Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cannot get HLSL settings enabled  (Read 5210 times)

JordyRamone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2018, 05:53:53 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Cannot get HLSL settings enabled
« on: April 21, 2018, 05:03:06 pm »
Hi guys,
I finally got my arcade cabinet ready but the only thing left to do if get mame running the way i want. I ran some games and was sort of underwhelmed by the picture quality and i am hoping to add some filters through HLSL settings to help me. The problem is that i turn HLSL on and nothing happens. I go to the sliders and they only show options for lenght and width, etc. The HLSL slider filters are not there. I noticed when enabled it says something about PS3.0. I have no idea what that is. I am running on a computer with windows 10 and my monitor is a dell 4:3 (ultrasharp?). Is it not wanting to apply the filters because my monitor is too old? i have searched the internet and cannot find anything. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

JordyRamone

• Offline Offline
Re: Cannot get HLSL settings enabled
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 12:34:53 am »
Ok, I thought I would give an update on what I tried so far. A friend of mine had a decent graphics card (ASUS 6670) kicking around. So we installed that and went in Mame and still no hlsl settings. I deleted Mame and reinstalled it and still nothing. I was at a friend's house tonight and I went under his settings to enable hlsl and his worked fine. So I know I am going to the correct place. I am going to try downloading the graphics card driver from their site and not just the windows ones that download.
Anyone have any ideas what's going wrong here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Robbbert

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:40:45 am
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 02:11:19 am »
You haven't said what your operating system is.

You will need to make sure that DX9 is installed.

JordyRamone

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 07:57:53 am »
You haven't said what your operating system is.

You will need to make sure that DX9 is installed.
I have windows 10 installed. It has direct X 12. That should work, right? My computer specs are Intel core i3-2021 3.30 GHz, 8 Gb.

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 11:13:45 am »
I have windows 10 installed. It has direct X 12. That should work, right? My computer specs are Intel core i3-2021 3.30 GHz, 8 Gb.
[/quote]

No, you probably need actual DirectX 9 if that's what it calls for.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

JordyRamone

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 12:43:24 pm »

No, you probably need actual DirectX 9 if that's what it calls for.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429
[/quote]I will try this later tonight when I get home tho I think I tried that link and it says it's not for windows 10. Will it let me download it anyways. Is there a way to get it to work? Thanks for the response.

JordyRamone

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 05:53:53 pm »
Wow! Just found the answer. Will post here for anyone struggling with Windows 10. So the link ppl always show is the one for direct X9c. the problem is that it can't be used on Windows 10. Found the answer here
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/directx-9-on-windows-10/7b7cec82-4a6d-4bb8-b7a5-3889aae764c1
You need to do the second thing they recommend. The direct link is here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
Hope this can help someone in the future.
Cheers