Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need help on mounting bezel.. I made an Oops  (Read 2622 times)

mekanikal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2018, 12:41:22 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Need help on mounting bezel.. I made an Oops
« on: April 20, 2018, 01:30:18 pm »
Hey guys so I'm pretty far along in my build and I ran into a problem. When I mounted the monitor I didn't leave room for the bezel to fit between the monitor and the marquee panel. I mounted the monitor so that it is sitting right up against the bottom of the marquee panel. Now I'm trying to mount the acrylic bezel and there is no place for me to mount it. The only solution I can come up with is to use Velcro or some other kind of fastener and to attack it to the bezel on the monitor and the acrylic and then have the bottom of the acrylic sit on the brackets that support the control panel. Anyone have any other ideas?

**Also this is a really old pic of the project, about 2 months ago, im actually much farther along and the speakers are mounted so it makes it even trickier. this was the only pic i had on my phone while im here at work brainstorming.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 01:39:03 pm by mekanikal »

ger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2022, 02:54:34 pm
Re: Need help on mounting bezel.. I made an Oops
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 08:02:10 pm »
Hey guys so I'm pretty far along in my build and I ran into a problem. When I mounted the monitor I didn't leave room for the bezel to fit between the monitor and the marquee panel. I mounted the monitor so that it is sitting right up against the bottom of the marquee panel. Now I'm trying to mount the acrylic bezel and there is no place for me to mount it. The only solution I can come up with is to use Velcro or some other kind of fastener and to attack it to the bezel on the monitor and the acrylic and then have the bottom of the acrylic sit on the brackets that support the control panel. Anyone have any other ideas?

**Also this is a really old pic of the project, about 2 months ago, im actually much farther along and the speakers are mounted so it makes it even trickier. this was the only pic i had on my phone while im here at work brainstorming.

Hi,

You Can try to remove the plastic bezel from the monitor.
With a bit luck, Its 2mm. And your acrylic is also 2mm?

Greets,
Ger

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 08:14:50 pm »
aluminum L channel. screwed up into the bottom of the marquee area. other flat side holds the bezel plexi against the monitor.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

ivwshane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 24, 2022, 09:35:21 pm
    • My first mame cab! (WIP)
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 03:57:28 am »
I use 1/4" C channel to hold in the glass or acrylic. Based on your pic, the challenge will be mounting the C channel to your control panel, it needs to match the angle of your monitor. Hopefully you can still remove the control panel because then you can make a bevel cut on the top side of the cp which will create a flat surface that should be made so that it's perpendicular to your monitor.

Hopefully what I said makes sense.

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 01:10:21 pm »
What Malenko and ivwshane said.  It looks like you could do with lowering the control panel anyway so it shouldn't be too much hassle.

ivwshane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 24, 2022, 09:35:21 pm
    • My first mame cab! (WIP)
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 02:23:58 pm »
I will add that if you want the control panel to be removable then you should actually shorten the cp so that the u-channel will fit behind it. When cut off that piece you still want to cut it at an angle that matches that of your monitor (or beveled enough so that the cp can be butted against the c-channel).

mekanikal

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2018, 12:41:22 pm
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 09:31:00 am »
thank you everyone for the advice, i was actually considering a lot of these solutions but in the end i just ended up taking a wedge and hammer and busting out the monitor mount and repositioning it like it was intended to go originally. i filled it with wood putty and you can't even tell that i messed up haha. im too much of a perfectionist and it would have driven me crazy knowing that there was velcro or something holding it in place.