in one now unless it was free.... maybe...  :laugh:

Was able to score one of these today at a resale shop for $10, had never seen one before, thumb pad is nice and feels comfortable in hand.

This was a drunk 2am ebay purchase from China, it was $3.95 nib with cheap 7 week shipping. It's the "Blaze Hyper Drive", you can see the "drive" portion with the added spring loaded analog ring around the dpad. Odd and neat piece.

good day.

cw

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 07:18:37 pm
  • Game over man game over
    • The Cab
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 09:32:27 pm »
been wanting to get a few pics posted...

XSFDriver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2023, 11:02:22 pm
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 02:37:24 am »
Wow, Vectrex... cool. A mate of mine's got one in his "Computer and Video game museum" in
Smythesdale... (<-- check it out on google [Victoria, Australia]), until now it was the only one
I've seen. I've only got a Vectrex emulator, runs on the Playstation 2, but like most things...
...you can't beat the real thing :applaud: :applaud:

XSFDriver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 07:21:22 am »
Caught up with a few mates last night, I was telling them about this website, also asked Greg if
he'd mind if I took a pic of his controller display to post on here. I'll never forget the first time I
saw it... I think my jaw hit the floor, then I started to pick out a few that I had too.

It's sort of like the "Wheres Waldo" of game controllers... see any you've got in there?

Anyway, "Her's to you", Greg... Cheers mate :notworthy:

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 06:00:00 am
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 06:19:21 am »

@yamatetsu, nice stuff, been keeping an eye out for the og psx analog controller

I think I may have 3 or 4 at my Dad place, if so I can mail you one. Next time I’m outthere I’ll have a look.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 06:21:46 am by Locke141 »

yamatetsu

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 03:08:31 pm
  • Just because.
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 08:10:16 am »
Found my Amiga controllers.

Competition Pro joysticks. Note the small one. Ain't he cute?

Competition Pro Manix Twins.

Datex Joy Ball.

XSFDriver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 07:54:27 am »
Wow, cool, there's some controllers I've never seen before. Very cool to see what diverse one's are out there. :applaud: